Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Too much tea?
  • highclimber
    Free Member

How much tea (or coffee) do you guys drink? I am currently on my 3rd cup of Yorkshire’s finest and i’ll probably have another 1 or 2 before bed.

Am i drinking too much of it do you think? I know that tea is purported to have certain health benefits but I suspect the way I take it (semi-skimmed milky, no sugar) outweighs any of these, whatever they may be.

So, what’s your tally, how do you take it and do you worry you might be drinking too much of it?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I probably have about ten cups a day. Leaves staight in the cup for maximum strength, splash of milk, no sugar. The kettle is always on the AGA, so pretty much every time I come into the kitchen.

wwaswas

I have a pint mug and generally have 3 or 4 of these a day – no sugar, a dash of semi-skimmed milk (I like really dark tea).

Plus a couple of coffee’s from the nespresso machine.

highclimber
    Free Member

I’ve tried having my tea black but I find it too bitter so have to add sugar to enjoy it so i prefer just the milk (lesser of two evils?)

jota180
    Free Member

If I’m at home, I have at least 4 very big mugs [twice the size of normal mugs] before 9am
    I guess another 10 or 12 throughout the day

If I’m away, I don’t bother

binners

Just had my tenth or eleventh coffee of the day. Going to the pub now for some proper liquid intake 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Circa 12 per day if I’m in the office, fewer if I am out and about.
    Used to drink same amount of fully leaded coffee from a filter pot – was doing the wall of death round the office most of the day.
    Swapping to tea seems to have calmed me down quite a bit.

highclimber
    Free Member

so it would appear currently that I am below the STW average for cups of tea.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I normally have between 8 – 15 mugs of tea a day. I’d probably find it easier losing weight if I cut down a bit. :/

nuke

5 or 6 in this per day…

freddyg
    Free Member

10 to 15 a day. Orange. No sugar.

If you find black tea too bitter/harsh don’t make it so strong.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I tend to drink maybe 5 or 6 coffee’s in the morning then switch to cold drinks in the afternoon.

Rarely drink tea these days although occasionally will do for a change.

miketually
    Free Member

Depends how many lessons I’m teaching, or if I’m working at home, but I pretty much constantly have a mug of tea or coffee on the go all day. I start weekend days with a 3 mug caffetiere of coffee.

ahwiles
    Free Member

I’ve tried having my tea black but I find it too bitter so have to add sugar to enjoy it so i prefer just the milk (lesser of two evils?)

try this?

use hot water, not boiling water – fill a mug.

drop in a teabag – leave it for 20 seconds*.

2 or 3* good dunks.

done.

(*experiment)

milk in tea is just weird.

chiefgrooveguru

20 seconds of brewing?!! That isn’t tea, that’s just beige coloured water.

miketually
    Free Member

Needs three minutes. In a pot.

Always in a pot.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pint mug,2 teabags,3 sugars.
    Left to marinade for 5 minutes.
    About 4 or 5 times a day.

Cougar

Leaves staight in the cup

Yay! I’m not the only one, then.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Leaves staight in the cup

Yay! I’m not the only one, then.

Your spelling (or at least eyesight to correct sloppy typing) may be better than mine too.

ahwiles
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – Member

miketually – Member

Needs three minutes. In a pot.

milk drinkers i bet.

have you tried ‘3minute tea’ without milk? – horrible stuff.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Tea without milk is like bread without flour!!!

(gotta be full fat too…)

CHB

2 or 3 coffees in the morning. Yorkshire Gold with a slice of lemon and no sugar in the afternoon.

breadcrumb

One mug of coffee in the morning then a brew at night, sometimes.

philconsequence
    Free Member

why not negate the horrible iDiet consequences of milk b riding to get the milk?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Tea without milk is like bread without flour!!!

(gotta be full fat too…)

+1

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

10-15 cups a day here.

It’s good for you anyway, there’s antioxi-whatits in it apparently.

yunki
    Free Member

a doctor once told me that tea was contributing to my feeling of ill health..
    what an idiot..!!

I stopped drinking tea for a couple of years on the advice of that charlatan.. they were without doubt the worst years of my life.. everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong, and all the time with me like a scared 3 year old child trapped in an adult world..

as soon as I started drinking tea again everything instantly levelled out and my fortunes changed for the better..
    each cup further enriched my life until finally I transcended this earthly plain and discovered all that is good and peaceful and right in the universe.. a joyous all encompassing light that opened my soul and heart to all of the love and happiness that is..

(I think this enlightenment did something to my tea receptors though, cos these days if I hit more than about 10 cups in a day I tend towards staying up past bedtime)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Wow how relieved am I? I actually was made to feel bad by folk in my office because of the amount of tea I quaff.
    For me its one strong brew before leaving for work followed by a coffee, both just skimmed milk and no sugar.
    Get to work and if we are in the office an average of 10 mugs till I leave work get home another couple of mugs before dinner and then another 5 during the evening.
    For the record black tea-boiling water brew for 6 minutes (these 20 second brewers are just drinking the caramel from the leaves).
    Green tea water at 85C steep for 2 minutes.
    Oh bugger just looked at me mug and some swine has drank all the tea while I wasnt looking so off to make another……

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

jeez you guys drink a lot – you must spend all day p!ss!ng too.

maybe it’s because I work in cleanrooms but I only drink 6 normal cups of tea / coffee per day and a 750ml water bottle

chewkw
    Free Member

LOL @ number of cups of tea drank …

If I drink tea it would be minimum 1 litre tea pot by myself … yes you heard me right 1 (one) litre. In this one litre I will put 4 – 5 large tea spoon of the very strong Assam loose tea leaf into it. Let it brew inside and never take out until I finished my tea. Add 4 to 5 table spoon of sugar in addition to 3 table spoon of sweet condense milk …

If I drink the middle east way … same as above but using green tea with plenty of mint added into it. Oh without milk.

Sometime in a day I would drink 2 litres … 🙂

mrdestructo

Chinese gunpowder green tea (with white sugar) I virtually never drink black tea anymore since finding this.

chewkw
    Free Member

mrdestructo – Member

Chinese gunpowder green tea (with white sugar) I virtually never drink black tea anymore since finding this.

Yep! Got them which is far better than many black tea and price is cheap too.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

One litre of green tea with plenty of mint and copious amount of sugar and condensed milk – sounds delicious. I can’t imagine why it’s not more popular.

EDIT : Did you edit ?

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    One litre of green tea with plenty of mint and copious amount of sugar and condensed milk – sounds delicious. I can’t imagine why it’s not more popular.

No condensed milk or no milk at all. The middle eastern don’t use milk.

In South East Asia they use condensed milk with very strong tea.

EDIT : Did you edit ?

Yes, the middle eastern ones do not use milk …

yunki
    Free Member

10 mugs is about 5 pints fella.. which is 2.5L

you is amateur

restless
    Free Member

I have about 10-15 cups of tea per day.

But I am very particular …
    it must be made with skimmed milk and the teabag taken out as soon as the water has been poured into the cup. no sugar.

Cannot stand strong tea.

therag
    Free Member

Was a milky tea, no sugar drinker. Only discovered coffee about three months ago and Now taking in two large lattes and 5-8 coffees with one sugar and milk per day

chewkw
    Free Member

yunki – Member

10 mugs is about 5 pints fella.. which is 2.5L

you is amateur

OP did not say mugs but cups so you is a nancy boy … I drink by 1 litre teapot … 😆

Cup … made of glass just like mine. 😆

Mug …

bwaarp
    Free Member

Green tea? Eugh

You bunch of dirty hippies…..*slams the door*….

yunki
    Free Member

teacups are what elderly ladies drink from..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Too much tea?’ is closed to new replies.