Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Titanium XC Frame
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

Just starting to look around for a new Ti xc frame. I don’t want another plastic bike. I am in love with a Salsa El Mariachi Ti at the moment. The travers also look good but i dislike the frame decals.

What else is out there for upto 2k

scotroutes

For that sort of money you could get a custom build. Burls, Enigma etc.

Van Nicholas would be another off-the-shelf option.

LeeW

Enigma for that sort of money, I’ve never really liked the quality of the Burls frames – I’m basing that purely on the five I’ve seen.

Lynskey are a good bet too, they have a good reputation when it comes to warranty repairs when the break. Which it will.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I looked at Enigma and they are quite short for what I want. I am 6’3 and want quite a roomy top tube.

I also want a 142mm rear end which discounts some brands.

LeeW

Have you asked them about a custom frame?

rewski
    Free Member

29er or 650b I assume, I’m 6’4 and ride the Kinesis Sync Ti lg 29er, it’s 142mm rear with direct mount as standard, this is an aggressive XC/trail bike depending on your fork set up. Well worth a look.

deluded
    Free Member

Trail not XC, but Stanton Ti Switchback? The Ti Sherpa’s coming out soon

brant
    Free Member

I looked at Enigma and they are quite short for what I want. I am 6’3 and want quite a roomy top tube.

I also want a 142mm rear end which discounts some brands.

We are doing a big 29er, called Battlecat, but it’s got a 157mm back end as standard, and an 83mm BB shell.

We could do a 142mm version though if you wanted less tyre clearance (it will work with 3.0in 650B+ and big 29er rubber).

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Its more mile muncher than trail bike. I had seen the Ti sherpa and that is along the lines of what I was thinking.

The Pact looks interesting. Would it take a 100mm fork?

brant
    Free Member

The Pact looks interesting. Would it take a 100mm fork?

That model takes a 140mm fork.

We can custom build you one for a 100mm fork. It’s easy.

Mail in profile if you’d like to get some more info. Pricing starts at £1000.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I’ll drop you an e mail over shortly!

brant
    Free Member

I’ll drop you an e mail over shortly!

Nice one.

We have a tech pack for it here I can send you, and then we can modify that to fit you.

Cheers

jonwe
    Free Member

Loving my van nicholas tuareg. Nice details, tidy joints, smooth ride, bombproof within reason. Bigman, if you want a muddy 26″ test ride I’m near kings langley. On-one were selling off the 26″ frames a few months ago so might still have some.

jonnyrockymountain

Really liking my Kinesis sync, 142×12, with 120mm forks, but could run at 100mm for a bit more xc

JohnClimber
    Free Member

BIGMAN – Member

Just starting to look around for a new Ti xc frame. I don’t want another plastic bike. I am in love with a Salsa El Mariachi Ti at the moment. The travers also look good but i dislike the frame decals.

Contact Michael at Travers and he’ll do you a custom one without graphics on if you like.
    https://www.traversbikes.com/contact-us.html

jonnyrockymountain

The Kona is just a Lynskey ridgeline? But more expensive ?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Could be, they are built by Lynskey, but dropouts are different, ISCG mount different, cable run is different, chain stay plate looks different… I do like that kona 🙂

MarkE25

I’ve got a 22″ moots mooto-x hardtail to frame that I am possibly thinking of selling. Mail me on the email in my
    Profile if it is of potential interest. Thanks Mark

fasthaggis

Loving my van nicholas tuareg.

Me too,even with the retro wheel size,it’s a keeper 😉

fatmax

Brant, the Battlecat looks lovely!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Is Kingdom too GRRRR?

bonesetter
    Free Member

schmiken

Kingdom also do a more XC type bike – the D9. Fully customisable and Chris is very easy to deal with!

It’s what I’ve had for the last two years, and I don’t see me getting rid of it any time soon!

brant
    Free Member

Brant, the Battlecat looks lovely!

Thanks. Steve who suggested it is eagerly awaiting it’s arrival, and we’ve another one going to someone who loved the idea too.

rewski
    Free Member

There was a nice Ti HT on the USE/Exposure stand at the London Bike Show, can’t remember the name, similar geo to the Sync, anyone?

adsh
    Free Member

Ummmed and aahed about a Ti milemuncher and ended up gong custom steel. 1lb difference to most Ti frames but with someone like Curtis you get exactly what you want in the UK with great back up if you crack or bend it.

Other than that Sync looks great but also look at the Clee Bikes Torus Ti 29er.

Kryton57

I looked at Enigma and they are quite short for what I want.

Are you sure? Enigma used to use the old Kona Geo, Low and long. The 29er is 23.75 for the 17.5″ model which is my size at 5’11.

BTW, when they updated their site during the London Bike show a “space” marked “MTB 650b” appeared and vanished again.

I’d watch that space if I were you…

teadrinker
    Free Member

A guy I know has a custom built Qoroz and is very impressed with it and the service received and it wasn’t that expensive in his words going down the custom route compared with an off the peg frame.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

I am in the same predicament myself.
    Looking at a titanium all rounder my self probably leaning towards xc.
    Think the Sync is ticking all the right box’s at the moment.
    Looks fairly future proof.
    Interesting on the 100 mm fork capabilities on the Sync.
    Was aiming for 120mm.
    Nice to know I have options.
    Would probably take a long hard look at that Moots above though!
    As long it was the right size!
    Thanks,
    Max

paul78
    Free Member

I am 6’3 and want quite a roomy top tube.

A little too big for an EM Ti XTR I may sell 🙁

MarkE25

What size is your Ti em Paul? Don’t suppose you’re interested in a swap for a moots? Size and condition dependant etc

oldfart

I’ve had a Kona Raijin for 2 years deffo not a rebadged Lynskey ! Check out the review in Dirt Rag most deffo a Kona , slacker H/A shorter chain stays etc etc 😀

orangeboy
    Free Member

very happy with my El mar steel but not sure the Ti is quite the same geo , I’ve not checked.
    I have a lynskye build orange and it’s not broken but many seem to
    And my old merlin road bike is a much neater / better Finnish weld etc but not sure they are still in business

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Mark e25,
    Any chance of photos of the Moots and sizing details?
    As long as I am not treading on any toes?
    Your email doesn’t seem to work on my phone.
    Price in mind?
    Thanks,
    Max

MarkE25

I’ll do some photos in the morning and send them over. I’ll also take some measurements and let you know. Cheers Mark

danti

If you like the look of the Sherpa then a 2 Souls QH in Ti might be worth a look.

With the euro taking a hit at the mo they work out a bit cheaper.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Thanks Mark,
    Shall look forward too seeing them!
    Max

bonesetter
    Free Member

oldfart – Member
    I’ve had a Kona Raijin for 2 years deffo not a rebadged Lynskey ! Check out the review in Dirt Rag most deffo a Kona , slacker H/A shorter chain stays etc etc

Thanks old smelly. Yes, the Raijin is a class number. You would be hard done to beat it in any regard, especially when it comes to the ride

I liked it best with a 120 up front

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Titanium XC Frame’ is closed to new replies.