Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 275 total)
  • stw peaks pootle 27th march
  • Pook

We're not on about the Holly Golightly woman are we – we're on about the mysterious vanishing woman near the hedgehog crossing?

hora
    Free Member

Pook, wierdly she bought the car after seeing it for 5mins on a dark rainy night in a hotel carpark and handed over the readies. I dropped off the car at her farm (next to where we saw her) and then had a ride around Hebden. They never came to my address to see the car. How trusting is that? They also didnt ask to see any ID to confirm that I was the actual owner and not someone who had nicked the keys/V5 in a burglary.

skiprat
    Free Member

I will be out for this one due to my hand looking like this the week before: –

Looking forward to it…….not 😥

hora
    Free Member

Is it your 'action' hand?

skiprat
    Free Member

yes…………. 😥

hora
    Free Member

Why is it always the hand/arm that you use the most. I know its instinctive to put your dominant arm into dangers-way first but still. I remember the last time I spannered my good arm, everything was a pain. I dribbled coffee down my chin, wiped across the cheek 😯 and dropped things repeatedly. Im not jealous 🙁

skiprat
    Free Member

Its because its my "action" hand that i'm having it done. Sitting at a computer most of the day clicking a mouse has resulted in carpal tunnel. Operation is only 5 mins long but think i'll be off the bike for a couple of months after. Will be on the turbo to try and keep my legs working but with the cut being on the palm, i won't be able to apply pressure until its healed up.

Roll on the summer…

hora
    Free Member

skiprat- Ive no experience or expertise but have you had a look at bar ends? Someone on here must have experience of ergo bar ends (carbon ones etc) that could alter your hand pressure/position for most of your first rides back?

james
    Free Member

"Whats the beast?"
    'the beast' is a shortened version of 'the beast of hope cross' as its the hardest of the descents from hope X I think

" back up beast"
    Erm, would it not be better/easier etc to go along the reservior edge (SE) for a bit and up the straightish fireroad and up toward win hill (but once out the trees turn right down toward the roman road rather than climb toward win hill – ie the same as on the december hagg fm/beast/gores fm/derwent edge ride)

skiprat
    Free Member

Got some ready to go. Feel funny at first but will use them to start with. Will be ok when the op is done. Maybe i just need to some new longer travel forks to take the edge of stuff. 😉

skiprat
    Free Member

Just for medical reasons…or thats what i'll tell her indoors!!!

Pook

James – I was/am considering that.

adey205
    Free Member

nice one pook. timings impeccable again! i'm "darn sarf" with the rellies
    😥

Pook

Adey – I'm after a pines trip soon though

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

Yep I should be good for this one.

hora
    Free Member

You'll have to ride twice as hard to make up for the missing skiprat 😉

slowrider
    Free Member

james, i was thinking that, its a footpath i think but ive seen rangers on there and they have never minded.

pook, i dont know the descent from the roman road to hope, is this on or off road?

Pook

off road. it's called hope brink. We've a choice – either the descent ot aston or the descent down hope brink to the back of hope.

I reckon the aston drop will be more fun

the climb up from ladybower is permissive. Local knowledge on that one

hora
    Free Member

Pook will you be bringing 'Christine', the car possessed by a Poltergeist? 😯

thepodge
    Free Member

My wife wants to know if your cycling lady friend will be doing any pootles cos boys smell

Pook

christine will hopefully be coming depends on if she can get exorcised tomorrow.

Cathy may do some rides but I'll have to ask her.
    Podge, can you measure your bike for me, from back of back wheel to the stem? Want to know if mine'll fit in a room with the front wheel off

thepodge
    Free Member

Cool,I'll let her know its a possibly.

Back of which wheel? Your frame is the size up from mine so might not be the same measurement. Also I can't measure it till tomorrow eve.as I'm no where near it

thepodge
    Free Member

Nobs the writing on this phone is too small… back of back wheel.

hora
    Free Member

Pook, if your car isnt fixed maybe you should buy this? It'd probably prove more reliable for you 😉

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-cheap-peugeot-306-car-automatic-manchester

Podge, have you tried driving round with your boot open? (re the squeak). I bought my 'new' car this weekend and it squeaked like crazy. Figured out it was rubber-stops between the C pillars and the hatchback- re torqued the bolts and hey presto!

Pook

Mine's getting looked at today. Podge, don't worry, I went on the spesh website and got some approximate sizes. I think it will fit….

adey205
    Free Member

sounds good. we'll have to get our heads together for that one
    struggling to get on here at the moment as pc's gone down at home, using one at work when i can. 🙁

thepodge
    Free Member

I've got used to the squeak more worried about the steering & unreliable imobaliser at the mo

Oh and the wife is in London that weekend so I'm clear for takeoff… well for the ride anyway

james
    Free Member

"its a footpath i think"
    If you match them up on an aerial photograph against an OS map (for on bikemap, gmap pedometer, etc) they don't really match up
    The V graphics book uses it as part of some routes

Even if it is/was you* can still push your bike up it so it wouldn't make much difference ..

*not you specifically

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

Hora
    I had an idea, Skiprat could meet us at different stages of the ride and bring hot drinks and cakes.
    Then he is sort of doing the ride

i`ll have to get a camo jacket to stand in for him as well.

Pook

I like that idea.

He'd be like a support car. He could bring me spare parts. And carry my big screwdriver.

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

Yep thats a good idea i`ll put it to him tonight.

slowrider
    Free Member

nice one. i use thattrail all the time but thought 30 of us trudging up it on a weekend might be pushing it. if we ar allowed then fair do's!

sambob
    Free Member

pook, if you give skiprat the screwdriver, wont he be in the possession of a dangerous weapon? at least you have a reason for it 😉

Pook

No he'd be my mechanic

hora
    Free Member

No he could be my stunt double.

thepodge
    Free Member

james – Even if it is/was you* can still push your bike up it so it wouldn't make much difference

Not true, well its not in sheffield

taken from the sheffield ROW website

What are known as “usual accompaniments” may be taken on all Public Rights Of Way, such as dogs under close control, pushchairs or mobility scooters. Please note, however, that you have no right to push a bicycle along a Public Footpath.

james
    Free Member

Is that backed up by anything? Or is it said anywhere else?
    How about carry a bike? or pull it along? (rather than push)
    Do you have a link to where that came from?

You're allowed a mobility scooter along a public footpath? How do they get over stiles?

thepodge
    Free Member

why would it need to be anywhere else or backed up by anything? its the council ROW policy.

i'm not sure if Derbyshire council has the same rules as Sheffield but a bylaw is a bylaw.

james
    Free Member

As in, is there anything other than that line on a council website, something that shows it in law rather than just that. It strikes me as odd that the council just decide the law?

Pook

Back up the beast then?

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 275 total)

The topic ‘stw peaks pootle 27th march’ is closed to new replies.