Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • TDF: course change. Galibier out.
  • Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/fr/avant-course/actus/ahc/etape-20-modane-l-alpe-d-huez-par-la-croix-de-fer.html

Doing the Croix de Fer twice in two days (in each direction though) instead because the tunnel du Chambon is not going to be open in time after the landslide earlier this year.

Anyone going down? I’m driving down over a few days over the course of the week and might try and catch something of stage 19 as we can’t make the Saturday.

mugsys_m8

Cette histoire est vraiment le merde pour tous et pas pour que le tour. Ce n’est pas encore fini!

scaredypants

La plume de ma tante est dans l’arbre avec le singe

natrix
    Free Member

La plume de ma tante est dans le jardin

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

avez vous un sandwich avec Fromage et Jambon sit vous plait?

imnotverygood

DOES ANYONE HERE SPEAK ENGLISH!!!

Bloody foreigners

belugabob
    Free Member

le singe est dans l’arbre

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&v=x1sQkEfAdfY&gl=GB[/video]

bigG
    Free Member

Le singe est dans l’arbe

13thfloormonk

We’re on holiday there in 4 weeks time, current plans to ride the Galibier and the Col d’Izoard slightly scuppered!

mugsys_m8

They’re talking about checking the integrity of the dam because it is very likely that a significant amount of mountain is going to be in the reservoir very shortly… All this after all the money they are spending further down the road at Sechillienne, where Mont Sec has been falling for years and risks to dam the entire valley.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You can still ride the Galibier, just not from Bourg. Lauteret to Galiber is open as is Telegraph to Galibier.

Haze

Changes to the Marmotte route also for anyone doing it…

13thfloormonk

Blazin-saddles, yeah, we had looked at other routes from Bourg, just don’t think anyone was up for the distance/ascent required, although I haven’t actually figured it out myself, will be using the Fred Whitton as a benchmark! 8)

Edit: 200km and approx 4000m of ascent if you take the easiest possible route from Bourg-la Chambre-Galibier, so only slightly worse than the Fred 🙄

Edit edit: 4660m of ascent…

tragically1969
    Free Member

13thfloormonk

Izoard from anywhere other than Briancon would be awful, the Lautaret is souless from Briancon side and busy as hell climbing the other side (best only in decent from Galiber to Bourg)

tragically1969
    Free Member

Changes to the Marmotte route also for anyone doing it…

It looks pretty tough now, Glandon, Lachette de Vernier, Col Du Mollard, Croix de Fer and the Alpe at the end *shudder*

slowoldman

Je ne regret rien.

DaRC_L

Ni le bien qu’on m’a fait, Ni le mal tout ça m’est bien égal

Haze

Izoard from anywhere other than Briancon would be awful

Climbed from the South and descended into Briancon, worst day ever on a bike…

tragically1969
    Free Member

Climbed from the South and descended into Briancon, worst day ever on a bike…

Yep, as I say, **** awful, majestic scenery, crap road, must be about 20 mile of uphill crazy caravan, lorry, french driver dodging hell…….

If you have a car drive to Briancon and do the classic Izoard route from there, you will thank me in the end.

mugsys_m8

About 800 0000m3 of rock is going into the reservoir this weekend ‘they’ predict. On Marmotte weekend as well. Sooo tempted to go and watch it happen as I work in Geohazards…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘TDF: course change. Galibier out.’ is closed to new replies.