Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)
  • Superbowl Sunday
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Who’s staying up to watch the “Greatest Show on Turf”?

Where’s your money going?

I of course being an ardent Steelers fan will be rooting for the Black (well white on this occasion) n Gold!!

Chili dogs at the ready, . . . . Go Steelers!

Steelers 27 Packers 24

Pigface
    Free Member

Well I cant abide Ben Roethlisberger so going for the Packers.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Can someone please explain why there are only two teams that play the Supebowl?

yossarian
    Free Member

I like the steelers and the packers so not too fussed, as long as its a decent game!

31-17 to the steelers

southernsteel
    Free Member

I’be only been watching since the play offs started and I’m really into it now. It has meant alot of late nights though when I probably should have been doing work (student). But all the work is done for now so I will definitely be watching the superbowl. I think the Steelers will win but it’ll be pretty close. Missed the probowl though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Come on the terrible towels.

All nighter for me!

How can anyone hate Roethlisburger anyway? He’s 9 and 2 in his play off career. There was one game this season where he was all but broken in two and still won the game for them.

Close call but the Steelers have the experience.

LHS
    Free Member

Can someone please explain why there are only two teams that play the Supebowl?

Same reason for the FA cup.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

GO PACK GO!
    Not sure I’ll be able to stay up tho…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Watching the superbowl is like watching rugby; a bunch of big blokes thumping the crxp out of each other. Skill level:1 Brawn level:5

Most types of football are pretty boring to watch IMO. If your team are winning, it’s all good. If they are loosing, the whole event is depressing.

I witnessed this and people watched at a large gathering when England were playing someone or other last summer. Everyone was really stressed then pixxed off after the final whistle blew. Why bother? It’s just a game! Why pick a passtime that has only two, or perhaps three outcomes? Chances are you will have a bad experience week after week. And that’s supposed to be fun?

Spectating is a passtime of little complexity, or one where you can have any interaction. If you enjoy being part of a rowdy rabble and get some sense of “belonging” when in a group who have whipped themselves up into a frenzy, good luck to you.

I really don’t understand the widespread fascination with these sports. It’s a complete and utter mystery to me!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Proper old school match up, lots of running … none of that nancy passing rubbish…. least turn overs/controlling the line of scrimmage… wins it.

I hope Steelers…. because of the Steel Curtain… I used to play cornerback

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“I really don’t understand the widespread fascination with these sports. It’s a complete and utter mystery to me!”

Go away then and comment on something that does interest you…..rather than boring us

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Well I cant abide Ben Roethlisberger so going for the Packers.

He’s a reformed character, 😉 don’t you know . . .

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Skill level:1 Brawn level:5

Epic fail 😉

Proper old school match up, lots of running … none of that nancy passing rubbish

Not sure about that, . . . . both teams are going to try and run it, in theory the Packers will be giving up on it first, as they haven’t got much of a ground game to talk of and the Steelers can’t be run on.

Rodgers and the Pack will have to try and win it through the air.

If we have success running Mendy and Red, and can keep it 50 pass/50 run we should win.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Epic fail

+100

Epic troll fail from Sponge 😆

Spongebob
    Free Member

Hahaha, so funny – The passion people have about something of no significance whatsoever!

LHS
    Free Member

something of no significance whatsoever!

Excellent self-description there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Apologies for getting your name wrong. Remiss of me.

I’d say Superbowl XLV is just a but significant.

Now if I was passionate about Spongey, then you could accuse me of wasting it on something insignificant.

Go and piss on someone else’s thread son.

weedwizard
    Free Member

I would like the see the Cheesehead’s win. But I think the Steelers will be to strong for them .

Macgyver

gonna have to be a packer backer due to the inlaws coming from those parts!

orena45

Speaking of Epic Fails…the Black Eyed Peas are the half time entertainment this year 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I say, . . . . . they’ll be none of that, . . . . .

actually there won’t, . . neither the Steelers or Packers have cheerleaders! 😐

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Genuine question, Why on the ring that the winners get does it say World Champions?

mogrim

Why on the ring that the winners get does it say World Champions?

I’m guessing they’re the best in the world at the sport? Unless you can think of any real rival?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Not National or Superbowl champions?

chewkw
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow – Member

I say, . . . . . they’ll be none of that, . . . . .

actually there won’t, . . neither the Steelers or Packers have cheerleaders!

D’oh! Well, I will still watch it hopefully …

Junkyard
    Free Member

Spectating is a passtime of little complexity,

You seem well suited to it then

Why on the ring that the winners get does it say World Champions?

No one else used to play it so they were????
    Why do they call it football when only 1 player out of the entire team kicks the ball?
    Perhaps Americans are not that great at describing things?

I wont watch it. The highlights are ok but just too stop start for me when it is live

fatboyslo
    Free Member

GO GO PACKERS !!!

I’ll be staying up to watch the Pack take the Lombardi trophy back home

Ro5ey
    Free Member

whateverhaveisaidnow

I honestly dont know that much about the current teams… a young family see me to bed way before the football kicks off on a sunday night… I was just hoping it would be a nice close, edgy, defensive game.

What I do know is…this game should have been played outside in freezing conditions with snow piled up around the out field… lord knows they have enough snow in those northern parts at the moment.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Developed from Rugby football . . .

American football can be traced to early versions of rugby football. Both games have their origin in varieties of football played in Britain in the mid-19th century, in which a football is kicked at a goal and/or run over a line.

American football resulted from several major divergences from rugby, most notably the rule changes instituted by Walter Camp, considered the “Father of American Football”. Among these important changes were the introduction of the line of scrimmage and of down-and-distance rules.

2 players normally kick the ball, the punter and the kicker, even Ben Roethlisberger a QB has punted the ball this season.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Oh the Pack has cheerleaders!… they just sit in the stands and drink lots of beer [wink]

mrsgrips
    Free Member

or rather 😉
    Quite a few of them have beards tho…

Pigface
    Free Member

How can I hate Big Ben well three alleged sexual assaults is top of the list. That and he is a cock in IMHO 🙂

chrisdb
    Free Member

Pack to edge it. Rodgers will step it up after last week.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Really looking forward to it. I have a selection of salted snacks already, and i’ve booked Monday off work.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

+1 CaptJon

5lab

I’ve got a few mates coming round. Should be good. Its annoying the beeb aren’t showing it in HD though 🙁

Hadge
    Free Member

Go Cheeseheads – hate Pittsburgh as I’m a Dallas fan so I’ll stick with my NFC side of the coin.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m a Dallas fan

Well a big fat LMFAO at you then.

😆 😆
    😆 😆
    😆 😆
    😆 😆 😆

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ve got a few mates coming round. Should be good. Its annoying the beeb aren’t showing it in HD though

I thought they were. I’m sure they mentioned it on the play off highlights shows. But then if this wind continues I won’t be getting any tv let alone HD.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘Superbowl Sunday’ is closed to new replies.