• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stephen Fry articulates everything I think about God [new video]
  • wwaswas

and so much more eloquently then I ever could;

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo[/video]

The whole premise of ‘why should I believe in (or even accept) a God that allows (indeed created) the world to be the way it is’ goes to the heart of my feelings on it.

And this is without adding the behaviours of the various people claiming to lead their God’s church on earth.

jam-bo

I don’t really think about God much.

GregMay
    Free Member

Interesting to see Gay Byrne* looking quite uncomfortable 🙂 Great answer though.

*interestingly I’d used to meet him a lot while out riding on my trails at home. One sneaky trail ran right behind his house, he was always happy to see us using it. Nice bloke.

jimjam
    Free Member

I wish he’d stop sitting on the fence and just speak his mind.

Good to see oul Gay is still alive.

Lifer
    Free Member

Bad stuff = Satan.

jimjam
    Free Member

Lifer – Member

Bad stuff = Satan.

But if God crea…….

wwaswas

I think the ‘eye fly’ can be laid firmly at God’s feet can’t it?

No one said Satan was able to create new life forms and it can’t have evolved due to creation being a thing?

mega
    Free Member

as smart as he is – it’s nice to see Mr Fry also uses the “childs face” argument to make a point

jimjam
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

I think the ‘eye fly’ can only be laid firmly at God’s feet can’t it?

As too can the ‘penis fish’ 😈

Klunk
    Free Member

he’s probably using the “child” thing as a rebuttal to the paying for your sins defense the church uses for god inflicting misery on mankind.

crankboy
    Free Member

Klunk that is the point no Christian God as described would create a world of such evil ergo no Christian God as described exists. The whole bad stuff is down to Satan is also the flawed our all knowing all powerful God created Satan as an Angel and cast him out of Heavan there by giving rise to evil but Satan never had the power to create life so parasites viruses and genetic defects all lay at the door of God or evolution and natural selection.

slowoldman

I wonder why he bothers. There is absolutely no evidence to support the existence of God and hopefully sentient beings with a few braincells can see that invoking God to explain unknown phenomena is idiotic.

Those who can’t see that have faith.

jimjam
    Free Member

crankboy – Member

Klunk that is the point no Christian God as described would create a world of such evil ergo no Christian God as described exists. The whole bad stuff is down to Satan is also the flawed our all knowing all powerful God created Satan as an Angel and cast him out of Heavan there by giving rise to evil but Satan never had the power to create life so parasites viruses and genetic defects all lay at the door of God or evolution and natural selection.

One thing I find very interesting is the way that “Satan” has basically evolved over time to become an antagonist of God/Jesus and how christian churches have adapted his name,image, deeds to suit their needs for a scapegoat.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The best thing about God and Satan/Angels and Demons is that is gives the film/tv industry lots of storylines…

His view is spot on – if there is a god he is a t8sser anyway, and definitely not worthy of any form of gratitude or worship.

Not that there is one…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

“Until Stephen Fry’s spiritual blind eyes are opened he will say what he has said, because he has said what he has said he has only confirmed what the Bible teaches.”

“He has been an asset to the church cause, enabling us to know that the Bible is true.”

How does Stephen’s words confirm that the Bible is true ?

rambling Rev Ian McNie

Drac

Because God gives kids cancer, it’s not mutating cells.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stephen Fry articulates everything I think about God [new video]’ is closed to new replies.