Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Today I did 100k on this :)
  • onandon
    Free Member

I built a dahon super commuter to get around the city while I’m here for the next few weeks

Anyway, on Monday I did 60k so today I though I’d go for the century 🙂 (The route was from my flat to morges and back)

I’m building up to do the whole 110 miles around the lake in the next couple of weeks – not sure how much extra energy I’m using buy riding this thing instead of a road bike. Hey oh, this is all I have with me so it’ll have to do.

My goal was a 15 mph average – not too far off, so I’m pleased 🙂

VanMan
    Free Member

Chapeau!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Good work!!

joeelston
    Free Member

What app is that you’re using?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Orsumz!

Oddly enough, I found myself thinking as I bimbled along on my Brompton this morning, I wonder if I could/should do a properly long ride on this one day!

onandon
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I’m quite chuffed. It’s been a few years since I’ve put in some distance rides.
    I usually do 25 miles 4/5 times a week on the mountain bikes but this takes a totally different mentality.

The app is endomondo pro – it’s the paid for version but the free download is just a good for most things.

EDIT – these little bikes are bloody comfy but but don’t let that fool you into a big ride (unless you get totally bored or are slightly loopy)

samuri
    Free Member

Very good.

Its endomondo.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I keep having similar thoughts with my commuter… maybe one day…

onandon
    Free Member

Yer do it 🙂
    The 110 miler is going to be painful but I’ll feel like a legend – it’s one hell of a thing to achieve.

acehtn
    Free Member

Quality size mushrooms there 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

on_and_on – that’s hysterical.

Not really biking weather though at the moment. My mate lives in Nyon, I’ll send him your photo so he can look out for you ! (btw he says the ride around the lake is a bit dull and hard work)

You might try to climb to St Cergue and ride back down the trail off road 8) South side of Lake, Nernier and Yvoire are worth a visit. You can get a boat to/from Nyon if you want a different loop.

greeble
    Free Member

well done have a cookie

motorman
    Free Member

Well done for a big ride on a silly bike with wee wheels.

I did a 100K + ride on sunday on a silly bike with big wheels, although it took a bit longer 😉

onandon
    Free Member

A pic from the ride today
    A Ferrari F40 LM and a pair of fiat 500s 🙂

The ferry to nyon isn’t a bad idea. I’ll have to consider that and any other routes you could suggest.
    The lake ride does look pretty hard work from what I’ve seen. I guess the anti clockwise direction would be best so I c an get the train back if I need to bail at the top or on the Swiss side.

No willy waving intended – it’s all riding and just a bit of a challenge 🙂

All the best guys

flap_jack
    Free Member

I did Lausanne to Martigny a couple of years ago, I found Lausanne to be one of the most unpleasant places I’ve ever cycled in. Good luck !

scotroutes

I was at Cape Wrath a few years back and a guy arrived from Lands End, complete with luggage. I think it had taken him two weeks.

epicyclo

Well done on and on 🙂

I’ve done a few centuries on small wheel bikes. Most people underestimate them.

The first was on a Dahon Boardwalk, just to see if it was possible. My memory of that ride is that unyielding seatpost turned the rest of the ride into posterior hell after about 70 miles, but that was on rough roads in the north of Queensland.

It was much more comfortable when I did a century on my Dahon Hammerhead which has a suspension fork and a Thudbuster.

The nice thing about a folding bike is that piking out is always an option. Just tuck it under your arm and get the bus/train home, or cadge a lift. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Today I did 100k on this :)’ is closed to new replies.