Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • TV Shows that are just annoying
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

I watch a bit of telly, but find the nature of programming so slow and repetitive these days.

I watched Millionaire Drop once about a month ago. In an hour long show, there was a grand total of just eleven questions. They could have asked three times as many, but there is so much repetition of what has already been said and all the jingles and light scene changes. The same innane format as Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Too many ad, breaks!

I often watch Homes Under the Hammer which has no ad. breaks. The show focuses on very few properties. Do we care about watching the auction to see who wins?

Do we need to listen to the overexcited presenters stating the obvious and not telling us anything useful – like factoring in the cost for the developer’s own labour, or useful informative stuff about the defects that are found. They never discuss the capital gains liability, the estate agents fees ETC. They don’t present the full picture. We do get airey fairy journalistic waffle!

Do we need to watch a full repeat of the clips of the properties with all the same commentary when they revisit to see the results?

Do they need to show a pair of agents walking up the street to do the final valuation?

And then there’s the innane music backing!!

X-Factor – padded out with regal, but quite pointless entrances from the judges, the excessive ad breaks, the numerous “dial such and such if you want….to win”, the general padding out is tiresome.

Celebrity Get Me Out Of here. Same nonsense!

Dont’t you hate the “and coming up” banner which precedes and spoils what is going to be shown later in the programme? These are invariably thrown in just before an ad. break, presumably so you don’t switch to another channel. It’s like an admission their programme is lame!

BBC News – always stuck on the topic of the day resulting in the blacking out all other news. Scant headlines that are designed to provoke controversy/raise your interest, stupid racey jingles when the headlines come on – why? We have already tuned in and are watching, so I don’t get why they have to seemingly try to keep our interest.

TV is so dumbed down, so ploddingly slow, so repetitive. I need to switch off. Forget new technology with HD this and 3D that, the content is dreadful!

What programmes get on your tits? What production techniques wind YOU up?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Friends. The worst programme ever made. Millions of viewers can be oh so very wrong.

hels
    Free Member

Mate – does your tele not have an off switch ?

Get a card for the local library !

diggers
    Free Member

Pretty much all of it. I only watch Match of the Day regularly. American drama and Asian cinema for me, thank god for newsgroups.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Nigellas shows irritate the crap out of me as do the cookery shows by that lame Oirish slapper called Rachel summitorother.

All soaps are annoying.

There’s also a huge following for sitcoms that ARE NOT funny. The IT Crowd, Black Books etc just are not funny.

Having said all of this – I don’t actually watch much telly….

Oh, and Jeremy Kyle (patronising chav god).

wwaswas

the irony of this thread being started by someone called spongebob.

yunki
    Free Member

any american soap or sit-com has me reaching for the remote..

grievoustim
    Free Member

I watch a fair bit of telly- but go for a quality over quantity approach

But I dont watch any of the boring stuff you have listed above – why are you?

With boxes that record the programmes you like/ iplayer etc its always easy to find good stuff to watch (I mainly watch US dramas/ UK and US comedies/ the odd documentary). And to avoid the stuff you don’t like

iDave
    Free Member

only TV i watch is xfactor with my kids, which I hate, apprentice, which I hate, some footy. other than that, pretty much nothing. like eden channel and nat geo wild but even they’re pissing on my parade these days.

Hohum
    Free Member

Friends – arrrgh! What a bag of rubbish.

Seinfeld – pants

Suite Life of Zack and Cody – a US children’s programme containing 2 young precocious boys that REALLY annoys me, it is banned in the Ho hum house.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Friends – arrrgh! What a bag of rubbish.

Seinfeld – pants

Never watched these for more than a few minutes. The canned laughter in the first 30 seconds is enough to get me to switch over.

There are plenty of equally innane UK Sitcoms like My Family, Gavin and Stacey. Rubbish!

There is rarely anything fresh and original on TV, just the same old formulae repeated ad infinitum, or just repeats.

I have a library card and am off there shortly. I hope it won’t be overun with toddlers. Some politician decided the library, once a haven of tranqulity (for obvious reasons), should become overun with screaming toddlers.

I really need to buy a decent boat and disappear on the high seas for a few years, getting as far away from this so called civilisation!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry Spongebob your OP just wasn’t succint or snappy enough for me to bother reading.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The canned laughter in the first 30 seconds

I believe Friends was always filmed in front of a live audience.

SaxonRider

deadlydarcy – Member

The canned laughter in the first 30 seconds

I believe Friends was always filmed in front of a live audience.

It doesn’t matter. Live audiences are often prompted by canned laughter in the studio.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

All news and current affairs programmes. Utter bilge. How can people watch so much news every day? There’s a life out there, you know!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter. Live audiences are often prompted by canned laughter in the studio.

Is that what happened with Friends then?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Hour long shows with 20 minutes of actual content.

Titles
    Preview
    Content
    Preview
    Ads
    Review
    Content
    Preview
    Ads
    Review
    Preview
    Content
    Review
    Ads
    Review
    Content
    Preview of Next Week
    Competition
    End Credits

You’ll see the same shots 6 times in the same programme

Torminalis
    Free Member

Would it not be quicker to have a thread about shows that are not annoying?

I made the mistake of being ill and leaving daytime TV on a couple of weeks ago. There is nowt so vile as Jeremy Kyle. Truly car crash TV.

Oh yeah, I accidentally saw a show called Crash the other day. Half an hour dedicated to showing 5 motor sport crashes, some of which were boats that didn’t even bastard crash, over and over again. Actual, genuine car crash tv.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What about buying an antique at a car boot and the selling it at auction shows.’ I brought this candlestick for £20 and it sold for £35 at auction. I made £15 woo woo’ not really you made f-all after the auctioneers cut, your fuel and time your on about -£7, but you did get on TV

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Loose women degrades women. But has anyone seen that show were a fat bald man comes round your house and points out (shouts) were you went wrong getting ripped off by cowboy builders. He then gets the good guys to put right the work. He has to be the most unlikely TV presenter, he looks like Buster Bloodvessels fatter brother and just shouts at the camera with strands of spit escaping his bullshatty mouth.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m at work when those shows are on catflees46. Sounds like you need to open the curtains and leave the house. 😆

I fail to get worked up by bad TV cos I don’t watch what I don’t like.

z1ppy

Sky+ has solved all of the problems you descibed (for us), we have more stuff waiting to be watched (series we like) than we currrently have time to watch. We don’t watch any ‘normal’ TV at all knowadays & definitely no adverts.

Little lost on why Sky sell sky+ though, surely they shot themselves in the foot advertising wise…

All of them, that’s why I don’t own a television.
    Even the documentaries and nature programmes that I think I might find interesting seem to be aimed at 5 year olds, so I soon lose interest

Torminalis
    Free Member

Little lost on why Sky sell sky+ though, surely they shot themselves in the foot advertising wise…

They make the vast majority of their revenue from subscription fees.

jon1973
    Free Member

Because the technology exists, and if you snooze you loose and people will go elsewhere for their service.

ski
    Free Member

Anything that asks you to “phone in” for whatever reason!

oddjob
    Free Member

All reality TV shows are crap. FACT

I mean X factor, the apprentice, I’m a cock get me out of here and so on if there is any doubt!

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s far, far too many shows on TV about food, property or which have en element of phone in vote with half an hour of faux suspense in them.

We seem to have forgotten comedy, documentary and the arts along the way too.

NB: I’m neither a Daily Heil reader nor am I over the age of forty, I’m just fed up with the staple diet of lazy programme planning.

ononeorange

Agree with above – turn it off it’s rubbish. The shows you mention are cheap, require no opinion of knowledge and are formulaic. Stick to BBC2!

Hohum
    Free Member

catflees46 – Member
    Loose women degrades women. But has anyone seen that show were a fat bald man comes round your house and points out (shouts) were you went wrong getting ripped off by cowboy builders. He then gets the good guys to put right the work. He has to be the most unlikely TV presenter, he looks like Buster Bloodvessels fatter brother and just shouts at the camera with strands of spit escaping his bullshatty mouth.

My wife and I have watched that one when he chases the cowboy builders, his name is Dom, don’t know his second name. He does take great delight in confronting the baddies!

He used to do a house buying programme with that young chap who committed suicide a little while ago, his name escapes me at the moment.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

No not Dom, it’s Clive off the cowboy trap, google him to see his immense personality from photos alone!!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I fail to get worked up by bad TV cos I don’t watch what I don’t like.

Gosh, really, is that possible? reading the posts on here, i thought you HAD to watch a load of bilge TV for no other reason than to complain about it.
    I have an ancient CRT with seperate freeview box which I’m loathe to “upgrade” because I don’t think I could live with one of these new-fangled sets that appear to be so complicated some people have never worked out how to switch them off. I’d go to the library to see if there’s some kind of manual, but fear it may be full of local politicians rounding up screaming kids just to fill the library and stop the general populace researching the functionality of on/off switches on domestic equipment.

Except that I am exceptionally technically gifted individual and the use of the on/off switch holds no mystery for me. I may may well set up a technical consultancy advising people on how to maximise their viewing pleasure by occaisionally switching off and doing something else.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If you don’t speak out about crap tv it will never get better. If you pay your licence then your entitled to good programming. Switching your set off and doing something else won’t get better programs.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Eastenders. What a load of shite.

jon1973
    Free Member

If you don’t speak out about crap tv it will never get better.

No, if you don’t watch crap TV, they’ll stop making it. But it seems there are plenty of people out there who watch it. How is complaining about x factor on STW gonna stop them making programs like that when it makes so much money.

High ratings = advertising income = more of the same

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The four old bags that are on around lunchtime are very annoying

Also the programme with the bloke who looks like a toby jug and an Irish woman is rather aggravating too

Enjoying Autumnwatch, the lady presenter is pleasant, but the bloke who can’t pronounce his R’s isn’t so good

jordie
    Free Member

loosw women if that was a show called Loose Men and blokes slagged off women as much as they slag men off it would last about 2 shows.My wife loves watching it i can`t even be in the same room as that show it is utter shite

Spongebob
    Free Member

“Class” troll BigButSlimmerBloke! 😆 😆

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Anything in the
    Britain’s Got The Pop Factor And Possibly A New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly On Ice Apprentice ….. type genre ….

on the other hand i do quite like the Discovery , History, channels etc etc etc

CountZero

As far as I’m concerned there’s no crap TV because I enjoy everything I watch. If there’s nothing I want to watch I dont watch anything, I read or listen to music.
    I watch the various CSI’s, Warehouse 13, Mythbusters, A Town Called Eureka, Later…, Bones, Burn Notice, NCIS, Shawn The Sheep, any BBC nature series.
    I do not, under any circumstances, watch footy, soaps, ‘reality TV’, or much in the way of quiz shows.
    It’s called making a personal choice, then I don’t need to bitch about there being nothing worth watching on TV, because everything I watch is worth watching. To me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘TV Shows that are just annoying’ is closed to new replies.