• This topic has 105 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • The Dark side who’s in & who’s out?
  • Peregrine
    Free Member

Picked up a cheapie used road bike at the weekend and road it for the first time today, i have to say its not as bad as i expected, i will be keeping it.

So who else rides for the dark side?

aP
    Free Member

I like the riding of the bikes

Smee
    Free Member

From now until July I will mostly be riding my road bike.

Harry_the_Spider

I too have started bowling from the gas works end.

oldgit
    Free Member

It is the path of righteousness my son.

will1
    Free Member

I rode my road bike today for the first time in 6 months and I did enjoy it which surprised me.

glynP
    Free Member

I am aloud to ride a road bike occasionally by my mountain bike mates but even if I mention the super girly sport of cyclo cross then I will be banished from the trails forever.

Who wants ride a road bike round and round a muddy rugby pitch anyway!

meehaja
    Free Member

Since I broke my scaphoid, riding flat bars hurts, but rod bikes are stangely ok..

Blackhound

Nice shade of grey here, two wheels good

MoreCashThanDash

I ride a road bike to work, and I ride another one when I don’t feel like spending longer cleaning an MTB than I do riding it.

A mate who swore blind he would never go to the Dark Side caved in over the weekend apparently. He had argued that blatting down busy roads risking life and limb in traffic and watching nothing but another blokes lycra clad bum could not be fun. We have demonstrated that bumbling along quiet country lanes looking for a cafe to stop at is, in fact, the correct way for a group of overweight, middle aged blokes to ride road bikes.

Oh, and a couple of our lot entered the “girly” sport of cyclo cross this year. Which presumably puts me several shades the wrong side of “girly”, as I couldn’t do it!

LardLover
    Free Member

yep, thinking of switching over full time 😳

Anyone want to buy my bike?

alwyn
    Free Member

I love road riding, I think I’m turning. Lycra shorts and body glide. Nothing better then a fast road ride. I do still like MTBing, but I prefer the road. New road bike coming soon 🙂

schmiken

Only way to ride the 26 mile commuting trip!

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Sorry to be the fly in the ointment but road bikes are not for me

colnagokid

I’m in!

pcb
    Free Member

I currently have a road fixie for the commute. Really miss my geared road bike.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i probably go for more ride on the road bike, but thats only because when ge home from work and fancy a ride i dont want to spend half an hour riding to a trail, ride for not long at all, then ride back. Would much rather got for a few hours on the dark side and save the moutainbike for the weekend.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Never thought I’d be typing this but picking up my first road bike on wed and looking forward to a non cotswold filth ride. Only for a the fitness thing you understand !!!

Pickers

I’m in too.
    If you think it’s boring try 55mph down Ankerdine bank!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i got the bug a few years ago

bought a new Merlin frame last year and keep eyeing up Record carbon groupos

😳

epo-aholic
    Free Member

in, unfortunately!

jonb
    Free Member

I ride more than one type of bike depending on my mood and the condition of my bikes.

Vortexracing

I’m the same as you Peregrine, just started to ‘dip my toe in’. Will have to see if I keep it

justa
    Free Member

i’m in – a recent ish convert to road bikes

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve been right over to the darkside for some time.

I’m going even more darkside, though – the track!

GaryLake
    Free Member

The Dark Side is the key to completely killing your mates come spring time! 😀

druidh
    Free Member

4 bikes – 2 of each

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I bought a lovely little Rossin frame, a few years ago, and built it up with bits off an old steel Paganini someone gave me (bionickev off here now has that), but what was too big. Sadly, my bike needs quite a bit of tlc, as there’s quite a few bits worn out.

It’s nowt special, and there’s no fancy carbon and that on it, but it is a lovely little bike. I will definitely do it up (I have some new bits), and have it ready for the Spring and Summer.

If we ever have a Summer… 🙄

rockmount
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    4 bikes – 2 of each

…Same here 8)

justa
    Free Member

heres mine – again nothing flash/exclusive/expensive but i really like it – lots

firestarter
    Free Member

h/t
    full sus
    road
    cx

all good 😉

Kiril
    Free Member

I’ve got my knackered ’89 Raleigh on my turbo trainer but due to a bad back (had an op in Oct) I’m seriously thinking of trying to get Mrs Kiril to allow me to buy a “nice” road bike on the cycle to work scheme.

mrmo
    Free Member

this is mine.

firestarter
    Free Member

oh go on then since its a picture post now lol 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I originally started on MTB’s, then moved to the “darkside” for 6 years now doing both and love them both. One of my road bikes, its the dogs!!!

dobo
    Free Member

i ride my mtb on the road, does that count?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Cheeze…

KKF; could you not afford a nice bike, then??? 😯

metalheart
    Free Member

I originally came from the darkside.

I like the steadiness, the constancy of it. You can really sort your head out over stuff on a road bike.

Plus a nice running bike on a fine spring’s morning, nothing better (cept mebbe a fine running mtb on a glorious summers day….)

Candodavid
    Free Member

Used to be on the Darkside but didn’t enjoy the traffic and crap roads in Somerset. Have an old Diamond Back slicked and racked for commuting/shopping and general road use. Off road as a rule of thumb for me then I can only blame myself for injuries rather than an irresponsible driver or pedestrian.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hell yeah..

Its great..

And CX is great too..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘The Dark side who’s in & who’s out?’ is closed to new replies.