Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Unwanted attention
  • dokta
    Free Member

Didn’t want to share this as recently there had been discussions of that type, but seems I had enough and need to let the steam off. 

At work was approached by a young Asian looking fella, at first he was asking just some work related questions … then out of a blue he approached me again and asked my phone number, wtf?! 

Told him as I don’t share personal details with public his persistence faded off, yet again he fired at me saying :  – it doesn’t matter, you look damn hot! and he left.

Now, I was a bit shocked to be approached in that way but somehow managed to brush that off.

After a month I see him again, greeting him like everyone else -hello mister* and in reply get -hello gorgeous*. This time at least I knew his ways so ignored that, yet he managed to blow me a flipping kiss infront of all to see as if I was his associate FFS. 

If my wife hears that story she would explode laughing at me as its not the first time I get that kind of saucy attention, she witnessed it couple of times when we used to work together. 

How would-did you handle this kind of situations? Please at least cheer me up. Feel empty and don’t know why.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it, you’re not gay if you don’t push back.

donsimon
    Free Member

He’s playing with you.
    Do you lack self confidence?
    Are you that much of a pushover?
    Take it as a compliment and move on, hardly worth getting hot under the collar, is it?

MadPierre

Have a quiet word with him and say

a) you are not interested

b) if he embarresses you like that in front of people again you will take it up with his boss/tw*t him? (delete as you see fit)

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Just be flattered, sugar lips

iDave
    Free Member

methinks he doth protest too much….

argyle
    Free Member

don’t fight it buttercup x

Milkie
    Free Member

Or next time, when he’s infront of people, go ballistic and tell him its over and you can’t put up with his weird sex games and his tiny cock. 😆

I’ve done a similar thing when working in a bar, the reaction from the public and his face was priceless! 😀

dokta
    Free Member

The thing is we do have few friends who are gay so I am personally not homophobic etc, find them really good company but that kind of attention I am not comfortable with. Maybe for a woman to be a desired object of another man is tolerable but being a man and be desired by another man feels a bit different.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’ve got a job once cos the guy fancied me, and at a xmas party one year he told me just that, and the reason was he liked to decorate the office with things he liked to look at. Top bloke though, and wouldn’t be where I am today if he hadn’t given me a chance. criminal record, few worthy qualifications… etc.

I just used to get under desks and wiggle about he seemed to enjoy that, I find it complementary… at least someone fancied me!

allthepies
    Free Member

Give it a go sailor 😉

argyle
    Free Member

that’s a very homophobic statement for such an accepting fellow.

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe for a woman to be a desired object of another man is tolerable but being a man and be desired by another man feels a bit different.

😯
    I call troll.
    Pictures to be able to judge whether you’re worth it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’re clearly not comfortable with your own sexuality… come here… hold my hand.

argyle
    Free Member

that’s not your hand 😯

binners

nickf
    Free Member

being a man and be desired by another man feels a bit different.

It’s happened to me a couple of times. (I know, the men concerned must all be blind, but it takes all sorts.) A simple “I don’t want you to take this the wrong way, but you’re really not my type” seems to work.

If it persists, I guess I’d point out that this constitutes the start of harassment, and although you don’t want to get HR involved, you’ve got no choice if he carries on being an idiot.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Doesn’t unwanted attention of this kind at work count as harassment?

If he doesn’t take the hint and shut up, I’d raise it with your line manager or whatever the process is at your place of work.

This is what would happen if a male made remarks like this to a female in the office (or vice versa), so what’s the difference?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I call troll

The clincher will be when it’s explained that it’s different in the OP’s native culture.

yossarian
    Free Member

How hot are you OP?

tails
    Free Member

Essentially you are being sexually harassed so should complain to your senior colleague. Whilst some of the above comments seem childish, I often find gay people very confident with their sexuality as they may well have been through a rough few years coming to terms with their preference. When gay person tried to intimidate me in a bar I gave him a big hug he soon backed off. Also you should know from your friendship with gay people, it is not his sexuality that is a problem he is just a t**t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i find outrageoulsy flirting and stringing them along that they may just have a chance of converting you works for me.

If it bothers you ask them to stop if it does not then get HR to deal with it or buy some bombers.

edlong
    Free Member

Did all of you suggesting “getting HR involved” not read the OP? This is not a colleague, it’s a member of the public. The clue for me was the bit where he said

I don’t share personal details with public

Sometimes it’s like the Daily Mail in here

dokta
    Free Member

Thanks for lighthearted jokes and some share experience advice, my day is saved. 

It’s just this type of occurrence doesn’t happen on a daily basis. Hearing your own experiences helped. 

You see I should be more clearer to explain myself. I drive for living and see through 400-500 passengers a day, funnily enough I managed to get an admirerer. Reading all that have to laugh it off, at least feel a bit easier.

martinhutch

That isn’t your hand

Those aren’t pillows….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pu0m9iTo4[/video]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I drive for living

“But do you drive stick?”

argyle
    Free Member

I drive for living

“But do you drive stick?”

But do you strive d…?

IGMC

joao3v16
    Free Member

I don’t share personal details with public

Ah. Smeg.

I missed that bit. So my ‘harassment at work’ etc comment earlier is irrelevant.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Just give him a Dirty Bristow and have done with it.

Harry_the_Spider

Is he rich?

dokta
    Free Member

Lol I admire your perceptions of a bus driver.

Harrythespider, would you really sell your soul to the devil for few shillings? Wow, that’s money talk 🙂

project
    Free Member

He may just be freindly…..

Harry_the_Spider

Harrythespider, would you really sell your soul to the devil for few shillings?

No, but I’d take offers on yours. 😉

SaxonRider

This has got to be a troll.

I mean, who talks like this:

dokta – Member
    The thing is we do have few friends who are gay so I am personally not homophobic etc, find them really good company

?

‘Them’ would be other people. The sentence is a bit like saying ‘I have a few <insert ethnicity> friends, and they’re good company’. What? That surprises you?!?

If you’re not gay, smile, thank the guy for the kind words, and get on with your job.

dogbert
    Free Member

try it, you might like it

edlong
    Free Member

@saxonrider

maybe someone who’s first language isn’t English? Just a guess..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s happened to me a couple of times in pubs/bars, usually abroad. I’m not that bothered as long as it doesn’t get physical. But if it was a work colleague I would put a stop to it sharpish. Start with a polite word to desist, and escalate to management if that doesn’t get results.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It’s only Gay if you make eye contact.

#FACT

scaredypants

This is a MrNutt-style allegory isn’t it

are you North Korea ?

nbt

It’s only Gay if you make eye contact

Doesn;t matter anyway, it’s not wrong, it’s just different (*)

*quote from one of the girls I used to work with on an unrelated yet entirely related topic, IYSWIM

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Unwanted attention’ is closed to new replies.