Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Talk to me about Electric razors
  • bruneep

Eldest son (15) wants a electric razor for Christmas. Need one that is capable of removing face fluff, he’s tried to wet shave but always ends up with a slashed face.

I’m wet shave man so know bugger all about them.

Budget about £100. whats good?

B

stumpy01

I bought an expensive Philishave one (£150 reduced to £75) – it was cak.

My Dad has always used Braun and swears by them. Probably should have listened to him!

druidh
    Free Member

Braun.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I have had Braun and Philishave.
    Found the Philishave better than the Braun but both completely sht!e compared with any wet razor.
    Don’t get me started on how good a Merker with decent blades is!

P20

Braun. Half price offers at boots online at the moment too.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Phillishave.

andygreener

I have one of the philips artitec ones. I think it’s great.

Cougar

he’s tried to wet shave but always ends up with a slashed face.

What’s he using?

When I was a teen, I regularly cut myself to bloody ribbons and assumed it was just me, wanted an electric shaver.

Got a shaver, it sucked. Turned out, what I needed to do was stop buying Bic disposable razors and buy a Sensor.

Markie
    Free Member

I can recommend calling http://www.shavers.co.uk/ and asking for advice. The electric razor they sold me earlier in the year is fantastic – and they warned me off the two more expensive models I was considering as not being necessary for a once every two days shaver like myself!

FWIW, mine is a Panasonic and the foils system really works for me and my previously sensitive skin – no irritation at all right from the first shave. Although my wet shave razor was an Azor so I may have deserved all the irritation I got.

bruneep

Bit dubious of the Boots half price offer, they are no cheaper than anywhere else really. Certainly not half price.

He uses Mach 3 and king of shaves gel.

Garry_Lager

Phillishave are OK. None are as close as a proper shave but they’re a lot kinder to my skin.
    It’s hard to really cut yourself with a modern gillette blade (or whoever), the ones with the lubricating strip. The bic disposables are another matter (me old man manages to use them nae bother).

Cougar

He uses Mach 3 and king of shaves gel.

With respect, have you / has anyone shown him how to do it?

busydog
    Free Member

I have one of the philips artitec ones. I think it’s great.

Same here, although have to admit I have never found an electric that does the job of a wet shave/blade
    Guess I’ve gotten lazy

bruders338
    Free Member

I brought an electric razor for only the fact to hopfully save a little in the long run i have now had my braun for just over a year at first was really ruff on the face but after a few shaves i got used to it.
    so i use my electric razor everyday for work but i do have a wet shave if i’m off out on the town just purely because it is a better closer shave.

braun all the way and with nice offers on at the moment.

bruneep

yes 🙄 yes 🙄 and yes 🙄

But a 15yr old knows better than me how it should be done WTF do I know about it?

Cougar

Let the fecker bleed, then.

(-:

ourmaninthenorth

If he’s only sporting bumfluff, then most electric shavers will do. I use Philips – nothing fancy, as I’m not very hirsute (on the face) – and it works fine. No idea of the model.

With skin as oily as mine, wet shaving is an invitation for my skin breaking out like a 10-shermans-a-day teenager….

bruneep

Let the fecker bleed, then.

Will do!

grantway
    Free Member

I use to use electric shavers but always given me a terrible rash
    But bought an Phillips electric shaver that pumps out Nivea cream
    and no rash and gives a dam good shave.

globalti
    Free Member

Philishave have pinned their technical flag to the rotary cutter mast whereas Braun use reciprocating cutters. Never having used a Philishave I can’t comment on the difference but I do believe they are quieter. In the end it’s a blade passing behind a thin foil screen so either way I expect it works just as well. I’ve only had two or three Braun shavers in my life and I’ve been shaving for over 35 years. Get one that’s rechargeable so that he can use it unplugged from time to time if necessary.

Do look at the cost of replacement foil and cutter sets because Braun are damned expensive and not much cheaper on Ebay. Shaver cutters are the biggest scam ever.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Electric razors’ is closed to new replies.