Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dr STW diagnosis… knee pain/twinge after a ride
  • psychle
    Free Member

Went for a longish ride today, nothing too arduous, just an 80km odd MTB road ride in London taken at a reasonably leisurely pace (avg 23km/hr). All fine on the ride, but now I've cooled down I have a sharp 'twinge' in my left knee – it's in the front, just below the kneecap, worst when I'm climbing stairs or rising up from a squat, fine to walk on…

just a little sore from my first 'long' ride in a while, or something I should look into before continuing my MM soloist build-up? Not had this before, so unsure what it might be…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Tennis Elbow.

psychle
    Free Member

yep, could be…

dmiller
    Free Member

Saddle up? Sorted my knee bother. After i ignored everyone telling me this for a year! Fud that i am…

dawson

I have had this too since Christmas, left knee, fine while riding, but after the ride and a day later, shocking pain in my left knee – it goes after a day or two.

Saddle height hasn't changed, but I did fit a new chainset at Christmas time, and I reckon the slightly different gearing (bigger middle chain- ring) has caused it – it might be the cold too – it wasn't bad at all after last weekends ride – the ambient temperature wasn't as low

dr_death
    Free Member

Patella tendonitis….

Try saddle a smidgen higher.

psychle
    Free Member

I thought the saddle was a little too high to start with tbh… I think I need to get my bike setup all sorted out (also having issues with 'numb nuts' as well), definitely a few things to sort out before I start really putting in some kilometres..

dr_death
    Free Member

Hmmm, it's usually caused by saddle too high…..

If seat already high try shifting it back a bit. Do you spin or grind?? Spinning better, grinding worse.

(You could just have overdone it over the last few days. Try just having a couple of rest days and see if it settles. If it recurs with every use of the bike it either needs a change of set up or a longer rest, unfortunately these things are sometimes tricky to get to the bottom of. You need to use the bike to see if it is that but you need to rest it if it is that, these two are mutually exclusive….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

hypochondria ? I have it real bad 🙁

willy
    Free Member

i have similar pain, and so does a friend, however its agony to go on the bike also, thing its maybe because mine is worse…. called bursitis, personally and for my mate required a long time off the bike, lack of core strength, sports massages help.

if you push hard on the place is it really sore?
    do you ideally need to do stairs like a 5 year old to avoid pain?
    is it really really sore to ride your bike once you start feeling the pain?

could be that? i hope for your sake its not cos i **** hate it havent rode my bike for a month!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dr STW diagnosis… knee pain/twinge after a ride’ is closed to new replies.