• This topic has 291 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by richc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 292 total)
  • Sometimes religion doesn't just invite ridicule, it positively begs for it
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Nudity on mountain caused an earthquate apparently.

Apparently the nudity had ‘angered the spirits’ thus causing the earthquake.

First one to say ‘this thread is useless without pictures’ wins nothing.

wwaswas

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

“nudity is useless with pics” now about this thread…

@wwaswas Yip it’s amurkil alright, that these people actually live long enough to put down their thoughts.

IanMunro
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEGtHTbh1E[/video]

ktaylor
    Free Member

And yet the study of complex, dynamic systems suggest it is perfectly reasonable for the initial act of disrobing to climax in an earthquake. Perhaps there is wisdom in such ancient beliefs!
    😉

mark90
    Free Member

Nudity causes the earth to move in this house 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ian if you’ve ever given an energy drink to an already high energy five year old, you will know that energy drinks truly are the work of satan.

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

Harry_the_Spider
    chewkw
    Free Member

It looks like my hometown is in the news. :mrgreen:

Whether you consider there is such thing as spirit is irrelevant as the saying goes enter Rome and join the orgies eh …

Mount Kinabalu is considered sacred by the Kadazan/Dusun tribe and the group was actually warned / told by the guide not to strip off or to show disrespect to the mountain area. I mean they were even urinating on the mountain which is a no no.

Consider themselves “lucky” they did not anger other tribal people who are not as docile by comparison and may cause them bodily harm.

I mean if they want to go naked please go to Magaluf or even the toon, we like to see naked people in the toon here yes we do, where it is the norm for tourists or go to some exotic islands with orgies but definitely not in North Borneo.

Oh well … next time they might want to try Saudi Arabia to see what will happen.

Please respect the mountain and try not to treat it like a rubbish dumping ground like Himalaya Mountain. Have you seen the amount of rubbish there! 😯

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’m of a thought that those bunch of ramblers are positively begging for ridicule too.

grum
    Free Member

geetee1972 – aren’t you the one that gets all shirty whenever anyone criticises christianity/the catholic church? Their beliefs are no less ridiculous.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

One cannot underestimate how stupid people can be. It’s almost like they’ve gone out of their way to cause offence.

slowoldman

Equalled only by the stupidity of Westerners thinking it’s OK to behave as though they were back home.

DezB
    Free Member

First one to say ‘this thread is useless without pictures’ wins nothing.

I’ve seen the pics. She’s not even naked. hmph

jambalaya
    Free Member

This has little to do with religion. We have laws in this country against public nudity too.

I’ve been to the top of Kinablu and to Angkor Wat and at no time felt it necessary to get naked ! This is just a ridiculous internet fad, like planking but less amusing and more likely to have you end up in jail.

They should send these tourists to jail for a month, give them a big fine and then deport them. This plus massive publicity to ensure other tourists are not encouraged to do the same. Their guide asked them not to, they igniored him and then tried to check out of the hotel immediately (no showers etc) and make a run for it as they knew they had caused offense.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Equalled only by the stupidity of Westerners thinking it’s OK to behave as though they were back home.

You can get naked anywhere you want in the UK either as that ex army guy knows, hes spent most of the last 8 years in jail.

munrobiker
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4859439334/

I’ve been doing this for years.

And widdling on them-

http://www.scenicpees.com

If the apocalypse comes to the UK today you can blame me!

beinbhan

Posting on Facebook or whatever wasn’t the smartest move

chewkw
    Free Member

I don’t get it why go naked? Is that a new trend in the look at me, look at me I am shy culture? 🙄

Edit: those pics of naked backsides … why? What a disappointment? FFS show your front? Are your bush not trimmed or something is not really proportionate in size? Loose muscles? 😆

alpin
    Free Member

i’m surprised there aren’t more floodings, landslides and lightening strikes here in Germany…. i went for a walk last week and stripped off at the top and enjoyed some full-bodied rays of sunshine. i’ll leave the rest to your imagination…[/url]DSC_0970 by sod_the_taxman, on Flickr[/img]

quite liberating.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sometimes you just get so excited by mountains that you need to take your clothes off. Well, at least I do. No one else sees it (except for those on the facebook group), it’s quite liberating.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

Seems like there was tw4t there with dreads…..a white guy, which to me instantly spells bell end, but thats by the by…..he has a blog where seems to do this kind of thing all the time to ‘challenge local cultures and beliefs’ ‘at 33 and a perpetual back packer’

He sound s like the sort of chap you wouldnt need much of an excuse to give him a punch on the nose!

munrobiker
    Free Member

While I’m not normally an intolerant person white people with dreadlocks does make me want to unleash some violence.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ferris-Beuller – Member

Seems like there was tw4t there with dreads…..a white guy, …

munrobiker – Member
    … white people with dreadlocks …

😆

alpin
    Free Member

this reminded me of the time mate and i rode down the hill and were confronted by this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uujagj]DSC_0336[/url] by sod_the_taxman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/udhq9T]DSC_0332[/url] by sod_the_taxman, on Flickr

as you can see Micky was most happy.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/uuJSz6]DSC_0334[/url] by sod_the_taxman, on Flickr

best bit was having to walk within a few feet of them in order to get down to the river so that we too could enjoy the cooling effects of ice cold water. its effects were needed, she was HOT!

(have uploaded the highest resolution i could) 😉 right click pic.

chewkw
    Free Member

alpin – Member

this reminded me of the time mate and i rode down the hill and were confronted by this:

best bit was having to walk within a few feet of them in order to get down to the river so that we too could enjoy the cooling effects of ice cold water. its effects were needed, she was HOT!

If I were there I would walk right up to the photographer and stand behind for a good look at the model … obviously I would ask for permission first. :mrgreen: I want bush!

geetee1972
    Free Member

geetee1972 – aren’t you the one that gets all shirty whenever anyone criticises christianity/the catholic church?

No, I’m the one who gets shirty with the hypocrisy of one group furthering their agenda at the expense of another claiming that it is ‘equality’.

Their beliefs are no less ridiculous.

I agree.

This has little to do with religion. We have laws in this country against public nudity too.

It wasn’t the laws against nudity I was thinking were a bit ridiculous. Rather it was the idea that nudity had ‘angered the spirits’ and thus caused the earthquake.

As for laws against nudity, I was reading a story last week about a nude cycle ride and how one individual had apparently got a little too ‘excited’ and was arrested for public indecency. But the report said there was no specific law againt nudity if it wasn’t causing any distress (where here it was the ‘excited’ nature of the group’s ‘member’ that was causing the offence).

Trimix
    Free Member

I climbed that mountain in 1989, near the top is a refuge we stayed in. It has a toilet.

Just where do they think it flushes to when you use it. There is no sewage pipe all the way down the hill !

grum
    Free Member

No, I’m the one who gets shirty with the hypocrisy of one group furthering their agenda at the expense of another claiming that it is ‘equality’.

Ah, I was right the first time then.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yeah sort of

chewkw
    Free Member

Trimix – Member

I climbed that mountain in 1989, near the top is a refuge we stayed in. It has a toilet.

Just where do they think it flushes to when you use it. There is no sewage pipe all the way down the hill !

The question is did you smell sewage discharge? If they simply discharged the shit all over the mountain the whole place would stink to high heaven but I did not so where did all the shit go? 😯 Think I was there in 1983/4 …

wwaswas

where did all the shit go?

God knows.

chewkw
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

where did all the shit go?

God knows. [/quote]

Indeed a mystery to me when shit disappear. 😯

konabunny
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in other religious news: Christian couple will divorce if gays can get married

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/christian-couple-vow-to-divorce-if-samesex-marriage-is-legalised-20150610-ghl3o6.html

thestabiliser
    Free Member

If a bear poos in the forest and nobody’s there, does it make a smell?

MoreCashThanDash

Of all the strange idiocies highlighted by this story, the local tribes peoples religious beliefs was not high on my list.

Good to know that the UK university system is producing such high quality graduates.

chewkw
    Free Member

thestabiliser – Member
    If a bear poos in the forest and nobody’s there, does it make a smell?

The question is what does a bear poo looks like?

As a kid I picked up goat shite as I thought I found new organic marbles to play with … they did not really smell that much as I broke them in half then give a sniff … 😆 Then bingo! Something alerted me that they came from the backside of goats when I saw the goats producing those “marbles” in front of me …

munrobiker
    Free Member

Good to know that the UK university system is producing such high quality graduates.

Can you not be naked and smart?

convert

To be fair, I can see how it could cause an eruption…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 292 total)

The topic ‘Sometimes religion doesn't just invite ridicule, it positively begs for it’ is closed to new replies.