Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • The STW forum still sucks
  • aracer
    Free Member

wooah there, nelly!

Well that’s what you get if you do rolly eyes without having actually bothered to read properly what you’re quoting.

as to seeing the last post on a thread?

Yes that’s easy enough – trouble is I was actually after:

the first new post in a thread since you last read it

if this is not not to what you refer, then i give up.

Thanks for your contribution.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No PMs please.

GrahamS

That looks awesome thebunk!

aracer
    Free Member

I would hazard that the mods would have quite a bit more policing to do should a PM function be added, for all its usefulness.

Why? You see that P – it doesn’t stand for public, so they don’t need modding for stuff which might get STW in trouble. In fact I’d hope the mods wouldn’t go anywhere near PMs unless they were forwarded to them as abusive – in which case it’s pretty straightforward for them (quite easy to ban people from using PMs if necessary I’d imagine).

aracer
    Free Member

No PMs please.

You’re quite happy for people to send you e-mails at jeremy.p*****@btinternet.com though? What’s the difference?

jota180
    Free Member

From the sounds of things, you don’t have a lot of fans for PMs, but I’m sure people will wonder how they ever did without when it gets rolled out.

I doubt it, I don’t think I’ve ever used a PM on any forum or thought it would be handy

Pieface

UKC forums haven’t changed at all in the last 10 years, are free and piddle all over this forum (and many others) in terms of functionality.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

aracer – now i see. still, i’d really not like to conflate the significance of this forum in my life; i fail to see how these things are really that much of an issue. but, i guess things like this are pretty important to some.

aracer
    Free Member

Important enough for you to add your 2p to a thread about it?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘The STW forum still sucks’ is closed to new replies.