Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Told you Phat Bikes were just a Phad
  • Houns

Of course those who have jumped on the Phat bike Phad bandwagon will state that you must have a a tractor wheeled ego chariot to ride on a beach.
    Here’s me disproving them with tyres more than 4 times narrowererer than Phat

And in case you think I’ve found a salt flat, here’s the same pic but from other angle

So, to sum up, unless you plan to ride the Sahara or Iditarod then Phat bikes are totally unnecessary in this country :FACT:

😛

69er
    Free Member

What you will need is wet sand in the desert….. 😉

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Well done. Seriously.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wishes he was hip enough to know WTF you are on about

Mantastic
    Free Member

Interesting observation, if you ever rode one you may well find they are just as good fun in the forests. Certainly not just for beaches. Still prefer riding my pugsley than the orange 5 on the singletrack.

Never understood the haters on here, surely they are just bikes and we as a community of riders such embrace all things that can be ridden. Or should I be more narrowed minded and dismiss all things slightly different.

Looks nice place to ride, you should of had a fatbike along so you could compare the differences in the ride on the beach to do a fair comparison.

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Houns hates everything on STW, don’t worry about it.

Mantastic
    Free Member

I don’t worry about it believe me.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

STW : 🙄

You don’t need anything more than a rigid singlespeed in the UK, 😉

Houns

I’ve caught me one…l 😀

Rickos
    Free Member

Houns – looks like you caught a couple there.
    Anyway, where is that? Not many beaches around Kiddy.

Houns

In Welsh Wales, Barmouth ( Wolverhampton one sea) to be precise

Mantastic
    Free Member

Yep not many beaches round kiddy, but the wyre is fun on a fatty. Try it you might like it

deluded
    Free Member

And in case you think I’ve found a salt flat, here’s the same pic but from other angle

That’s obvious bollox. The shadows don’t add up (much like the lunar hoaxes), the sand granulation is different (based on the Krumbein phi scale) and there are footprints in the second picture.

Houns

There are 2 foot prints in the first pic and the glove is in the same position 🙂

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Before you feel too smug – I’d be careful with that Voodoo Limba frame..

The downtube tends to snap clean in two around the dt shifter mount… mine went with a pop on a road ride

That’s why the new ones have the curved downtubes

In all seriousness

Houns

Nixon…. I have insider knowledge 😉

Mantastic
    Free Member

Houns, you a blakedown man?

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

I’m sure it didnt help having big wide juddery canti’s on mine .. i see you have a disc – a better idea! 💡

Houns

I was blakedown,now Stourbridge

Yeah the fork judder was bad, popped a disc on as soon as I could. Your old frame may have been the one I spotted chopped up for testing/inspection

julianwilson
    Free Member

I was recently chatting with a local about his mukkluk, who said his is of course slow, but quite hilarious to play about with on tarmac too. Really unique (as in wierd but fun) handling he said, and running his own bike shop I expect his opinion of ‘unique’ is based upon a few more bikes than mine is.

I still wouldn’t buy one though, it is near the bottom of the phantasy bike shed list behind the tourer, cx, racey road bike, cargo bike, bmx/dirt jump bike and 29er hardtail first.

sofaking
    Free Member

most types of bikes aren’t necessary, they are fun and if you think you can have anywhere near as much fun on that piece of tat as you can on a fatbike then good luck to you :mrgreen: 😉 😈 😛 😆 8) 😮 😀 🙂

Houns

😆

Drac

I hope you weren’t wearing Merino that would just top it right off.

Houns

At least I wasn’t wearing a cotton t shirt

grum
    Free Member

Never understood the haters on here, surely they are just bikes and we as a community of riders such embrace all things that can be ridden. Or should I be more narrowed minded and dismiss all things slightly different.

Hmmm, I think it’s mostly just the smugness and self-congratulation of some of the people who ride them that gets hated on tbh. I’m well up for live and let live etc but for some people part of the point of a fatbike seems to be to define themselves as being different from/superior to the plebs who ride mainstream brand full suss bikes at trail centres.

druidh
    Free Member

Think it’s bad now? Just wait a few months until the On One Fatbike arrives.
    STW will implode.

Houns

All the latest phat bike group ride photo I’ve seen just involves the riders standing around talking about how awesome/niche they are….hey druidh? 😛

sofaking
    Free Member

but for some people part of the point of a fatbike seems to be to define themselves as being different from/superior to the plebs who ride mainstream brand full suss bikes at trail centres.

damn we’ve been rumbled. on to the next fad
    and its not part of the point , its the whole point

druidh
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    All the latest phat bike group ride photo I’ve seen just involves the riders standing around talking about how awesome/niche they are….hey druidh?

Rolling Thunder…

(I’m away in the distance somewhere…….)

singlespeedstu

Those cross tyres look quite phat to me.

Should’ve done it on a road bike.

being different from/superior to the plebs who ride mainstream brand full suss bikes at trail centres.

I know what you mean.

It’s written all over this c***s face.

20120407_123540 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

How dare he smile while on a bike.

See this one isn’t smiling as much because she doesn’t have a rear attentionwheel.

20120407_123625 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

Though TBF she was smiling more than most of the mainstreamers going round CYB the day before. 8)

That’s sciencefact that the fatterer the tyres the more you smile. 😀

Same beach BTW Houns. 8)

Houns

Thought so

I was thinking, could you ride up the estuary?

You’d be even furtherer in the distance druidh if you had thinner tyres 😛

singlespeedstu

Yes you can ride up the estuary.

There’s a cycle path all the way along. 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Houns – the reason I was away in the distance is that while I was riding, everyone else was standing about chatting about fatbikes….

grum
    Free Member

I know what you mean.

😀

sofaking
    Free Member

I hope I never meet that smug git in scotland or anywhere else for that matter. I think I would just ignore him

Houns

Thems the circles you ride with now druidh

Ssstu *facepalm* you know what I mean…..You should Try riding up it at full tide 😡

singlespeedstu

Me too.

It’d be terrible if he were to be on the next camping pitch to you wouldn’t it.

Mind you it’d be even worserer if a camper was to stop next to me with one of those fat contraptions on the back of it.

druidh
    Free Member

Riding your bike is so, like, 2011.

It’s all about proper phlotation now!!

Houns

Lol @ phlotation!

I’d love to give that a go, as long as the water is no more than waist deep

Houns

Mind you druidh, a pedalo is the obvious next step for you

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Told you Phat Bikes were just a Phad’ is closed to new replies.