Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)
  • STW Northern Peaks Chapter Pootle – Marple, Sat 9th Oct
  • nbt

As per the suggestions on this thread, does anyone fancy a ride? Pootle pace (i.e. you're welcome to scoot off as fast as you like, but you'll wait at the top / bottom till everyone catches up and catches their breath), all comers welcome. Date is fixed, Sat 9th Oct – Location is likely to be Marple, exact starting point and time to be confirmed when we have a better idea who's coming.

Any volunteers to stoke the tandem for me?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I would, been meaning to john you guys for a ride for years! Alas, it's juniors 3rd birthday, having it a reddish farm

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I'm interested. In the ride not being the stoker. Based in Sale so if anyone in S.Manchester is struggling for a lift I can help out.

Andy

hora
    Free Member

I'm in pending if I can remember what weekend I'm going Karting. Will double-check.

slowrider
    Free Member

sounds good nbt, bagsie not stoking though.

i was going to enter that farmer john race you told me about but ended up at gawton for the weekend instead. did you go?

ive never ridden around marple, whats it like? should be easier than the last one with my nooo light bike anyway lol.

as always, anyone from notts/ passing m1 j25 want to offer me a lift in exchange for petrol money/ dirty favours?

nbt

Farmer John's was great, we went on the Sunday to watch the day race as we were out on the saturday at a BBQ. pics here

Hora, dropping out already? really? you surprise me, honest 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I've been told to keep a day free for karting but in my usual style that day could be in Sept or Oct but I'm shit at remembering things 😀

Hang on, (me out- it is that day- I thought it had a familiar ring to it) 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

What's the deal with Farmer Johns, can you just turn up and ride? Is there stuff there suitable for the mincecorelite crew? 🙂

ton

jules…………..you got a long seatpost to fit on the tandem?

sambob
    Free Member

I'm in. And i might even stoke for you if you ask really really nicely 🙂

Naranjada
    Free Member

Hey, that sounds great …the last one (from Sett Valley car park) was a really enjoyable day out, count me in.

I'm sure the route's sorted Jules, but is Roman Lakes a good place to start …what with the loos, the car park, the cafe and easy access to some nice riding?

hora
    Free Member

Oh great, I've now got a exciting thread about a ride ontop of my 'watch' list. Cheers ya buggers 🙂

ironbrucove

I think you can count me in Jules, been ages since i rode over your side, nothing on the calendar apart from the club hillclimb so any excuse to get out of that mile and half of pure suffering.

nbt

grum – Member

What's the deal with Farmer Johns, can you just turn up and ride? Is there stuff there suitable for the mincecorelite crew?

no, you can't turn up and ride, you need to be a member and speak to Farmer John – it's on private land and is chained up when not in use. I have considered playing there though, there's plenty of smaller stuff for "jeycore lite" riders like me 😉 Drop me a mail and I'll pass on detias if you like. You fancy playing out on the group ride Grum? you know Mrs NBT suffers too so the pace will be appropriate

ton – Member

jules…………..you got a long seatpost to fit on the tandem?

Sadly not Tony, but…

sambob – Member

I'm in. And i might even stoke for you if you ask really really nicely

Winner!

Naranjada – Member

Hey, that sounds great …the last one (from Sett Valley car park) was a really enjoyable day out, count me in.

I'm sure the route's sorted Jules, but is Roman Lakes a good place to start …what with the loos, the car park, the cafe and easy access to some nice riding?

We started the last Northern Chapter ride from Roman Lakes, it'll probably start from there again, I just need to get a feel for who's coming and what the weather's going to be like so I can plan an appropriate route

funkynick

I'll need to make sure I haven't forgotten I'm doing something else (ie. ask the other half), but I'm up for a bit of a pootle…

slowrider, if I make it then I'll be able to give you a lift as well.

Now, where's Marple? *goes off to find map*

grumm
    Free Member

nbt – thanks for the info, will send you an email

You fancy playing out on the group ride Grum? you know Mrs NBT suffers too so the pace will be appropriate

Would really like to but sadly I am working that day (in Nelson of all places 🙁 )

sambob
    Free Member

I can stoke as long as you can accommodate someone 6ft tall. I need to get used to SPDs then 😆

slowrider
    Free Member

nice one funkynick 😀

BadlyWiredDog

Yep, if I'm around, that sounds like a plan, but I want nothing to do with your evil tandem, thanks 😉

Popocatapetl

Count me in please NBT! New baby arrived last friday, so should be allowed a day out by then!

terrahawk
    Free Member

kin ell. Relentless 24 that weekend so I'm not here.

sambob
    Free Member

Can i see a picture of my possible deathmobile? Congrats Adrian 🙂

lowey

Dang. Cant do Saturdays, plus I think I may be riding in Kirkby Stephen the nest day.

Have a good one.

nbt

sambob – Member

Can i see a picture of my possible deathmobile?

Congrats Adey 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Hmm. Wonder if Mrs & Baby North will let me out by then. I'll check nearer the time.

Tom

hp_source

Could well be up for this too, always good riding around there.

Cheers.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Just by way of a change I cannae make it…. guess I'll just have to flag up another Marsden centric ride (c/w the Mrs' home made soups etc…..) for a few weeks time…. Maybe's this time i'll even finish the ride 😉

Have fun – I certainly enjoyed the last STW ride you ran from round there!

piemann
    Free Member

Yes please Julian (the ride, not the stoking….I'm too scared) 😉

Andituk
    Free Member

Just don't take anyone with a family history of depression, the full range of pot noodle and the children's play area might push them over the edge 😀

sambob
    Free Member

Nothing to do with the photo but can I change my mind? As somewhere I haven't ridden very much I would quite like to do it on my own bike. I've probably ruined your plan now 🙁

Bunnyhop

Sambob – 6'? Have you grown. You are indeed very sensible not riding the tandem. As the chief stoker , my nickname is monkey, ooooh aah, oooh aah, eeeek as we descend anything. Or climb for that matter 🙂

Congratulations Adey. Is it a boy or girl?

sambob
    Free Member

Only an inch and a bit since the last one 🙂

Popocatapetl

A boy! "Max" weighing in at 5Lb 10 oz. Born friday morning at Stepping Hill, 4 weeks early. Mum and baby now home and both fine! See you all on the 9th (on my Fuel ex not the Tandem!) 8)

sambob
    Free Member

Bump, in case people haven't seen this that would quite like to 🙂

DeeJay
    Free Member

All being well I'm in – missed out on 2 of nbt's previous rides and I have'nt been to the Peak District this year so hopefully I will make this one.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

If the good lady can handle the twins, I'm in…I'll bring cake to this one as well…the wifey got somethin going atm with chocolate swirl sponges with loads of raspberry jam. It's sapping my will to…get off the sofa 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

I'm a possible.

nbt

Looks like we should have a Malverns / Chilterns contingent coming too, we'll have to show them how it's done up here: proper riding, proper banter (piss-taking optional) then proper cake 😀

higgo
    Free Member

and King pot noodle.

sambob
    Free Member

Hopefully we won't have to show them proper bad weather 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Peaks Chapter Pootle – Marple, Sat 9th Oct’ is closed to new replies.