Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Thatcher!
  • tails
    Free Member

I don’t normally get involved in this crap but this beggars belief

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15486792

Hope she gets a Gaddafi style burial!! Cameron needs to get rid of this!

mrmo
    Free Member

what do you expect, one rule for them and one for the rest.

scaredypants

gah !

you big tease

druidh
    Free Member

You surely don’t expect her to struggle by on a pension?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And Blair?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Lame troll. 1/10. Try harder next time.

kimbers

i like the way john major set it up
    then claimed half a million

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t do that; got me all excited then… 😡

(Puts dancing shoes away again)

scaredypants

flash, blair is possibly the single most grasping, self-aggrandising venal tosser this nation’s produced in recent times

surely you had an inkling

clunker

absolute joke!

donsimon
    Free Member

I feel let down.

tails
    Free Member

And Blair?

That c**t as well and major he’s from my neck of the woods, might go get the bombers out on him! Actually he don’t deserve that I’ll use a shite pair of Judy tt’s

Honestly they are criminals!

tails
    Free Member

you big tease

I hope she does die soon! Bet she won’t get hit with inheritance tax!

You can see why the Scots want shot of us with scum like that in charge!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher has claimed £535,000 of taxpayers’ money over the last five years

Is it means-tested ?

druidh
    Free Member

😆

No ernie. I think even wealthy ex-PMs qualify

El-bent
    Free Member

And Blair?

Ever the defender of Tina, Eh flashy?

What did you expect of Blair? The kids always turn out like their parents.

scraprider
    Free Member

worth ever penny

Stoner
    Free Member

No that’s what I call welfare universalism ernie 😉

wingnuts

was there with you Elf! Got bottles on ice. It can;t be long now? Can it? Please….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bloody hope not.

Tick tock, tick tock…

dmjb4
    Free Member

Thatcher:

I think we have gone through a period when too many children and people have been given to understand “I have a problem, it is the Government’s job to cope with it!” or “I have a problem, I will go and get a grant to cope with it!” “I am homeless, the Government must house me!” and so they are casting their problems on society and who is society? There is no such thing! There are individual men and women and there are families and no government can do anything except through people and people look to themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then also to help look after our neighbour and life is a reciprocal business and people have got the entitlements too much in mind without the obligations

More sense in that quote than in most of the posts on this forum.

Lifer
    Free Member

Pish

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

dmjb4 – Member

Thatcher:

I think we have gone through a period when too many children and people have been given to understand “I have a problem, it is the Government’s job to cope with it!” or “I have a problem, I will go and get a grant to cope with it!” “I am homeless, the Government must house me!” and so they are casting their problems on society and who is society? There is no such thing! There are individual men and women and there are families and no government can do anything except through people and people look to themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then also to help look after our neighbour and life is a reciprocal business and people have got the entitlements too much in mind without the obligations

So I’m guessing that she sorted it all out and those issues are no longer relevant …….. am I right?

Or did she spend her 10 years as PM sitting on her arse doing **** all ?

Woody
    Free Member

I hope she does die soon! Bet she won’t get hit with inheritance tax!

I think I can safely guarantee that she will not ‘get hit’ with inheritance tax.

kimbers

eh? trying to defend fatcha claiming money from the state for doing nothing you post up a quote from her saying people expect too many freebies from the state for doing nothing

mefty
    Free Member

I hate to rain on parade, but the BBC report would slightly more useful if it explained what precise expenses that were incurred that were reimbursed. Absent that I find it difficult to form a judgement.

Carry on with the vitriol.

Lifer
    Free Member

Expenses? Wha?

The system was set up by John Major in 1991, after one year in office, to reward former prime ministers for work including answering letters and attending public events.

wingnuts

She’s been claiming £293 a day! Every day for every year for 5 years!! WTF!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

Lifer, rather than jump on the BBC’s unbelievably bad reporting, read Tessa Jowell’s description in hansard:

The public duties cost allowance, which is administered by the Cabinet Office, is paid in respect of office and secretarial expenses incurred by former Prime Ministers in connection with their public duties. All claims must be supported by documentary evidence. The allowance is not payable if the former Prime Minister is occupying the position of Leader of the Opposition. The allowance is linked to the ceiling of the centralised arrangements for payment of staff and secretarial support for MPs with London constituencies.

kimbers

to be fair i reckon she has to get someone to check her hatemail for bombs, asps, anthrax etc (and thats just the ones from elfinsafety 😉 )

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

So I’m guessing that she sorted it all out and those issues are no longer relevant …….. am I right?

Well, if you knew your Thatcher… then you’d know that she very presciently warned in the same article that:

…because we now realise that the great problems in life are not those of housing and food and standard of living. When we have got all of those, when we have got reasonable housing when you compare us with other countries, when you have got a reasonable standard of living and you have got no-one who is hungry or need be hungry, when you have got an education system that teaches everyone—not as good as we would wish—you are left with what? You are left with the problems of human nature…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

to reward former prime ministers for work including answering letters and attending public events.

She doesn’t attend any public events……..she’s not allowed to.

So now the thieving tart is fraudulently claiming for something which she isn’t doing.
    In other words, she’s cheating the taxpayer.

Someone ought to put a stop to these thieving scroungers.

genghispod
    Free Member

Thatcher:

Or did she spend her 10 years as PM sitting on her arse doing **** all about it?

Well I for one at the time was very pleased to see Thatcher gone in the hope of a brave new world. Sadly that ended up with New Labour and a decade under the traitor Blair (with the one-eyed Scottish Idiot).

Now I don’t think Cameron is any better.

Who the f&&k are we supposed to vote for?

tails
    Free Member

Who the f&&k are we supposed to vote for?

I’m going to either not vote or for one of those green/raving loony parties next time.

aracer
    Free Member

Someone ought to put a stop to these thieving scroungers.

ISTR some candidates having that as one of their principle policies in the last euro election.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes, and what has Nigel done about it ?

chewkw
    Free Member

I bet a normal French MP earns more than any of the British PM … 😆

aracer
    Free Member

I was thinking Nick.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nick ? Nick who ?

aracer
    Free Member

Nick the MEP. Nigel who?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Thatcher!’ is closed to new replies.