Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Todays wet,cold & windy Qs ride(pics)
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Another lobvely ride on the Quantocks today . Started off with rain , then got cold and the wind picked up. Rode a simple route im planning to show to a few chums soon. Cream tea stop at the Chantry in Kilve too. Oh yeah bedding in some new shorts today too. Comments ?

Note … gloves drying on the tea pots !

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That looks very nice conditions compared to up here. Go out round here and you end up plastered in mud.

wallop

You got the jam and the cream the wrong way round.

wallop

Looks lovely though 😆

Anna-B
    Free Member

Knottie have just noticed seeing the shorts pic bigger – you’ve gone “camo” like the funky oldfart 😉

fairhurst
    Free Member

Ahhh tea and scones my favourite 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Wallop +1

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Oooh how do rate the Chantry as a mid-ride munch stop (I never really got over the loss of Stella’s)?

ART

Nice shorts! Liking the ickle foals more though 😉

singlecrack
    Free Member

Did you do Weacombe ..? Is the carcass of a bear still there ???

Oh and cream then jam ……!!!! *runs away*

Anna-B
    Free Member

That ickle foal up there didn’t last long did it? Must’ve been the horror of seeing jam on cream on a scone 😉

tony24
    Free Member

Rode brechfa today serously wet but fun factor was amazing no after ride cake for me though as the only thing brechfa has is a porta loo lol.

Bucko

I really need to get out on the Quantocks more, especially as my sister has recently moved to Cothelstone.

When Cornish people have breakfast do they put the jam on their toast before the butter?

singlecrack
    Free Member

But it’s not butter ……

ashfanman
    Free Member

When Cornish people have breakfast do they put the jam on their toast before the butter?

EXACTLY. Cream first, jam second.

OP – Looks like a good day out.

knottie8
    Free Member

The Chantry is ok but difficult to sort a route back to the hills without mega climbs. Much cheaper than the Combe hotel tho. As for the shorts , they aint water proof ! But ok other than that.

leec247
    Free Member

Making me feel well jealous lying on my sofa with my knee in a brace roll on getting back on my bike and hitting the q’s hard again

knottie8
    Free Member

a close up of that cream tea !

wallop

Yep, the jam and cream are still the wrong way round 😆

Dibbs
    Free Member

It was lovely up there this evening, not a drop of rain, and as for them Cornish heathens, what do they know about propper Devon cream tea’s anyone with any sense knows its cream first then jam, next they’ll be saying that Roddas cream isn’t greasy (horrible stuff very poor imitation of real Devon clotted cream) 🙂

h4muf
    Free Member

Bit grim in Derbyshire this morning…

WP_001292 by h4muf, on Flickr

WP_001296 by h4muf, on Flickr

It never stopped raining for 52miles!

Clover

It’s that darn drought again… 😉

Shorty121
    Free Member

h4muf – where is that?

DJ
    Free Member

Had a cracking ride on the Q’s on Sunday, 11 of us. Went down towards the Cockercombe area (not downhilling) and couldn’t believe how churned up it was from all the forestry work going on!

h4muf
    Free Member

Shorty.

1st one is Holymoorside.

2nd one is at Baslow.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Todays wet,cold & windy Qs ride(pics)’ is closed to new replies.