Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • This is Enduro Now
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

This looks fun.

Oh and you will need sound for the video.

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/the-dudes-of-hazzard-this-is-enduro-now-enduro.html

legend
    Free Member

Just saw this too, looks awesome! Clashes with the Glasgow Track World Cup though – torn 🙁

galactus
    Free Member

Class..really liked their other videos(Dudes of hazard) as well!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Mmmm… proper Enduro nom.

kimbers

enduro in the north in november !

xiphon
    Free Member

Looks fun – and going by previous NoFuss Events…. it’ll be a very good event!

legend
    Free Member

Kimbers. They’ve got undersoil heating for the sheep these days so it’ll be fine

VanHalen

if they race that trail down the back of ben nevis it’ll be mint/carnage. i walked up that thinking it’ll be a ace ride. then joe barnes did that vid with aaron gwin on it with gwin saying the rocks are bonkers.

if only i didnt live on the south coast – its a bugger of a drive.

xiphon
    Free Member

Why not fly up? Ship your bike up to someone/hotel/B&B, then jump on a plane…

Else, get the overnight from London (need to get into London first)

althepal

My moneys on Glencoe or Kinlochleven.. Have heard the latter has some great trails..

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member

It’s no understatement to say the whole area has some of the very best riding in the UK, but I would say that, wouldn’t I…

Northwind

Appears I was the third person to sign up for this :mrgreen:

All I can say is- Joe Barnes, you’d better make a damn good job of the taping.

mrplow
    Free Member

Oh oh! :mrgreen:

muckytee
    Free Member

enduro in the north in november !

What do you mean?

It’s grim up North, last time we had seasons Saddam Hussein was still in power.

Northwind

To be fair, it’s possible it won’t rain (ie, if it snows)

Brycey
    Free Member

Looking forward to it!

crfx
    Free Member

Any more info of the where abouts yet?
    Not many updates.
    Come on Dudes!!

t-p26
    Free Member

I think that with the number of possibilities they have, they need to see how many people are committed before giving final details.

Johnbot
    Free Member

Wish i knew where this would be so i could book a B&B nice and close, any idea when it’s going to be announced?

Northwind

This just in… In the No Fuss newsletter. Just a little more info:

“Entries are coming in all the time for “This is Enduro Now” and it’s shaping up to be a pretty thumping end to the season!

Still keeping a few secrets up our sleeve, but our Facebook Page will keep you up to date with all the latest news. Location and information on individual stages will released in the near future… However, you wouldn’t be too far wrong if you had heard that it may be in the Kinlochleven area (subject to land owener’s permission) and that there is likely to be a whoop of a party planned at the Ice Factor by MTBcut, just to be sure that 2012 goes out with some style.

If you haven’t already heard about “This is Enduro Now” then The Dudes of Hazzard Video should bring you up to speed (WARNING: This video contains the most addictive theme song of all time and will be stuck in your head for the next month)”

mangoridebike

ooh – looking forward to it even more now!

scoobmw
    Free Member

Talking to NoFuss the other day, still sorting out landowner permission I understand.
    I’ve booked Kinlochleven accommodation anyway and just hoping nothing moves now.
    Ciaran Path ?

Never been down that on foot before never mind bike…… that has a reputation though wot.

Johnbot
    Free Member

I’m still holding off, heard if it wasn’t in Kinlochleven it was going to be the far side of FortWilliam, don’t fancy that drive if i can help it. Did the Ciaran path on Sunday, technical as hell with a few short sharp technical climbs. It had been dry for days and it was still a river. No drainage at all. There are a few great tracks around there though.

AntM
    Free Member

Kinlochleven it is then 🙂

<start digging out clothes last used on the Strathpuffer>

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thinking of doing this. Any idea of the lengeth / nature of the times sections? (Sorry, don’t know Kinklochleven at all)

euain

Fun, wasn’t it? 🙂

I managed to get down with only slight damage to the bike, only a few non-life-changing injuries and didn’t (quite) come last. What a blast that was. I think I’m still shaking after my last run down stage 3.

scoobmw
    Free Member

That was fun aye.
    Bike unscathed, also not last, me unscathed despite numerous off’s, great trails.
    What’s not to like 🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Joe Barnes – 51st, 1st and 1st! Puncture?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

That was flipping excellent. I had a pretty frustrating day’s racing with some very novel brake malfunctions but still managed a decent-ish result. The brand new bike isn’t feeling quite so new anymore…

See you at Innerleithen in the new year for more winter enduros yeah?

Northwind

That was brilliant… Had a disaster of a weekend tbh but still a great time was had. Forgot how to ride a bike while queuing for stage one, then basically bounced out of control all the way down. Steep bit was hilarious, people everywhere- pushing, crashing, falling over, diving out the way… Some even riding! Results wise, that was me best stage :mrgreen:

Then was doing better in stage 3 but managed to pull my mech off in one of the rutted sections and maul my wheel. Quick stop to ditch chain and wedge mech into cableguides then trundled and pushed the rest of it.

Thought it was all possibly a bit crazy but still, absolutely loved it.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

It was an amazing weekend, loved each of the stages and well done to the organizers. Put on dual ply to avoid the punctures and had one bad crash just at the start of Stage 1. After that crash I was all over the place. Sore shoulder but still smiling today.

igm

Edit – just spotted the timeline. Doh

thegman67

My first ever event and loved it,the hardest trails ive ever ridden but the climb up killed me. Defo going to do more.

munrobiker
    Free Member

That was good. Did gash but loved it.

Photos here-

https://picasaweb.google.com/105458766087992606738/DudesEnduro

Mbnut
    Free Member

Sounds good and crazy trails at events are a bonus… will be up for at least one Inners winter one…

mangoridebike

That was my first event of this type and I loved it.

The trails were awesome and the atmosphere was great. I couldn’t make the saturday practice day so had to ride the trails blind, which added to the fun 🙂

I was riding a Dialled Alpine and it totally opened my eyes to what the bike is capable of, I got rattled around on the faster sections but otherwise it was great.

My chain came off about 30 secs into stage 1 but after that my only issues were arm pump and lack of ability.

definitley keen to do more of this in the future.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Loved it despite the weather the late starters got at the top! Did my usual race fail and did pretty badly but thought the trails were great – just difficult enough whilst still allowing flat-out riding. ‘That’ corner was a laugh though, especially when there were 3 or 4 people sliding all over it!

ittaika
    Free Member

it was an excellent event! great atmosphere, excellent scenery and amazing trails. reckon i’ll do some more practice before the next one though =)

mangoridebike

I saw a few photographers around on the day, does anybody have a link to any pics?

EDIT – Apologies Munrobiker I’ve seen the link to yours, but I can’t open the link at work 🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

Feel free to download mine if they are of you. I didn’t get many though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘This is Enduro Now’ is closed to new replies.