Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Travelling by car to the o2
  • aleigh
    Free Member

I’m going to the o2 this Thursday and was hoping someone could tell me how to get there from the M25. The directions I’m getting off the net are taking me through London and there’s no way I’m doing that as it takes forever!

Thank you 🙂

solarider
    Free Member

I hate to break it to you, but you can’t get to a concert venue in the middle of London without going though London! It is unfortunately also in a heavily congested part of London. Only 8 miles from where I live and it has taken me over 2 hours to drive there. The parking is also expensive. My advice would be to park in the outer reaches of London and do the central London bit by tube.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do you need to be able to drive right to the arena?

Of course you could always try the arena website:

http://www.theo2.co.uk/location/getting-there.html#car

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aleigh
    Free Member

When I came home from the o2 last time we travelled direct to the M25 and then the M4 which was far easier and less stressful than going through London and sitting in constant traffic!

I am parking there too, can’t be doing with rail works.

So………can anyone tell me what junction off the M25 I need to take and roughly where I go from there? I used the AA route planner which told me to go through Lodnon and I simply refuse to do that as I know how easy it is to get there off the M25.

Thanks.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Britney?

aleigh
    Free Member

Might be……………. 😉

Yeah it is and I’m taking my 8 year old daughter – this will be the first concert she’s ever been to.

I have found out where I have to go now which is a relief, thanks for your help anyway people 🙂

neilb67
    Free Member

When we used to go into London we used to park at Cockfosters tube station and use the tube. I dont know which would be the closest but I think you would use the DLR to get to the O2. Sorry for not being much use but thats the route I would look at.

julianwilson
    Free Member

excellent motherly behaviour: she might cringe about it in 10 years but she won’t forget it. 🙂

At work i agreed 2 separate holiday/leave requests for next week a couple of months ago only to overhear 2 twentysomthing colleagues shrieking with delight that they were going to see Britney together. 😕

aleigh
    Free Member

Well her concert experience has to start somewhere……….compared to mine I think she’s got it lucky! 😆

Britney’s not the best I know, well it’s fact but she puts on a good performance.

rOcKeTdOg

the singing will be faultless…..as it’s on tape 🙂

quite a cool first gig for an 8 yo though!

aleigh
    Free Member

Britney mainly mimes so it’s no surprise! Ciara is the support act and there’s a circus from NY too so it should be a pretty good show 😀

munkster
    Free Member

Most direct M25 junction is 2 I think, the one for the A2 anyway, head in towards London then towards the Blackwall Tunnel (from the south) on the A102. You’ll see it (the dome that is) before too long…

Could approach the Blackwall Tunnel from the north I guess but I’ve sat in traffic there for a couple of hours more than once 🙁

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Aleigh; you’re best off coming in as early as poss. That area will be heaving, within an hour of the concert starting. Do you really need to drive?

You could come in on the A2, or M11/A12. I have no idea what parking will be like, at the O2.

Alternatively, why not come early, and come for dinner at Chez RudeBoy? I live quite near the O2, and 100m from the A12! I’d advise parking up, then travelling in by tube, tbh. That way, you’d avoid the madness trying to escape, once the concert is finished.

aleigh
    Free Member

Yeah I have to drive as Brooke has school on Friday and travelling back home at that time of night would mean buses, tubes and potentially a missed train 😯

I’m picking her up from school and we’ll going straight from there so I have plenty of time to park up and eat – thank you for your invite though 🙂

When are you coming round to mine then? 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Tonight.

aleigh
    Free Member

blimey……i’ll be in bed by the time you turn up!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Heh! 😉

No, seriously, it might actually be easier for you to park up nearby, and just pop on the DLR/tube to North Greenwich. Where I am, is just the other side of the Blackwall Tunnel. I probbly only live a mile from the O2.

That way, you could avoid the chaos trying to get away from the Dome, and be straight onto the A12, up to the M11, M25, M4, Bosh! Home. 2 1/2 hours?

I often hear of proper jams on the Blackwall Tunnel southern approach, following concerts. You might be lucky, though, but check things out first, re parking etc.

Coming in on the A2 would avoid the BW Tunnel entirely. It takes me and Ollie about 1 1/2 hours to get from mine to Swinley, so about the same to the M4 junction, I’d imagine.

al-london
    Free Member

Drive there it isnt as bad as people make out.

Park in the cinema car park. All they ask you when you enter is where you are going. Tell them the cinema and you get in and parking is only £4 instead of stupid money. I have even parked for free. Just go to ticket machine tell them you went to cinema and say you didnt validate ticket and they do it on spot.

I go there a couple of times a month.

Alex

CountZero

Coming into London from the west I never go further in than Hammersmith. Park up in Kings Mall multi-story and Tube everywhere. Couldn’t imagine doing it any other way, now. Last time me and a mate drove up to Kentish Town for the Forum/Town & Country they’d changed the parking regs and we got bloody clamped! Never again.

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m taking J2 off the M25 to the A2 and I’m pretty sure I’ll avoid that tunnel altogether.

It seemed so easy after the concert I went to in January hence my desire to travel that way again!

I would have parked on the outskirts but there a tube/rail works and I can’t be doing with that.

al-london
    Free Member

yep fly up the A2 you will be fine. I have never been stuck in traffic before a Gig just make sure you park in the cinema. Blackwall tunnel can be a pain at that the time. The worst bit of journey will be M25 by Heathrow.

Alex

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Travelling by car to the o2’ is closed to new replies.