Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Today was a good day for a ride.
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There is no other point to this thread.

A real ‘Mint Sauce’ ride for me this morning. I saw summer and she was beautiful.

davosaurusrex

Doesn’t need to be a point, best sort of threads. Good work!

LMT
    Free Member

Wish I went biking today, massively missed opportunity!!

Tracey

Excellent day for riding, spent most of it in Wharncliffe then met Abigale over in Greno for the pub run. Got back home and did another 12k with the dog

burglarboycie
    Free Member

I know I missed a proper belter!!! I don t have a ride-able bike atm admittedly. I really enjoyed a morning powdering clay pigeons though!!!! Makes a change
    James

mtbtom
    Free Member

@Scienceofficer – where is that ride? Lovely scenery.

amedias
    Free Member

ah, a gloating thread, I’m in!

Dartmoor Bivi trip on friday night after work

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pic 3 – looks like the Masai Mara!!

I’m out in an hour – revision supervision permitting

Earl
    Free Member

Out the door at 6am – back in just before 9am.

Love summer mornings.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Just had a nice ride at Whinlatter. Now lazing around having a few beers. All is good in the world.

davosaurusrex

Worked all weekend and also went camping with the kids last night, shattered. Might have to do a quick 45 minute lap on the road bike over the downs that takes in a 45mph descent when the kids are in bed though

Klunk
    Free Member

nothing exotic 3.5 half hours in the east midland sunshine follow by roast gammon and a lovely bottle of chianti 🙂

brooess
    Free Member

Yesterday was also a good day, so I did. MTB Saturday, road Sunday. Can’t think of a better way to spend a sunny weekend 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Best ride of the year today – 60 miles on the road bike up through Chatsworth before it got busy on the roads, nice cake stop at the newly extended Cromford Wharf café watching tourists catch the canal boat in the sunshine, having a laugh with the woman next to me who was having a go at all the cyclists bottoms she’d seen on the drive up….

Candodavid
    Free Member

Finest Mendip Alps. Good work Scienceofficer

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

As Candodavid says, it’s the Mendips. The first two are on Burrington Ham cheek, and pic 3 is the lesser used northern face of the ridge. Perspective skews the photo, is about a 20% gradient in the foreground, so rather than a big plain stretching out into the distance, it drops one faster and faster into a steep loose and tight limestone Combe.

TiRed

Two hours on the turbo in the garden. Not the ride I would have liked, but a ride is a ride 🙂

nach
    Free Member

Yeah, a proper Mint Sauce day over in Tod too.

Sandwich

A spritely 50 miles on the road today at a relaxed pace. There were Alpaca at coffee stop 1, bacon and eggs were consumed at stop 2. I tore the legs off my mate (not saying much but he’s ridden less than me his year). Roast chicken and Portland craft IPA beer for dinner. A grand day out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was rather lovely in that there Hampshire as well.

chambord
    Free Member

Didn’t take any good photos, but it was indeed a beautiful day.

hjghg5
    Free Member

75 miles on the roadie. Lovely.

superstu
    Free Member

Too stupid to upload photos but found some brilliant bridleway close to home. So hot you could feel the heat coming off the earth. Loved it, best ride of the year

dknwhy

This weekend has been excellent. My 8 year old son has not really been interested in cycling.
    Over half term we got him riding but yesterday he finally mastered starting and stopping and then today we went on a 3.5 mile ride around the park and he’s hooked!I think it’s finally clicked with him and he’s so excited to have his freedom.
    I’m so pleased and proud of him. Feels like the beginning of a new chapter in family life…

Cowman

Summer evenings. Gods gift to those who mountain bike. Only 45 min from door to door but its set me up for the week.

Dusty trails, nothing but the whur of components finely tuned together, the lushest of greens and the adrenaline of the decent.

All is good.

Is that at the top of Coombs Road looking down towards Bakewell chambord?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/u1MGtR]20150607_152139[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/u1MEYr]20150607_152156[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/u1E4Xj]20150607_155055[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uhQNzE]20150607_155111[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uhQMGN]20150607_155123[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uiqhPi]20150607_161411[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/u1MyX8]20150607_163911[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

P-Jay
    Free Member

Blissful day riding Afan solo, hoping to get out Tuesday evening.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Fantastic conditions on Cutgate too , so dry and dusty , shame about the flat and off ! , will try again Tuesday

Alex

Some lovely pictures there. Summer has definitely arrived. Stupidly I forgot my camera today. Had a brilliant ride in the FOD and YAT. Warm, dusty, grippy and ending with beer.

The only photo I took was this one when I got home.

I’ll not be running up any stairs tonight 😉

chambord
    Free Member

Is that at the top of Coombs Road looking down towards Bakewell chambord?

Park Ln according to Google (I don’t know the area, my first ride there today), however it is about 30m from Coombs Rd so I’ll give you the point.

Absolutely beautiful place, you are lucky to live there 🙂

EDIT: And fair play Alex you deserve at least one beer for that effort.

tinribz
    Free Member

Long afternoon on the road bike over the Howardian Hills. Perfect weather.

Absolutely beautiful place, you are lucky to live there

Aye, it’s not too shabby 😉

If you click on my first pic, it’ll come up on Flickr – look at the dark patch of trees on the rh side of the pic – as you move left and they slope down, you were just in the dip there. I was there 45 mins after taking that – met a few others doing the 5 Dales.

I wasn’t, I was just doing this loop from home

Northwood, Beeley, Chatsworth, Rowsley

mrhoppy

Yesterday, on the otherhand, was shit.

mcnultycop

Just local on Saturday on the HT was fun.

I did a short but fun ride from Hollingworth Lake. The descent into Summit on the PBW has eroded since I last rode it, and it is nicely techy now.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Excellent day for riding, spent most of it in Wharncliffe

I’ve ridden Warncliffe quite a bit but have no idea where that is. The only bits I’ve ever ridden are steep, rooty bike and body breaking tracks!

Had a quick 25 mile spin round Swinely and a few other trails on Friday evening then no riding for me this weekend.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Today was a good day for a ride.’ is closed to new replies.