Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Tiny church on a beach in Cornwall
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What’s it called? You’ve seen pictures of it I’m sure, it’s really small and wedged in a little cove.

neilforrow

St Just in Roseland Church??

http://stjust.roselandchurches.co.uk/

molgrips
    Free Member

Nonono that’s not it. It’s tiny, the size of a bedroom – more like a chapel than a church really, and it’s in a tiny teeny cove which is barely big enough for it.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Dam beat me to it.

camo16
    Free Member

Not St. Just in Roseland, I think – that’s halfway down a wooded hill… Molgrips’ one is on the north coast somewhere.

psychobiker
    Free Member

My Mum has a lovely painting of the aforementioned church btw.

druidh
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s that small or is it just Very.Far.Away?

molgrips
    Free Member

So you know the place I am thinking of? Good, that means I didn’t dream it. I’m googling everything I can think of and I’m surprised I’ve not found it, I thought it was really well known.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

St Enodoc’s, Daymer Bay, nr Polzeath?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Must be St Enodocs..

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Actually, too big. Sorry

molgrips
    Free Member

Not even close. Too big, not by a cliff, not by a beach, not nestled into a tiny cove. It is a church though, well done 😉

wallop

I grew up in Cornwall, and I can picture a scene with a tiny chapel up the path from a small cove – can’t think where the hell it is though. I’m sure it’s in West Cornwall…

camo16
    Free Member

Dumb question, but are you sure it’s a Cornish church you’re thinking of and not St. Govan’s Chapel, Pembrokeshire?

geoffj

St Govan’s in Pembprokeshire?

Edit: Wot camo said

Or Gunwalloe?

druidh
    Free Member

The new Chez Molgrips? I know you were thinking of an alternative lifestyle but that might be taking it too far!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Molgrips this is really freaky, but I’ve got the same memory, I think, from a holiday I had 35 years ago as a five year old in Cornwall. For years I’ve been trying to work out if it’s a real memory or not. Tiny church, down a steep road and in my memory the walls are like a shell collage. The memory is so strong that when I saw pictures of the place below in Guernsey I was convinced that it must have been the place and that I must therefore have been to Guernsey as a child (although I hadn’t). My parents’ memories are sadly not what they used to be so they can’t remember anything about it either.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Gunwelloe? Church cove. At a guess?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah yeah.. that could be it although it’s not quite the picture I have in my head. Would also explain why I couldn’t find any pictures of it in Cornwall mind.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Molgrips this church is not the one I have in my memory because I’d never been to Guernsey before I met my wife (seven years ago) and also that church is inland (as far as anywhere on Guernsey can be inland!)

I showed the picture because the church in my memory looks just like it but it’s definitely in Cornwall.

molgrips
    Free Member

I only have a memory of a picture, because I’ve never been to any of these places. I think it’s probably St Govans

MrNutt
    Free Member

Gunwalloe, Church Cove

…again

molgrips
    Free Member

Gunwalloe is a big bay with a big church in it. Not at all what I described.

camo16
    Free Member

Gunwalloe’s bay isn’t that big. I’ve seen bigger.

geoffj

Gunwalloe is a big bay with a big church in it. Not at all what I described.

You didn’t say it was in Pembrokeshire either 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

Touché mon amis.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Is it Culbone church in N devon near porlock, smallest in england, on the coast path ?

langylad
    Free Member

Church Cove on The Lizard? My 4 year old had a huge poo here a few years ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Tiny church on a beach in Cornwall’ is closed to new replies.