Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Spesh Demo – is this a good deal ?
  • loughor
    Free Member

Never owned a DH bike, and realistically have no need of one, but this seems a good deal ? Any opinions, thoughts or experiences much appreciated. Sorry, some of the text may be in Chinese and illegible on your computers. Thanks again.
    Jon

http://www.28bike.com/classifieds/detail.php?id=72174

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It's a pretty good price, yes. It's a decent specced bike too, but be aware it's a few years old and that type of bike is built to be ragged silly!

Bear in mind you've got to factor in postage and that yo can get a really really nice Big Hit, brand new, for £1499 and get the lovely back up of a warranty…
    (Personally, I'd love a Big Hit 🙂 )

tinsy
    Free Member

PP it says it's unused… A bargain for sure, they look a lot nicer than the old shape Big Hits dont they.. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tinsy, if I still had my own bank account I'd probably be buying that today. I really fancy one, but I'd probably only use it twice a year! Love that blue, too…. 🙂

Like my Pitch on steroids, that. 🙂

loughor
    Free Member

Thanks Guys. This is a popular 2nd hand website in Hong Kong, where I am based. Your comments are much appreciated, I may go and see the bike at the weekend, just out of curiosity, of course !!?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks Guys. This is a popular 2nd hand website in Hong Kong, where I am based

Ahhhhh! All becomes clear! Could be a good deal for you then! 🙂

What's the riding like in Hong Kong, as a matter of interest?

loughor
    Free Member

PP – Actually, there's a fair selection. The Hong Kong Mountain Bike Association website is good if your interested – HKMBA.org
    Jon

loughor
    Free Member

Gonna have a look on Sat, any history on this frame/bike, good or bad ?

loughor
    Free Member

Aaargh, got the urge to add to my bikes big time. On the same website, also found this, so my question is which would you go for (the price works out very similar)

http://www.28bike.com/classifieds/detail.php?id=72260

Once again, thanks for any opinions whatsoever.
    Jon

Rickos
    Free Member

Jedi from here uses a Demo 9. They're big weighty beasts more in the freeride vein than downhill racing, I believe. The Demo 8 was the race bike.

nols
    Free Member

Demo 9 is a downhill bike that just happens to also be really rather good for freeride, or what freeride used to be. Tony (Jedi) and I run Demo 9's with 24 inch rear wheels, they can however be set up and run relatively light. Arguably one of the best pedalling big bikes ever made.
    The demo 9 came first, the demo 8 was a much cheaper bike to make for spesh…

nols
    Free Member

Just had a look at the first advert you posted. Looks like he's had a replacement rear subframe. Might even be a Demo 8 subframe, if thats the case I dont think it will have full travel. Jedi can clarify when he's back from Glentress…

scruff
    Free Member

I bought one of those Bighits from Rutland Cycles, they are proper brand spankers with warranty etc. Well pleased with it.

pic courtesy of tenyearsafter.

st

And so far despite his mighty girth Scruff's big blue thing between his legs is still going strong after that ickle drop.

chakaping
    Free Member

Never owned a DH bike, and realistically have no need of one

Might be worth dwelling on this a bit and thinking about whether you'll actually get the chance to ride it anywhere.

I built up a new-old Big Hit last year because it was super-cheap – but it was way too heavy for me and no use on anything flat or even gently sloping.

Have sold it and got a Lapierre Froggy instead, which has an inch less travel and pedals a lot better. Should be much more useful for the kind of riding I'm actually likely to be doing.

One of them new Big Hits might be a better option than the old BH or Demo.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Spesh Demo – is this a good deal ?’ is closed to new replies.