Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • 'Traffic Cops' on BBC1 just now… (Not OT)
  • andyl46
    Free Member

Compare and contrast reactions now you’ve seen what happened!

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/700-fine-for-brighton-cyclist

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I watched it and he got what he deserved. I commute every day on the roads and obey traffic laws – he was drunk, cycling very badly, jumped a red light, and was instantly aggressive. I would have nicked his bike and crushed it like someone in a car who have 👿

foxyrider
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00v8lys/Traffic_Cops_Wheels_of_Fortune/

Skip to 42 mins 15 seconds – they make your decision on that 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You think that’s bad? Christ, you should see me when I get going with the Babylonians! 😀

That bloke was a bit of a t1t, and those coppers were being nice for the cameras (as they always are on these shows). But what a waste of time. Still, the treasury gets a few quid to go towards paying for the courts and that I spose.

I’ve had coppers pull me over and be absolute arseholes. I once had 8 coppers (3 cars too) surround me for hopping onto a kerb and rolling towards a bike stand on an empty bit of pavement near St Pauls. One got all Cartman on me, but I just laughed at him. Eventually they all buggered off ‘cos they couldn’t take any more of my gob! Winner.

Works both ways. I’ve seen the arsey jumped up ‘Little Hitler’ side of the police many times. Talk down to you like you’re a kid. I’ve told them to have more respect for me; addressed one fat ****t as ‘sonny’ the whole time he was gabbing on at me. He din’t like that, but then maybe he should’ve started off by being a bit more polite than shouting out ‘Oi!’ to me (I’d shouted at him to watch where he was going, when he indicted right but then turned left, causing me to have to brake suddenly to avoid hitting him). I treat the police with no more respect than any other public servant, and if they don’t treat me with due respect, they’ll get none in return.

Those coppers seemed more than reasonable with that bloke, but din’t that Black copper have a funny shaped head or what?? 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Racist!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No but he did though!

Nothing to do with his race. I as merely pointing out his colour, to distinguish him from the White copper.

But you knew that anyway, and just want to call me a racist.

Which makes you a racist.

foxyrider
    Free Member

buggered off ‘cos they couldn’t take any more of my gob! Winner.

Hmm – Why be gobby – just say oops – yes I shouldn’t ride on the pavement govner. Yes there are some knobby coppers out there as there are knobby cyclists ?

don’t treat me with due respect, they’ll get none in return.

This is true however 🙂 Unless you don’t care about flouting the law?

The person who had a funny shaped head did have a funny shaped head didn’t he 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hmm – Why be gobby

You haven’t met him have you? He’s just a (racist) gob on legs, basically. It’s what he was born for, his reason d’etre, the very core of his being and also his main hobby……

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I apologised, said ‘yep, sorry about that’, though that was it. Then this one pompous arse starts giving me the third degree. I just said ‘yeah whatever mate’ and went to walk away, then it all went silly. He called for backup, within 30 seconds there was a whole mob of them, wondering what on earth was going on.

He could’ve just gave me a ticket, but instead he had to bang on about why I shouldn’t ride on pavements etc. Like I was even listening. I was waving to tourists on the open-topped bus who were taking pictures of us! 😆

Even one of the WPCs was struggling not to laugh.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He’s just a (racist) gob on legs, basically. It’s what he was born for, his reason d’etre, the very core of his being and also his main hobby……

😆

Ha ha! Brilliant. It’s funny, because it’s true!!* That’s set me up for the rest of the day, that has. Nice one Peter!

(*Apart from the ‘racist’ bit. I’m not a racist, but Peter is)

The person who had a funny shaped head did have a funny shaped head didn’t he

He did though, din’t he?

scaredypants

from andy146’s linked thread

Herr Poddy: And yet, drive banned, with no tax or insurance, and get fined £200 or so…..

Wrong again, PP – waaaaay less 🙁

that copper should be disciplined for being so kack

(and the other one too – for having a funny head)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

drive banned with no insurance yo will have your car scrapped, you stand a fair chance of jail.

Tens of thousands of care removed from the roads like this every year IIRC.

ANPR combined with teh power to seize cars has made this much harder to get away with for any length of time

foxyrider
    Free Member

Now if I posted a screencap of the man with the funny shaped head would I get banned for being shapist or racist or both?

DrP

He’s just a (racist) gob on legs, basically. It’s what he was born for, his reason d’etre, the very core of his being and also his main hobby……

Brilliant, just brilliant!

(Love you really Elf!)

DrP

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Now if I posted a screencap of the man with the funny shaped head would I get banned for being shapist or racist or both?

I don’t think it’s really necessary. I merely commented that he had an unusually shaped head, I don’t think a pic would help as it would possibly show him up for ridicule, which I don’t think he deserves. I was merely pointing this out from an anatomical point of view, not to insult or belittle that individual.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Of course I just wanted to see if the general consensus was that he had a funny shaped head not just us two 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No don’t it’s not kind. Wish I hadn’t mentioned it now really. 😥

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘'Traffic Cops' on BBC1 just now… (Not OT)’ is closed to new replies.