• This topic has 110 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • US declassified videos showing “UFOs”
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Some governments have real flying craft and alien bodies already.

From that statement all I read into it is:

”aliens are real, governments are covering all this shit up and I want them to release everything they have to the public”

I’m sure your intentions are real and qualified, however far more senior people than you have gone down this route many many times only to hit the same barriers and blockages.

You won’t win.

If aliens do exist, why not just turn up on Capital Hill in their massive space ship and step out in front of this human race and proclaim “take me to your leader, no! Not the floppy haired orange man child, someone with a brain”

I will wait, but not hold my breath.

trumpton
    Free Member

a mysterious girl with 6 webbed fingers and two heads.

nealglover
    Free Member

Most crashes occur miles from anywhere

That’s quite handy isn’t it.
    How very considerate of the crashing aliens to help out like this and aim for the desert rather than a Walmart Carpark 👍

Drac

You won’t win.

He just did. 🤦🏻‍♂️

perchypanther
    Free Member

I suspect he’s been watching India Jones films

These Bollywood remakes are getting out of hand……

bikebouy
    Free Member

You won’t win.

He just did. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Indeed he did.

footflaps

These Bollywood remakes are getting out of hand……

Their super man remake was something…

Probably all Aliens…..

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

NACA lifting body looks quite UFOish

NACA lifting body HL10

Drac

It’s not round?

IdleJon

We’ve all seen UFO’s I’m open minded

Reminds me of a Stargazers Lounge thread where somebody said they’d seen a UFO. He described the direction, constellations it passed etc, and said it was so bright and quick it couldn’t possibly be anything other than aliens.

The first replies, posted very quickly, advised him that it had been the ISS. A quick web search would have told him that, also who was on board, what they were doing, what they had for tea… I’m guessing he really wanted to see aliens. 😁

Cougar

i’d like to think we’re not the only species in the universe and some are more advance than us… likewise some less advanced.

I think this is almost a certainty. It’s a numbers game.

Many factors have to be Just Right for life to exist. It’s a vastly unlikely thing to happen.

But. The universe is a big place and we are exceptionally bad at comprehending really big things.

Our own galaxy has something like 200 billion stars in it, and we’re a relatively small one (our closest spiral galaxy Andromeda has about a trillion). There’s estimates of between 170bn and two trillion galaxies in the observable universe.

Using conservative figures that gives us 40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000‬ stars and the actual figure is probably considerably higher (I’ve just googled and found an estimate from 2003 putting it at near double my figure, 70 and all those zeroes, so I was quite pleased with my back-of-an-envelope workings here when I saw that). By way of comparison that’s ten times the number of grains of sand on Earth (and ten times the number of molecules in a drop of water, seems we’re very bad at comprehending really small things too, who knew).

So if we were to say that life on a planet is a once-in-a-trillion occurrence (a figure I’ve just pulled out of my arse as an example), that means there’s 70 million stars out there with life in their solar system. We’ve gone from life on other planets being highly unlikely to the notion instead that it’s highly unlikely that there isn’t life elsewhere.

Of course, the kicker is that distance is another very big and difficult to comprehend number. Is there life on other planets, almost certainly. Will we ever see for ourselves, almost certainly not. Are there little green men in flying saucers, stop reading conspiracy theory websites Mulder.

johnx2
    Free Member

And I’ve now got an earworm of a singing alien…

craft is driven away on a flatbed truck

Well I’m alienin’ on a corner in Winslow Arizona
    When such a fine sight to see
    It’s a girl my lord
    In a flatbed Ford
    Slowin’ down to take a look at me

trumpton
    Free Member

there’s just been a planet on the media that has similar properties to earth with a sun, water ( oceans ) and similar temps to earth. twice as big though. We will know more about it as telescopes improve according to the article.

I have been watching UFO programs on tv.

jam-bo

or better put…

Where is everybody?

footflaps

I have been watching UFO programs on tv.

The government controls TV, so they only show you what they want you to know….

Cougar

There were stories of pilots having been demoted once they have mentioned seeing craft and being to told not to report them.

I can see three explanations here:

1) “Stories” and anecdotes are not evidence. I’ve read a story about a boy who was bitten by a radioactive spider and ended up with the ability to climb walls and shoot webs out of his wrists (which is clearly nonsense, he should’ve shot them out of his arse).

2) Secret new spy planes need to have test flights at some point and their governments probably don’t want details of such things reaching foreign shores.

3) It’s aliens.

(Call me sceptical, but I don’t expect that all three explanations carry a similar probability.)

Drac

Trumpton you deserve an award.

trumpton
    Free Member

alien life is one of my ‘special’ subjects lol as long as I don’t get banned from the US after this thread.

tjagain

Drake equations and Fermi paradox!

Myself I believe in the “zoo hypothesis” which is that there are lots of alien species out there but they are keeping us in isolation until we grow up a bit.

Also “aliens” that folk see really are aliens – but they are alien high school kids playing around, breaking the isolation earth is held in by appearing in earth is disguises and having a bit of fun with the locals always picking on some redneck that no one will believe. ( from hitchikers guide which is of course a true story)

johnx2
    Free Member

trumpton
    Free Member

that makes sense as there’s been alot of low level ( height ) sightings around nuclear bases esp. during the cold war years. They seemed really concerned about humans involvement with all things nuclear.

footflaps

Now aliens have abducted the CSS from this thread and the formatting has gone awry….

trumpton
    Free Member

I think I’ve broken the page.

rossburton
    Free Member

Of course, the kicker is that distance is another very big and difficult to comprehend number. Is there life on other planets, almost certainly. Will we ever see for ourselves, almost certainly not. Are there little green men in flying saucers, stop reading conspiracy theory websites Mulder.

Also, time is big. We’ve been around for a tiny fraction of the duration of life on the planet, which is a tiny fraction of the age of the planet, which is a fraction of the age of the universe. There could be millions of civilisations in the galaxy, but never actually coexisting.

trumpton
    Free Member

UFO’s have been visiting earth apparently for centuries. In ancient aliens on tv many early civilizations have made artwork of alien looking faces and bodies with images of beings in spacesuits complete with backpacks and full helmets on covering the whole head. The government of Mexico has just released to the public ancient jewerley with pictures of flying saucers on it. The items are said to be original and not fakes. It is thought they made contact with the humans and helped develop written language and their pyramids. They were known as something like sky gods and were worshipped. All over the world pyramid structures for ancient people have been erected without any of these people having anyway to contact each other or any known way of making such large structures themselves.

In one example some of the ancient language was deciphered talked about ufos and aliens helping them. The flying craft usually had flames coming from them and some looked just like traditional planes with wings, a body and jets. others looked like typical flying disks with lights around them.

tjagain

Mentioned in the bible as well. Pillar of fire by night and smoke by day – sounds like a hovering rocket to me. Parting of the red sea – obviously force fields.

Drac

Parting of the red sea – obviously force fields.

Yeah there’s force fields part the North Sea up here to allow cars to cross.

trumpton
    Free Member

thanks for the kind comment drac.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Also, time is big.

How big, like really big? I mean, would we even believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Mentioned in the bible as well. Pillar of fire by night and smoke by day – sounds like a hovering rocket to me. Parting of the red sea – obviously force fields.

Yeah. Force fields. Or the tide went out a bit.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-did-moses-part-the-red-sea-1417790250

I’m a jus gonna be goin with that there Occam’s Razor on that one right there.

slowoldman

If aliens do exist, why not just turn up on Capital Hill in their massive space ship and step out

Because they keep crashing?

Cougar

If aliens do exist, why not just turn up on Capital Hill in their massive space ship and step out in front of this human race and proclaim “take me to your leader, no! Not the floppy haired orange man child, someone with a brain”

null

(point of pedantry, it’s Capitol Hill.)

bikebouy
    Free Member

UFO’s have been visiting earth apparently for centuries. In ancient aliens on tv many early civilizations have made artwork of alien looking faces and bodies with images of beings in spacesuits complete with backpacks and full helmets on covering the whole head

Yeah, those scrawls on the caves and Egyptian hieroglyphs… seen em’ and well documented as impression Art.

But you do have a point, why paint something or scrawl something you don’t actually see.. or want to see…?

Oh, imagination…. It’s human trait.

trumpton
    Free Member

Not sure about the egyptians though. There were other groups in other parts of the world all with varying pyramid structures. All the structures were different but they were all pyramids.

tjagain

What about the geoglyphs in chile? Can only be seen from the air.

bsims
    Free Member

Where are they from? Uranus.

Crossed thread, I hope they dont remake that one.

trumpton
    Free Member

tj they look amazing. must have been viewed from the air like you say.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What about the geoglyphs in chile? Can only be seen from the air.

Indeed, or the Nazca Lines in Peru… or the Cerne Abbas giant in Wiltshire, or the White Horse Sutton Bank.. Or… or… or indeed….or…

Plenty of depictions of humans or animals or “gods” around the world facing the sky, it’s a thing humans here do… paint or carve stuff with their imaginations.

Imagine a world, a human world, without imagination?

I sometimes think to myself some STW posters fall into that category 🤪🕺

bsims
    Free Member

I read ( cant find the link) that it has been hypothesised the spiders are like landing craft, the birds are the ships and the fish type shapes the aliens. other glyps point to an area in the sky where a planet, Wolf 424? is located. The analysis suggest this is a ‘water world’

edit. Thats a binary star, not a planet.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘US declassified videos showing “UFOs”’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM