Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Time for another woodshed? Oh go on then…
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Sun’s out and the wind has dropped so Im braving the outdoors again.

Going to put up a wood shed closer to the house for next season’s wood. Hopefully my building merchant will drop off my timber early in the day as Ive only a little bit of ground work to do before I need it.

It’ll go here:

7:45am

trail_rat
    Free Member

youll need to move that wheelbarrow first .

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Plenty of time for a proper builders strength cup of monkey first

nickc

I’m going for a ride, I expect this to be built upon my return.

Stoner
    Free Member

got to drop Jr off at skool first. Then coffee.
    Then a little bit of teeth sucking.
    Some tool sorting.
    Might start on site by 10am 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I set out in lovely clear skies 40 minutes ago, it’s now overcast and dull, so I’d say its a no go. Best you stay inside and procrastinate on here instead!

phil.w
    Free Member

Might start on site by 10am

…aye, you’ll get a good hours work in before down tools for a pre-lunch Ginsters and flick through the Sun (this must take place in the cab of a van). 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

make it a long ride nick – Ive just realised Ive got to bake some cupcakes for the PTA Easter fair too… finding nails in fairy cakes is a no-no isnt it?

wingnuts

Is this start of shed wars? Power play between Mcmoonter, Footflaps and Stoner could leave the country north of Watford peppered with structures full of combustable material. Are they preparing for when Scotland shuts off the oil pipeline?
    Is Mcmoonter going to become rich beyond his wildest dreams when he starts to smuggle logs south?
    Or given the substantial nature of Footflaps bunker is he just preparing a haven from the ensuing fire storm when the tinder dry stores ignite in the blistering heat of summer?

jodafett

blistering heat of summer?

I was with you ’till this point

Stoner
    Free Member

Post locations prep’d. Cant do anything more now until delivery turns up with post spikes 🙁 Time for a brew.

Cupcakes came out well though 🙂
    Wimmin! This is proper multitasking!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Brilliant, there can never be too many woodpile / shed building threads on here.

Adds to favorites.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I need cake now 😥

Stoner
    Free Member

Woohoo, delivery arrived.

Going to go and get the spikes in then I have to ice the cakes.

footflaps

Post Spikes !!!???

What sort of half arsed construction project is this?

We want them set 16′ down in molten lead foundations!

toys19
    Free Member

sod the molten lead, mcmoonter just sticks them in the ground (I still have not got to the bottom of how he fixes them upright)

wwaswas

I still have not got to the bottom of how he fixes them upright

He has stern words with them about it being better to be the firewood shed rather than the actual firewood.

anokdale
    Free Member

The jedi shed builder will be along soon to sort this one out..(puts kettle on and awaits Mcmoonters arrival)

miketually
    Free Member

I still have not got to the bottom of how he fixes them upright

Once they’re fastened to everything else, there’ll be lots of nice triangles and nothing’ll move?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes, the post spikes are a major dissapointment. I can only assume that Stoner is going for an ‘Olde Worlde’ style log shed with all the timber at odd angles.

toys19
    Free Member

Once they’re fastened to everything else, there’ll be lots of nice triangles and nothing’ll move?

Well that’s obvious, but what happens before hand. A key part of engineering is designing the installation, not just the finished product.
    Anyway we have the solution:

He has stern words with them about it being better to be the firewood shed rather than the actual firewood.

wwaswas has obviously been McMoonter school to learn the ways of the wise one.

Gotama
    Free Member

And what stops his sheds sinking where leg meets earth? Or does he ‘crete some pads upon which the shed is stood?

What are the chances Stoner eats a couple of cakes with his afternoon cuppa break 😀

toys19
    Free Member

And what stops his sheds sinking where leg meets earth? Or does he ‘crete some pads upon which the shed is stood?

good point, McMoonter to the thread! Explain yourself! Its bloody shed voodoo I tell thee.

Stoner
    Free Member

What are the chances Stoner eats a couple of cakes with his afternoon cuppa break

Kettle’s on. Just about to test a cake. Cant go round poisoning the local kids now.

Oh ye of little faith 🙄

Purlins next.

toys19
    Free Member

Is this in scotland? It looks nearly dark already?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Dunno about almost dark, but it looks squint.

Stoner
    Free Member

tis a bit gloomy out.
    tis not squint.
    tis single pitch roof.

ell_tell
    Free Member

What are the two ipads for on the existing shed roof?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I don’t think we can judge him until we’ve seen the size of his hammer

nickc

Honey, I’m home!

If anyone asks you to go cycling in the Chilterns…Run, run as fast as you can and don’t look back.

I’m going to my happy place now.

miketually
    Free Member

Well that’s obvious, but what happens before hand. A key part of engineering is designing the installation, not just the finished product.

His build photos always show shed-loads of extra random bits of wood tacked on during constructions, which I assume are temporary positioning braces to back up the stern words.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Last picture was an hour ago, where are these purlins?

white101

I’d always wondered what real addiction was, then the wood threads started on here. Now I find myself turning to the wood based threads first every time I log in and find many more addicts waiting for more news and the latest photos from fellow woodists across the STW world. Is there one of those 12 point plans like there is at AA?

My name is Ian and I like wood….

IHN

My name is Ian and I like wood….

Ahem, erm… 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

[countdown choon]
    do do do do doodle-du-do do
    [/countdown choon]

And he’s out of time 🙁
    Will have to clad it and fit the gutter on Friday.
    But I did manage to ice my cakes.
    Got to rush out now for an Electrical Systems exam. got to love a productive day.

mark90
    Free Member

Just about to test a cake.

Or two 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

ell_tell – Member
    What are the two ipads for on the existing shed roof?

Previously on shedtrackworld

ell_tell
    Free Member

Previously on shedtrackworld

Reads thread with interest. Approves very much 🙂

AlexSimon

The speed at which these Stoner and McMoonter structures go up is just embarrassing!

AngusWells

I have to be honest here, that icing is pretty shoddy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Time for another woodshed? Oh go on then…’ is closed to new replies.