Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Voodoo Limba anyone?
  • Northwind

I know NOWT about cross bikes, so any advice appreciated!

I’ve found a Voodoo Limba for cheap in a local shop, £400. I can’t find much online about it but it’s pretty tidy- scandium-and-carbon frame, Truvativ elita double chainset, 105 shifting, carbon fork, Avid shorty 4 brakes cantis (I did swear I’ll never buy another set of cantis but I’d like to think they’ve improved since 1991). Didn’t get full wheel details, think they were mavic opensports, other finishing kit was Raceface Cadence I think.

So it seems like a pretty nice bit of kit… Anyone got any experience? I’d be using it as a commuter (road and dirt paths), but with some off road and who knows, maybe some ineffectual racing some time.

geoffj

Is that new?

Houns

Yep I have one, love it

Northwind

Aye, brand new old stock. Couple of storage scuffs on it is all.

Cheers Houns. Does yours have a really unattractive cable guide/screw on the left of the downtube btw?

wwaswas

If you don’t have it and it’s a 56 can you email me? In profile, Ta

Northwind

I’m not sure what size it is- I’ll find out though. Felt OK to me at 5’10, possibly slightly small, not sure how these size up

Houns

Yes, just a cable guide for front mech

Northwind

Cool. It’s not pretty is it! A very handsome bike otherwise.

Northwind

Went in and had another sit on it… They’ve got one on display, and one in a box in the warehouse which now has my name on it :mrgreen: Not 100% on the sizing tbh but at the price I’m not too concerned about shifting it on or reframing it if it doesn’t work out.

So cheers folks. Oh and wwaswas, ygm

STATO
    Free Member

Ive got a 58cm Limba, very nice bike, incredibly light (for a tough alu frame), handling is spot on, and it rides really well over rough ground (carbon back end is noticable!). Only porblem i have is the Geo, the 58 i have only has a 56cm horiz tt, which is too short for me at 6ft4 so its had to go on ebay.

cynic-al
    Free Member

sounds bargaineous

Northwind

The best bit is, it’s getting professionally assembled and tested by a trained halfords mechanic 😆 Though, tbh it’s Hermiston Gait, they’ve got some capable spanners in there so that does take some of the fun out of it. I haven’t bought a new bike since 1991, in the same shop (and I rode to the shop today on that bike!)

So, £399.50, plus £10.99 worth of free accessories. And some free lights as well, though they look rubbish, probably go straight to the cycle recycle people.

Del

very nice. nearly bought one at sale price of 750 IIRC, when list was ~ 950 or 1k.
    good bit of kit for the money i’d say.

ontor
    Free Member

I have one. It’s the dogs bollocks

wwaswas

Northwind, ygm.

Northwind

I think me and wwaswas have cleared out Hermiston Gait :mrgreen: Just took it out for a first offroad ride tonight, probably should have done so in daylight instead so it was… interesting. Lovely, in a strange sort of a way. Offroad in the drops feels mental but right.

What surprises me isn’t the headline Exciting Parts like the 105 levers and rear mech- though that’s a pretty big deal considering the price. It’s the detail parts- it’s got a decent FSA headset, good tyres, even the cassette is 105, I’d assumed it’d be some cheap rubbish like with so many full builds.

So. Thanks folks! Good advice I think, seems like it’s going to be a very happy purchase. Even if (as I suspect it might) it turns out to be a little short, it’ll be a fantastic parts donor. Can’t lose!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Limba anyone?’ is closed to new replies.