Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell me about espresso coffee machines
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I like coffee and tea but would like a change from drinking tea all the time. Trouble is I don’t want to be tied into buying expensive pods, taking loads of time to make proper espresso or settle for filter-/plunger-quality. Is there a machine/method out there for me?

sam42
    Free Member

Three words, bean to cup.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I have one of these….
    EASM 5400

Its brilliant, can be had for about £400 I think instead of its original £700.
    Mate has the same one and its been going for quite a few years now.

aP
    Free Member

Stovetop.

cranberry
    Free Member

Gaggia Titanium can also be had for £400 – they are very easy to use.

qwerty
    Free Member

We have Dualit Espressivo, the wild card for me would be a Handpresso complete with picnic kit 🙂

You probably need to start asking yourself some lifechanging questions around now: Do you ride SS? Do you have facial hair? Do you associate cheese with a board?

If you can combine all of the above into a ride then you are truely a whore of the niche!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m about to buy a Lavazza machine, just a simple one for home. My “Starbucks” one I bought 6 years ago has just gone pop.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Stove top

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t be a sheep and make the sensible choice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve had these (still got two in the cupboard, 1 large, 1 small) I’ve never ever been able to get a decent “creme” from them, hence the machine.
    Still good mind, use it quite a lot we do.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Stovetop.

they don’t make espresso coffee though.

GaryLake
    Free Member

they don’t make espresso coffee though

No but you can achieve a similar extraction ratio and all for a few quid. Worth a try before forking out, it’s what I did and actually, the Mokka pot has yet to be replaced.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Depending on your attitude to risk it might be worth trying secondhand. I got one of these
    on fleabay for £80 four years ago and have been really pleased with it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about espresso coffee machines’ is closed to new replies.