Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • To the utter twunt riding a Turner at Cannock today….
  • studuck
    Free Member

…you were riding with your mate on a Ti Cove hardtail and were incapable of riding the small steep drop at the end of the Dog. There were a handful of riders around who were clearly struggling with the obstacle and you showed no consideration for them, blamed them for your skill deficiency and then muttered “f***ing wa**ers” as you rode off.It was a nice, sunny day at Cannock and therefore busy. If you don’t like coming across slower riders and can’t handle the (limited) difficulties on that trail on your over-specced skill-compensator (BTW I also ride a Turner) then ride somewhere else.

You are a prize buffoon. End of rant

st

Fair play Stu. Good ride otherwise? Mel was testing a clown bike i see??

colournoise

Don’t know Cannock. Anyone got a photo/video of said obstacle?

Just curious like.

slainte ❓ rob

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

There are **** in every walk of life and hobby. Dont take it personal like.

defydude
    Free Member

Why not be less of a pussy, and tell the guy at the time?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Did you say anything to him at the time?

pitduck
    Free Member

Why not be less of a pussy, and tell the guy at the time? +1 😐

postierich
    Free Member

As above 🙄 were them handful of riders riding/pushing 29ers?

rOcKeTdOg

full moon today?

werewolf drops by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

shortcut

He can’t be that much or a twunt – you clearly couldn’t catch him to give him a piece of your mind!

wadsys
    Free Member

hmmmm, this is one thing i have noticed a lot nowadays,,,i hate riders who slag off other riders.
    i started riding way back in 89/90 when the only hassle you got was from the rambler lot, good riders would help not so good riders to improve,etc not have a go at them for there poor riding,
    the guy who was moaning should remember the saying” unless you are the best rider in the world theres some better and faster than you”
    dont let it bother you mate.. as said on this forum life is full of them…

JAG

Just back from Cannock Chase – I had a smashing day. It was sunny and the trails were dry and fast flowing.

Some of the new sections are really impressive – especially the ‘black run’ stuff on The Monkey Trail. May not be new to you guys but I don’t get to Cannock much.

There seemed to be more than the usual number of idiots (on over-spec’ced skill compensators) and slow riders but you have to accept this when you go to such a popular place. Cafe area was full of posers and ‘weekend warriors’ too 😆

scruff
    Free Member

I’m off to get us some white pointy hats, burning crosses and some good strong rope.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It wasn’t a small steep drop it was a breaking bump.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Bitching conflict at over crowded weekend warrior trail centre shocker

coogan
    Free Member

Really don’t understand these kind of posts.

snakebite
    Free Member

red Turner? probably PQ..

iDave
    Free Member

I have a pitchfork

Rorschach
    Free Member

It’s called ‘Righteous indignation by proxy’ and afflicts people with little else to fill their life.

rickmeister

Rocketdog, just scanned your pics and failed to see a drop…. other than the word on the sign… ❓

gsp1984
    Free Member

What makes people idiots for having ‘over spec’ed’ bikes exactly? I hate that mentality and it seems to be getting more and more common In every hobby/sport, Christ let them ride what they want! It’s normally by green eyed monsters too, bloody annoying though.

I ride motorbikes with a lad that rides a clapped out sv650, he runs rings around everyone. This weekend he came to Cannock (Saturday for anyone that was there and may have seen him) he came on a clapped out burgundy hybrid with no suspensio, road tyres and a headset that had more movement than my bowels after a bad curry… He still rang rings around everyone.

Live and let live.

nickc

I was riding the white Chameleon just before “the twunt” came through on the the turner. TBH you were standing on the trail on a section that needs a clear run, you and the crowd with you were an obstruction, and quite honestly you could’ve caused an accident. You got off lightly.

If you have to stop, get off the trail.

Ta.

druidh
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    I was riding the white Chameleon just before “the twunt” came through on the the turner. TBH you were standing on the trail on a section that needs a clear run, you and the crowd with you were an obstruction, and quite honestly you could’ve caused an accident.

Ah – that’s what I was imagining, but thanks for confirming it.

nickc

In fact I’ve just remembered: I had to ride through the undergrowth the other side of the drop, because you and your friends were blocking the trail the far side of it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

lol

pop-larkin
    Free Member

It is a pain there as people who stall (bottle?) there stand in the way of the line meaning you have to go in an angle and risk catching your bars on the tree on the right- 2 lads made my lad fall off there the other week which pi%%ed me off a bit tbh

spudly1979
    Free Member

You do seem to get crowds forming around werewolf drop on busy days. Tbh it’s fairly daunting if you’re not that experienced a rider – certainly I struggled with it for quite a few goes. i have to agree with nick though, it makes it loads harder if there’s a group of people standing on the entry, and nearly always on just the line I’m after!

tazzymtb

the trick is to track stand, ask them politely to move and hop down the wolfcub, thank ’em and carry on

Simon

Is this the feature causing the problem?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ_rY2a_4Wg[/video]

shortcut

When I last went to Cannock Werewolf drop surprised me. In an ‘oh my god, what was all the fuss about?’ kind of way.

Too many people, one small trail centre does not make for a harmonious experience, especially with such a range of abilities. Live and let live, get over it, people stop, tough, you ere a beginner befre you became a riding god with a Turner and quite obviously and ego. You know the trail, you can see the issue, stop, offer friendly advice and get on with your ride.

Wanna ride it quick, turn up on a Monday evening or during the week!

djglover
    Free Member

MINCE CITY

Shandy
    Free Member

They should probably tarmac that, its a hazard

coogan
    Free Member

Thats it? Looks pretty straight forward to me, but if a newbie then could be a bit scary I guess. Although everyone standing in front of it blocking is a bit daft.

gsp1984
    Free Member

The two black drops on the monkey are a little more tricky than that.

iDave
    Free Member

last time i rode down there i had to ride over some goons wheel as him and his ninja mates decided to leave their bikes all over the trail while they googled how to ride a little drop on their iPhones.

bruneep

😯

studuck
    Free Member

Actually I was standing behind a tree so not exactly in the line of descent. And I was there with the missus, who hadn’t got to the descent. No idea who the others were. And the guy on the Turner definitely wasn’t PQ – far too tall 😉

On top of that I did make a comment to the guy but he was too busy riding off muttering to himself. Did pass on feedback to his mate.

Calling people **** cos they can’t ride something si hardly the right attitude. If he was such a great rider he’d have ridden the drop without a second thought…

pop-larkin
    Free Member

As I said it is very straightforward if you can go in straight it only becomes a little twitchy at an angle because of the 2 trees- hence why I can understand a bit of frustration if there is a crowd in the way of the line in- perhaps they should put yellow hatches in that zone!

transapp
    Free Member

Id say that actually to an inexperianced rider, the drop does look a little worrying from the top.
    It’s fine to roll though, even on my one terrible trip to Cannock (double dislocation and break, all in the same shoulder) I was able to get down it OK even if a little bit of pain (ok I was screaming)

donsimon
    Free Member

hmmmm, this is one thing i have noticed a lot nowadays,,,i hate riders who slag off other riders.

+1, I put this in the bracket of ‘we were all novices once’. I’ll let the quicker boys pass me on the decents when it’s comfortable for me, then kick their asses into oblivion on the climbs. 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘To the utter twunt riding a Turner at Cannock today….’ is closed to new replies.