Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • The end of Torrent?
  • Peregrine
    Free Member

If I want to see a new release at the movies I go, however I am not prepared to pay the kind of stupid money currently being asked for a recent DVD.

When these companies start charging a reasonable amount for CD’s & DVD’s I will stop down loading from mininova – until that time I will do all I can to continue.

So called movie stars/musicians with 20 cars, planes and enough coke to keep the world speeding for a life time, all this on money the public spends on their products.

Nah – I don’t think I shall feel even a little bit guilty about it – smug perhaps.

When the big boys find a way to stop it – a new way will be found.

Until then – I will continue to expand my movie collection.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I use torrents quite alot, although not as much as I used to. I buy CD’s occasionally, but only if its for something I cant find via torrents, or if its a particularly good album that I want to listen to in my car.

I think the best way of supporting bands is to go and watch them live, at least then you know that your money isnt going straight to the record companies.

I think the music industry will probably be better off without the record labels. I’d like to think the decent musicians will carry on making music because its what the have a passion for, regardless of the money.

Yes, people have to make a living, but a living doesnt involve owning a ferrari and a mansion. The people that create music purely to make money will probably dissappear but it doesnt matter really and it wont be a loss to anyone.

wors

My ISP blocks torrents 👿 any help?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What ISP is it?

aracer
    Free Member

Change ISP!

wors

talktalk

zokes
    Free Member

Change ISP

Flaperon

Bought a DVD last year and discovered that the first five minutes were adverts which my DVD player wouldn’t skip (they used the same thing that makes you watch the anti-piracy stuff).

A HUUUUGE squabble down at HMV the next day resulted in a refund. I think I downloaded the movie

Expat
    Free Member

OK so now we have discussed the merrits of the music/film industry what other options are there for D/L bittorrent stuff but not useing the normal way like Utorrent and sites like minenova?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘The end of Torrent?’ is closed to new replies.