Viewing 35 posts - 241 through 275 (of 275 total)
  • stw peaks pootle 27th march
  • konage
    Free Member

O.k Pook will give it a go , should be entertainin for everyone else anyway .

Mister-P
    Free Member

Definitely NOT riding this weekend. I am working at a bike demo day down at Bedgebury.

Pook

another regular out!

:O

Mister-P
    Free Member

It means that I won't be able to give Tom a lift up either so you could be two riders down.

slowrider
    Free Member

mister p is my usual chauffeur so if anyone from nottingham or who passes m1 j25 has a spare seat in return for petrol money id be very grateful 8)

hora
    Free Member

Phew- Im still hot to trot (keeping my knackered Lyriks for the weekend/sending them off on Monday).

sambob
    Free Member

skiprat, keep them. sell them to someone who has the money for them, i wont for atleast a month im afraid, sorry about that. give me a bell if you still have them then though 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

pook, by mam tor descent do you mean down to hollins cross and down from there or is there a secret one i dont know about? wondering because i went up to hollins cross yesterday and it was absolutely horrible, really deep mud on all but the rocky bits.

Carbis

Is it ok if I tag along? Coming from Notts so can collect slowrider on the way if necessary.

thepodge
    Free Member

Its an open invite, anyone can join in

slowrider
    Free Member

nice one carbis 😀

Pook

Carbis – you're more than welcome!

Pook
    Hora
    Sambob
    Hp_source
    Lyons
    Kingofbiscuits
    Podge
    Jackthedog
    TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR
    Beckykirk43
    Slowrider
    Twang
    Forge197
    MarkB
    Swampi
    James
    SkipratsBro
    Thisisnotaspoon
    Bobbyspangles
    Tjr666
    Konage
    Dale
    Ourkidsam
    DenDennis
    Matthew_h
    Piemann
    Carbis
    Chris Nunns
    Lee Murfin
    No_eyed_dear

Sam – there's a drop from Mam Nick to Edale. Technical and fast, but I can guarantee someone will fall off!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Oh, you can probably count me in too! …this sounds like something I could do (on my 33rd +1day birthday) 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

Probably count me out, hopefully I'll be booking my Japan / NZ flights that morning

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Okay… I've scanned up and down this thread, but am no wiser: when / where are we meeting? 🙂

DenDennis
    Free Member

^
    I believe its Edale car park at 10am Sat 27th. please correct me if i'm wrong, Its somewhere on the thread about page 5!

sambob
    Free Member

sounds right to me. got some new flats today, same colour as my bike 😀

Carbis

Slowrider, I have mailed the e-mail address in your profile so you can let me know where / when you want collecting for Saturday.

Paul

hora
    Free Member

I believe its Edale car park at 10am Sat 27th. please correct me if i'm wrong, Its somewhere on the thread about page 5!

Yes look out for this guy in the carpark. Dont recognise him? Look out for someone falling off his bike there..

bobbyspangles

cannot make this ride now, riding on sunday instead. hope to make the next one.

ride hard.

Pook

Riding on sunday instead???? Surely that should read as well

😛

Saturday 27th, 10am Edale car park.

And Hora – I don't look like Charles friggin Dance!!!!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Well my Blue Pig is fixed now so I may tag along too if that's OK, hangover from Friday night allowing

Pook

hangover from friday night imperative.

🙂

hora
    Free Member

jamesgarbett I can't remember a time that I HAVENT started a ride with a hangover. Hateful things.

Pook

or indeed finished one sober eh Hora?

hora
    Free Member

A girl in our office bought me a bottle of Jägermeister. She'd never tried it before so we had a shot each….at 7.30am 😕

Pook

29 on the list….. bets are open

I say 22

thepodge
    Free Member

DenDennis
    Free Member

Travel question- could any of you regulars please reccommend the best route that time of day driving from north Nottingham? thanks

lyons
    Free Member

wont be coming myself now….

Pook

If you set off early enough Den, up to Chesterfield, Bakewell, Calver, Grindleford, Hathersage, Hope, Edale.

Alternatively,

M1 to Sheff, A57 to Ladybower, then Bamford, Hope, Edale.

DenDennis
    Free Member

cheers, pook

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

I say 27

28 if we count Skiprat in his support van with your big red bulbus thing Pook.

I agree you look nothing like Charles Dance.

Hora
    I`m one of the Camo jacket gang now !!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Haha, sounding good, although I've not ridden a bike off road in 6 months so will be keeping the faffing/cake to riding time ratio firmly towards the cake end 😀

matthew_h
    Free Member

Annoyingly I'm now going to be a no-show. Just been doing a lower leg service on my forks and having them opened up they're borked. Looks like they'll be off to TF for some love but they're not going to be ready by the weekend.

One day I'll actually manage to make one of these rides.

Viewing 35 posts - 241 through 275 (of 275 total)

The topic ‘stw peaks pootle 27th march’ is closed to new replies.