Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Top 'Frozen Planet' moments…
  • noteeth
    Free Member

I know it’s not finished yet, and the final, uuh, UnAmerican episode is yet to be shown – but let’s be having some of the best moments:

1. Epic bison versus she-wolf battle, with the overhead tracking shot of both exhausted animals lying down in the snow. Jack London couldn’t have written a more powerful scene.

2. Shards(?) of ice floating up from the seafloor, carrying various trapped invertebrates – an extraordinary vision, among many.

3. Danish Special Forces dog team camped out beneath the aurora borealis – when I grow up, I want to be… 🙂

Outstanding series – they raised the bar, again. Gawd bless Sir DA.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I wonder exactly how much input DA has into those programmes other than appearing in them once or twice and narrating them.

But yes – Danish Special forces thing would be an epic job.

noteeth
    Free Member

I wonder exactly how much input DA has

Doesn’t matter what technical input he has, imo – just as long as he gets to narrate ’em!

Congratulations to all involved, obviously.

Creg

I really enjoy the the “freeze frame” segments, especially the whales and the penguin ones (emperors and adelis (sp?))

cheers_drive

Many great moments but my fav was with the adeli penguin nicking it’s neighbours stone. OK, not the most stunning but was very amusing.
    The most sinister was the orcas wave attacking the seal, just when you thought it may of escaped the wales slowly rose out of the water , grabbed the seal and slowly took it under.

anto164
    Free Member

All of it, when watching in HD.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Best comic moment was a young specimen of some kind of semi-flightless seabird, clearly more evolved for swimming than flight, taking a header off the cliff it was reared on, heading for the water, missing by quite a few yards, and eventually bouncing in. The next got snaffled by an Arctic fox. The third got a perfect ten.

But I agree, absolutely epic TV. A work of art.

Lifer
    Free Member

The wolf/bison fight was exhausting to watch!

alpin
    Free Member

haven’t seen any of them as yet, but it’s bound to be great.

here in germany TV is generally shit. when there is a decent natural history program on TV it turns out 95% of the time it is courtesy of the BBC.

but seeing as i don’t have a TV(due to shit programming) i’ll have to wait until the episodes appear on youtube.

on that note…. why doesn’t the BBC have a pay-per-view service on i-player for those outside of the UK? i’m sure they’d be quids in if they did…

going to watch Human Planet this evening. (courtesy of peteava.ro). yay for the BBC!

highclimber
    Free Member

The brinicle was pretty stunning but for entertainment value it has to be that thieving penguin!

wallop

This

1. Epic bison versus she-wolf battle, with the overhead tracking shot of both exhausted animals lying down in the snow. Jack London couldn’t have written a more powerful scene.

and this

The most sinister was the orcas wave attacking the seal, just when you thought it may of escaped the wales slowly rose out of the water , grabbed the seal and slowly took it under.

made me cry quite a lot (though not as much as the Rex thread did last night).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Top 'Frozen Planet' moments…’ is closed to new replies.