• This topic has 60 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Tanks!
  • LeeW

We’ve had aeroplane and flying boat threads but I have to admit I’m quite partial to a good old MBT, I had the good fortune to have a play with Leopards in Singapore and must admit, If I was 8 years old there would be a poster on of one on my bedroom wall.

Pigface
    Free Member

The thought of facing something like this is terrifying, it has a brutal beauty about it though

wrecker
    Free Member

I once utilised an obscene amount of plastic explosive on one of these;

It pretty much disappeared aside from some of the track which remained in the crater where the tank used to be.

globalti
    Free Member

Two goldfish in a tank. One says to the other: “How do you drive this thing?”

stevied
    Free Member

cokie

bails

Drac

Pyro

Northwind

alexpalacefan

You’re welcome.

APF

stevied
    Free Member

Aliexpress “Popular sexy tank top for men” 😯

Northwind

There was a strange tension in the air. Our O.P. had spotted concentrations of vehicle borne Infantry and Mark III German tanks moving left behind the cover of Grandstand Hill.

In burst Dawson. “Come on,” he said. “There’s ****ing Germans on the other side of this hill and nothing in between them and us! I want you, you, you, you and you,” his finger stabbed in the directions of the victims. “Small Arms, outside now,” and he was gone. Led by Major Chater Jack, the party climbed Grandstand Hill. We at the G.P. got straffed by a lone ME 109. “The bastard,” I said. “Get his number, we’ll report him for wilful damage.”

‘Geordie’ Liddel replied on the Bren gun, but was miles out.

“You’re a good shit-house orderly but a lousy shot,” we shouted. How Liddel complained about our references to his humble job. “It may be shit to you, but to me it’s bread and butter,” he said. As darkness fell, the O.P. reported a German patrol had ‘winkled out’ a Gunner O.P. to their right. Chater ‘advised’ our O.P. to withdraw half a mile and go back at first light. A listening post-cum-O.P. was placed forward of our guns. We had a report that ‘Tiger’ tanks were in our area, they weighed 90 tons. How in Christ could we stop them! “Simple,” I said. I held up my hand. “Tiger Tanks—Stop.”

Stoner
    Free Member

Cokie, Spencer was a tender engine based on a Gresley A4, not a tank engine.

You’re welcome

CountZero

Pigface, you think that’s terrifying, facing one of these in one of those, the crew would poo themselves!

In fact, this one would probably punch holes in the Tiger you’ve posted up, and it’s a Skoda!

CountZero

Hunted turned hunter; Firefly, British upgrade of the standard Sherman, with a chuffin’ great gun added! It’s the M4A4 medium tank with a 76mm gun, a very effective Panzer killer:

You want a heavy tank, this is a heavy tank!

The Tortoise, 79 tons, 33ft long, 13ft wide, 9ft 10ins tall, carried a 94mm, 32 pounder gun!
    Powered by a RR Meteor V12 producing 600hp.
    Only six were ever built.

CountZero

Always likes this MBT, the Swedish S-Tank or Stridsvagn:

It’s amphibious as well, got a diesel and a gas turbine, 37mph maximum road speed, and a Bofors 105mm main gun

MSP

Quite as few of my workmates seem to be clocking up hundreds of hours on war thunder.

grey

Love the S-tank, also love the Chieftain MBT 🙂 .

Kuco

Not my pic but went by a couple of these the other year and I don’t know what was more impressive the size of the tank or the low loader that was transporting it.

I’ve always liked the M1 Abrams

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

‘Ow you say in Russian, “YEEEEEEEHAW!”?

T90.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

How you say in Hebrew, ‘YEEEEEHAAAAA!’
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/F9iEuz]merkava3bgv3[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Merkava.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

stevied
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/104tQfcK1sI[/video]

Tank busters:

Frankenstein
    Free Member

ChrisL

Worst. Tank. Evar:[url=https://flic.kr/p/isoKrX][/url]

Kahurangi

Here’s a Leopard with the driver training cabin fitted

Northwind

WARPOPE IS COMING!

CountZero

Northwind – Member
    WARPOPE IS COMING!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Northwind done did a funny! 😀

rickmeister

Our local tank collection… Lots regularly driven around…..

Personally, I’ll take the Schwimmwagen…

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjJAG3Lz

Klunk
    Free Member
    grahamt1980

Firefly was an amazing Tiger killer, trouble was when they got close enough to shoot first.
    There was a reason the sherman was called the ‘Tommy cooker’

Klunk
    Free Member

finest battle tank for 20 years, considering the shocking ww11 fare to come up with this when the war was won.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

You’re all officially weird. Although now have actually seen a waropopemobile I’m seriously cracking.

jamj1974

rickmeister – Member
    Personally, I’ll take the Schwimmwagen…

Me too. Always loved them.

swanny853

Not strictly a tank, but it’s on a t-72 chassis so i think it counts- the bmpt terminator is what happens when you ask an 8 year old to make a tank better. MORE GUNS, MORE MISSILES!

Cletus

My dad served in the Royal Tank Regiment in the post war 1940’s and had some good stories about British tanks particularly during his time training at Bovington Camp in Dorset

He cut his top lip whilst commanding a Churchill tank and going over a ridge.

He also had a soft spot for the Honey tank (M3 Stuart) as it was small and relatively fast so good fun.

He also was familiar with the Centurion

and Conqueror tank which was pretty luxuroius for the crew (as tanks go).

Thanks op – brought back some nice memories of my dad

mogrim

Not exactly a tank, the StuG III:

P20

T34 on iplayer: http://bbc.in/1s0i0e5

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Tanks!’ is closed to new replies.