• This topic has 62 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Bing.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • watches, why the left wrist?
  • julianwilson
    Free Member

juan – Member

It's the same with brakes. Right hand rear, means you're queer.

Or continental/american (but I concur it makes more sense if you are right handed to have it british way)

Juan swapped my brakes over when he borrowed my bike/trailer/daughter combo at the BBB. Perhaps he thought that as well as having had mrs wilson take a shine to him, he could turn my head too?

(bisous envers Juan)

jahwomble
    Free Member

wristwatches were only invented in about 1914 or something, all to do with timing everybody going over the top and getting their brains and giblets blown all over Flanders on time or the like.

Stoner
    Free Member

"The French however, because they weren't into duelling and time-keeping, obviously drive on the right instead. "

Stoner in fail again.

jeez, Im going to have to put sarcasm tags on my posts for all Le hard-of-thinking out there.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

He's French, wouldn't have mattered if you did, can't resist the temptation to jump down your throat … 😉

uplink
    Free Member

because they weren't into duelling

How can you have a duel if both parties have their hands up? 😉

juan
    Free Member

(bisous envers Juan)

Bisous aussi 😉
    Brakes were turn the "rigth way around" to minimise the risk of crashing (you do remember at this point I was trailing your daughter ;)).

Mind you didn't stop me for getting stuck in a log;)
    As for mrs julian I have NO idea what you are talking about

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

you do remember at this point I was trailing your daughter ;)).

Restraining order for Juan, please.

ski
    Free Member

I'm a righty, but that's more to do with the amount of scars I have on my left arm.

ok what does it mean if you have the watch turn to the inside of your wrist?

You know the type, the ones that have to twist their arms over to tell the time?

jahwomble
    Free Member

I thought that as well……

Stoner
    Free Member

and anyway the french are back to front because napoleon was sinister and wanted his sword hand to be between him and his enemy rather than the correct way round for 90% of the (even french) population.

Not because he was a chippy precursor to a chippy juan.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ok what does it mean if you have the watch turn to the inside of your wrist?

It means that you pour a pint over someone other than yourself when you look at your watch.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ok what does it mean if you have the watch turn to the inside of your wrist?

invariably I find it means you have a weak handshake and probably teach languages.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner, Napoleon wasn't really French, though….! Corse and sinister!

Moses

Coarse & sinister lefy, eh?

Ernie_Lynch, perhaps?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Coarse? No idea. I know that Ernie's not Corse, though.

Moses

Last time we met I thought he looked more like Robespierre. Too tall for a Corsican?

thomthumb
    Free Member

i was always told it was so you can write the time down

neillp
    Free Member

I did wear mine on the right until someone in a Ford KA decided to pull out on me on Monday night. It made a lovely dent in her wing!

Tags DO crack under pressure!

Bing
    Free Member

Why not?

I know people who wear watches with the face on the underside of their wrist….. gayers!

Grimy
    Free Member

I wear mine upside down purley because I find it far more comfortabe with the flat of the watch face on the fairly flat underside of my wrist, and the flexible strap over the more curved top of my wrist. You can look at the time without spilling your pint too! lol. Holy shit I must be gay. 😯 😆

skidartist
    Free Member

Surely watches were invented long after a gentleman went out wearing a sword?

Yes but before watches were invented gentlemen would wear a portable sundial on their left wrist.

Grimy
    Free Member

Surely watches were invented long after a gentleman went out wearing a sword?

Yes but before watches were invented gentlemen would wear a portable sundial on their left wrist.

Solar powered eh! Funny how things come back around every few years. 😆

Bing
    Free Member

Post timing irony – youve gotta love it!

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘watches, why the left wrist?’ is closed to new replies.