• This topic has 31 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ps44.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Trails nr. Banbury in Oxforshire?
  • themyers
    Free Member

Hi, I am off to my rents new pad next week which is between Banbury/Shipston. Is there anywhere to ride round there – some nice single track or something of the sort?

Cheers

Andy

imp999
    Free Member

We ride out of Upper Brailes(good pub) round and up the hill and it is quite good fun. Get the OS out.

andywill

There are some ok tracks around there. Not much singletrack, mostly bridleways. We ride out from Shipston on a sunday morning & you would be welcome to join us, but it looks like we are going to travel to Stanton for a ride (still welcome to join us). Where will you be staying?

Andy

themyers
    Free Member

hi – i will be in lower brails, but not up until sunday arvo but thanks all the same andy

i will take a look at the OS imp, just wondered if there was anything cheeky about:)

pedalhead
    Free Member

Chilterns are an easy drive down the M40 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

My mountain biking teeth were cut hacking throught the muddy bridleways of north Oxfordshire.

Save your time, and head straight to the Falkland Arms at Great Tew. One the country’s finest pubs 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pedalhead… you ride the Chilterns quite a bit… can you advise on any decent routes? Ta.

andywill

I could put together a gps route for you, if you like, with the best of the area. Just let me know many miles you would like.
    Andy

pedalhead
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Pedalhead… you ride the Chilterns quite a bit… can you advise on any decent routes? Ta.

sure, drop me an email

themyers
    Free Member

andywill, that sounds great – i am with the rest of the fam so time will be tight so I reckon between 60 and 90mins?:)

andywill

Send me an email & I will email you one back probably later tonight.
    Andy at williams dash net dot co dot uk
    Andy

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

TSY I ride with PEdalhead regularly (or until recently did but he’s not training for TdD) so I have some routes too. if you fancy coming along at some point drop me an e-mail (in profile).

themyers
    Free Member

thanks andywill:)

also if i was gonna head to the chilterns where should I go? also anywhere else near by worth going to?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Loads of places in the Chilterns. What day were you planning on riding? our lot go out at least Tuesdays and Thursdays could hook you up with someone if you wanted to get shown around. Park at Watlington and can find 6/7 hours riding from there.

simonb
    Free Member

Yeah, Watlington is about 35/40mins from Banbury. Go there regulary from Banbury as soo much riding there. Cotswolds is another option Snowshill near Moreton-in-Marsh is not far either (35mins drive). Local routes are not terribly exciting as not much singletrack.

themyers
    Free Member

not sure when i will go out exactly but good to know roughly so thanks:) as time will be precious i may just have to make do with what is local i.e. upper brailes and the hill – will take another look at the OS

Danno72
    Free Member

Hi Simonb
    When you heading to Watlington again? Would be keen to hook up for a ride again and experience some of this Chiltern singletrack.

PePPeR

What a local thread! I live down in Fenny Compton, under the Burton Dassett hills, and grew up in Great Tew! I agree about the Falkland Arms being a fantastic pub!

There used to be a ride out from Kineton on Wednesday evenings, but I’m not sure if it still goes out, they used to ride all over the place on and off road.

Danno72
    Free Member

Keen to hook up with anyone to show me around the Chilterns please. Or local loops close to Banbury. I know/do a few between Banbury and Brackley but always up for some new ones.

Danno72
    Free Member

I could put together a gps route for you, if you like, with the best of the area. Just let me know many miles you would like.
    Andy

Any chance I could get one of these please Andy?
    Thanks
    Dan

Trimix
    Free Member

Danno72, most weekends (apart from when we are in Wales/France/Cannock/Wendover etc) we are riding the Chilterns. I live a couple of miles from Great Tew where there are some good bits, but I tend only to ride locally when Ive got just an hour or two spare.

Otherwise I head down to the Chilterns.

Drop us an email (in profile) I can either show you or send you some routes locally or in the Chilterns.

mapu
    Free Member

It’s single file only with Trimix and his 800mm bars, mind…conversation impossible. 😉

simonb
    Free Member

Dan, Just email me or Trimix for when we are doing some Chilterns rides. A few of us ride most weekends there but not the next two weekends as its Wales and Bristol Bikefest time!

Danno72
    Free Member

Nice one Simon. Cheers

ps44
    Free Member

A local thread indeed. I live in Oxhill and ride with mates from here and Tysoe. There’s a few cheeky runs around Edge Hill, and loads of decent trails – especially in this ultra dry weather.
    We normally go the Cotswolds when we need a change of scenery.

Danno72
    Free Member

A local thread indeed. I live in Oxhill and ride with mates from here and Tysoe. There’s a few cheeky runs around Edge Hill, and loads of decent trails – especially in this ultra dry weather.
    We normally go the Cotswolds when we need a change of scenery.

Any chance of a tag along?

themyers
    Free Member

ps44 – that is right nearby where i will be! – do you mind elaborating a bit unless they are uber secret:)

PePPeR

There is a lovely bit of bridleway across the top of Edgehill, but I think the rest is all trails of the cheeky type!

Most of our bridleways around here are field edge, it makes we wonder why we have so many horse owners round here when the trails are so boring…

I usually end up travelling, Cannock, Wyre forest, Woburn, and the Chilterns all get visited regularly.

Trimix
    Free Member

Get an OS map and check out Edge Hill. Some is cheeky, but your unlikely to meet anyone weekdays or evenings. Its worth an hour or so of exploring, plenty to ride and explore along the hill. Then you can end up at the pub when your knackered.

redhorse

ps44 – How often do you ride from Tysoe? If you didn’t mind I might tag along sometime?

andywill

Any chance I could get one of these please Andy?
    Thanks
    Dan

Dan,I can put together a couple of routes for you but I live in Shipston which is about 15 miles west of Banbury, so I think my knowledge of tracks is some way from you. We do ride out towards Banbury on occasions, so do know the area. Email me if you still want a route or 2. Andy at williams dash net dot co dot uk.

ps44
    Free Member

bump
    sorry, forgot about this thread
    we ride at all sorts of times, but try to get a regular Tuesday night at 6 starting from Tysoe church and ending at Whatcote/Oxhill/Shenington/Castle pub depending on route

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Trails nr. Banbury in Oxforshire?’ is closed to new replies.