• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • That Merlin XLM on ebay at the moment…
  • onceinalifetime
    Free Member

The ****t won’t take a picture of the under the BB to show size stamp and frame number after numerous attempts by myself asking.

The first reason I asked was because they never were available in 20″ size as I use to own one and knew that they went up in increments.

Another bizzare thing is the use of 29″ wheels in a 26″ frame, silly twunt.
    seemed a genuine reason for this mind in his reply.

Apart from the fact it’s overpriced, I WAS being the operative word, going to make an offer but fear it may be a stolen frame or wrongly gained.

He made up that excuse of losing the frame receipt shortly after supposedly purchasing from the U.S.A.

NOT SURE on this tbh, but whoever it is, is dead set on not showing me the frame number and size stamp on BB so therefore in the words of Dragon’s Den…

I’M OUT!

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Gotta love the fact he’s weighing it without tyres. Maybe its the fact a 29er tyre wouldnt clear the stays on the rear?

Dibbs
    Free Member

It looks to me that it has road tyres fitted.

oxym0r0n

Gotta love the fact he’s weighing it without tyres

It has road tyres on, but I think you’re right – it looks like it would need 26″ wheels to run off-road tyres

higgo
    Free Member

…they never were available in 20″ size ….

http://www.bikepro.com/products/frames/merxlm.html

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

That’s strange, yeah maybe your right on that.

But still he thinks it strange I should ask/request to see the frame number.

Bizarre

Skyliner
    Free Member

If I had a frame like this I wouldnt send a stranger the serial number. In the fear that it was copied. Maybe its his way in saying politely he doesnt trust you.

was
    Free Member

Its a bit like asking for the VIN number of my car – some people think such should be kept secret!

Ask for a pic with some digits obscured?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

You know that this is the guy that runs merlin in chorley…

mrgoll
    Free Member

From the advert :

…I had a works 4 for off road, the XLM was for road use only as I don’t like drops, I had a CR works before this and sold that cos of the drop bars. It was my MTB to kick Roadie’s Asses…

Hmm. I like the cut of your jib. That sure is a very special machine, and I for one forgive his wheely big mistake. I confess to being very attracted to it.

*buys a lottery ticket ….hmm…. maybe I should pick it up by helicopter ….hmm…. buys another lottery ticket* 8)

JoeG
    Free Member

I’m a little suspicious of

…but since you cannot get this build style anymore being that all new frames now come from china and fitted with the old style decals…

AFAIK Merlin was sold over a year ago and aren’t shipping bikes at this time. Their website Merlin has been a placeholder for a year or so stating “Brand rebirth underway.”

orangeboy
    Free Member

Did not know of there demise anyone knOw who owns the brand now ?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ebay listing has been removed. Or did it run out?

was
    Free Member

Listing looks like its been pulled!

Merlin fans, if you’ve not seen this, take a look: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/think-your-shedgaragebike-cave-has-some-cool-old-stuff-in-it

JoeG
    Free Member

Competitive Cyclist was the buyer Article

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘That Merlin XLM on ebay at the moment…’ is closed to new replies.