Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Titus rockstar – why no 1X drivetrain?
  • teenrat

I’ve thought about getting one of the discounted rockstar frames from on one but then noticed that the description stated that it is not compatable with 1X drivetrains. I asked on one customer service why this is and got a short reply of ‘ the chainring fails’ ?!?

Can anyone clarify why it is not 1X compatable and secondly, what on one are on about with their reply

scotroutes

Chainstay too wide causing interference with the chainring?

ampthill

I have to know now

benpinnick

I would say its the dropout/horst link position. I suspect that 11 spd SRAM and Shimano mechs would both struggle to not catch on the pivot. Of course it is 1x compatible by definition if it can run 2 or 3x, I suspect they mean dedicated 1x set ups.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

hmm that means im putting my 2×10 off my hardtail onto the rockstar and the hardtail gets a new groupset… 😀

cp

I assume by fails they mean fouls.

But why would it..? Lets say you run a triple on it.. I assume they are fine with triples. Remove rings and put nw in middle ring position. That is physically no different to a triple, just with less chain rings.

Perhaps running a single ring in the inner ring position of a double will foul. But then… Surely they should say.. Runs fine 1x but use a triple crank.

teenrat

@cp – my thoughts exactly! i just dont get it as i just cant see how a frame cannot be 1X compatable. I was going to use a double crankset with nw ring in the outside position, which is the same as running a double setup.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Maybe the chainline will be shit?

mattbee

Wouldn’t it be shit in the middle ring of a triple as well then?

honourablegeorge

teenrat

Has your chainring failed yet? 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

is it the photo or is that TT super short?

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Just seen this post the bike above is my mates and mine is 1×10 as well with no issues as above surely it would be no good in the middle ring either if 1×10 was no good??

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Both of us have had no problems with 1×10

konanige

I’m no expert but my guess would be that they assume you mean a dedicated Sram 1×11 system which would probably make the chain foul on the pivot or something, my Codeine has about 1billlionthhh of a millimetre clearance, a 1×10 would be slightly narrower.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Titus rockstar – why no 1X drivetrain?’ is closed to new replies.