Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • So, who doesnt shave?
  • I don’t and I’m glad to see the back of it. Not had a wet shave for years, I just clipper my stubble every few days. Actually, I had to the other week when I forgot my clippers working away. My face felt horrible after.

My head is just as easy too 🙂

GrahamS

Wet shave once or twice a week in the shower. That’s all.

Currently sporting a 5 day protobeard.

creamegg
    Free Member

Haven’t had a wet shave in years. Trim with clippers once a week to ten days. Have better things to do with my time… like having an extra 5 mins in bed in the mornings!

lambchop
    Free Member

Full beard for nigh on two years. Hairy and proud.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I love a good wet shave. Let it grow for a few days then shave the lot off. There’s a Turkish barbers in the town who does the full on cut throat jobby. Not cheap but feels really nice afterwards.

And my ten year old daughter doesn’t shave.

Stoner
    Free Member

exactly the same as graham (not together mind)

wet shave once or twice a week in the shower if I have to smarten up. Can go for 2 weeks between shaves.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

5 days growth ain’t anything near a beard, you need at least 3 weeks before it qualifies. Anything else is jst bum fluff. And Im like Desperate Dan, i get a 5 o’clock shadow at 9 in the morning.

emsz
    Free Member

mingers 😆

Do you shave emsz?

kiwijohn

Last full shave was for my wedding 2 years ago. Now it’s a number 4 with the clippers & a tidy up if I need to look smart for work.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I use clippers set at 5mm every few days… I count it as shaving.

emsz
    Free Member

Of course

legs pits bits, all done regularly, unlike you lot 😆

Mounty_73

I use to shave every day (work), but now I just shave when I need/want to, I just love the 2 day stubble feel & look 🙂

So now it tends to be about twice a week. I did try and grow a beard, but after about 3 or 4 weeks it was just driving me crazy, so it came off !

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

couple of times a week, often longer

MRanger156
    Free Member

Clean shaven twice in the past 8 years. Beard trimmer is the way forward.

I trim my chest, pits and bits, obviously not a full shave. My Mrs just likes some stubble on my face – makes up for a lack of hair on my head

GrahamS

bikebouy: seasick steve?

Funnily enough my mates accused me of looking like him when we were at SITS.

Admittedly I had the cap, but only a whisper of a beard compared to that bad boy.

samuri
    Free Member

I really like being clean shaven. If I have time in the morning I’ll really take my time and get my face baby smooth.

Beards? Well, there’s something wrong with those guys. WHAT HAVE YOU GOT UNDER THERE!!?

scuzz
    Free Member

Wet shave twice a day. I’m just so fresh and clean. 😀

GrahamS

If I have time in the morning I’ll really take my time and get my face baby smooth.

Makes it easier to apply the foundation and blusher?

samuri
    Free Member

Sometimes I just sit there stroking my face.

GrahamS

And sometimes Bubba does.

“I wish I could tell you that samuri fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that…”

emsz
    Free Member

Thing is lots of men with beards try to make out that they don’t care, that they’re above the whole “fashion” thing and their such rebels, thing is my loves your just as bad as any-one else, it’s a look, it’s a statement, it’s fashion.

trying too hard. Plus you look like you’ve spent the night behind the bins at Tesco 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

I shave on a Sunday before work on the Monday, or if I have the Monday off I shave then.

Then again on Wednesday and that does me for the week.

Might have to shave on the weekend if the missus complains about scratchy face, or if I’m going out and need to look smart.

Wet shave every time

ski
    Free Member

I only shave, when I can taste what I ate the night before on my stubble!

Proper minging me 😉

scuzz
    Free Member

Is the ‘dad beard’ sill common? How many of you have grown a beard for the first time shortly after becoming a dad?

GrahamS

it’s a look, it’s a statement, it’s fashion.

The only statement I’m making is “I can’t be arsed shaving”. 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hair clippers on grade 1 all over head and face once a week. Minimum maintainence man!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Plus you look like you’ve spent the night behind the bins at Tesco

OMG – this is soooo my look right now. I even use product in my hair to give me bed head.

I go from well coiffured to tramp in 30 mins.

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Beards/facial hair takes years off! I shave 6 times a week, my facial hair goes a nice shade of Ginger and Grey so I like to hack it off.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Say it loud, I’m ginger bearded and proud!
    Haven’t wet shaved for, um, 9 years I think. The length, style and appearance of the beard changes with my moods, and now winter is getting close I will be letting the full winter plumage develop through ’til March time.
    This was early last Winter-

GrahamS

Well I’d shave if I was ginger… 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Surprised to see how many other lazy shavers there are – once or twice a week for me too (though I’m going to have to try the clippers next time I “need” a shave – shaved yesterday, so that’s a few days away).

trying too hard.

Exactly the opposite in fact!

momo

I haven’t had a wet shave for about 6 years now, I have one of those fancy adjustable beard trimmers so have a tidy up every few days.

GrahamS

Surprised to see how many other lazy shavers there are

You’re surprised that the folk slacking off work at 9:30am are too lazy to shave regularly?

I think the sample may be self-selecting 😀

ditch_jockey

Thing is lots of men with beards try to make out that they don’t care, that they’re above the whole “fashion” thing and their such rebels, thing is my loves your just as bad as any-one else, it’s a look, it’s a statement, it’s fashion.

Damn right! I take great care with my scruffy old rebel image; clippers a couple of times a week, tidy up the margins with a razor. Probably takes more time than wet shaving, but who cares?

sobriety
    Free Member

I developing my winter coat, hair not cut since august – check, only a weeks growth on the beard though, as I shaved it off after having (proper) flu, should be suitably bushy by Christmas…

D0NK

The only statement I’m making is “I can’t be arsed shaving”.

+1
    Beard trimmer when it starts getting abit too messy, definitley leave it longer during winter tho. Did have 1st wet shave in ages a few weeks ago, over-rated.

gonna have to grow a beard at somepoint, just coz it’s a bloke thing I guess, wouldn’t fancy being a full time beardy tho (and my mrs would complain).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘So, who doesnt shave?’ is closed to new replies.