Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Those cheap silver and red 20" Nukeproof Mega's look better…..
  • RustyNissanPrairie

after being attacked with a few litres of paint stripper!

Needed a frame in a hurry after cracking mine and the warranty dept faffing about.
    Took a punt on the Mega TR being cleared on CRC but hated the ‘Flash Gordan’ paint job.

Dont have time to install my dropper and have 3 days of BPW and a day at Antur booked so no need for the moment.

Quick trundle after building; feels short, snappy, stiff, playful. BPW tomorrow!

andyl
    Free Member

Looks like a prototype frame now. What did it look like before to be that bad?

Although slightly confused that you had time to strip the paint off but not fit the dropper and after cracking one frame and putting in a warranty claim you have now got no warranty on this one.

Would the saddle not have distracted from the paint job anyway? 😉

kayak23

Wtf is that saddle? 😯

Frame looks great though, way better than Nukeproof decal-arama

RustyNissanPrairie

andyl – Member
    Looks like a prototype frame now. What did it look like before to be that bad?

Although slightly confused that you had time to strip the paint off but not fit the dropper and after cracking one frame and putting in a warranty claim you have now got no warranty on this one.

Would the saddle not have distracted from the paint job anyway?

A quick read of the warranty blurb in the owners manual didn’t mention anything about paint removal etc 😀 , besides I was looking at 3x days BPW bike hire totalling £200 if i didn’t sort something so this frame effectively stands me at ~£300.

andyl
    Free Member

I guess you could say the paint fell off 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone has ever broken one of these Mega frames so the warranty bit is moot anyway.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

I broke one…..

Warranty department were very good. They are good bikes.

RustyNissanPrairie

Simonpieman – Member
    I broke one…..

Where/what broke on it?

mattbee

To be fair, Si puts out more power than the National Grid. Iirc he broke the chainstay.

falkirk-mark

TBH I much prefer it with the paint on.

RustyNissanPrairie

wow – this frame is good ! Im coming off a cracked and dull feeling long wheelbase 160mm ‘enduro’ frame and swapped the parts to the Mega.

Feels like my old favourite – the Evil Sovereign but with rear squish. Super agile and nimble but not overly nervous at speed, really placeable and easy to move around on.

Absolutely flying on it at BPW.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Those cheap silver and red 20" Nukeproof Mega's look better…..’ is closed to new replies.