Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • So whats everyone doing to keep fit over xmas?
  • organic355
    Free Member

Just wondering what everyone is doing fitness wise over the Fat festive period.

My Monday Badminton is cancelled until the 9th Jan (Gym shut).
    Karate is cancelled as of next Saturday (gymn shut, instructor away)
    and I wont be commuting to work.

My right arm will get some excercise lifting the odd xmas tipple, but need to work something else in when I cant get on the bike due to bad weather.

Got a skipping rope, could give that a bash inn the garage, and I suppose theres nothing stoipping me doing some stretching and basic karate stuff, or should I just succumb to becoming a few pounds heavier over the next 4 weeks? make burning it off in January all the more fun?

rossi46
    Free Member

Mince pies- the heavy ones, lifting one into ones gob takes a bit of effort.

rossi46
    Free Member

My right arm will get some excercise

Im glad you added

lifting the odd xmas tipple

😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Not succumbing to the commonly accepted orgy of over eating and excessive drinking.

LHS
    Free Member

Skiing Xmas Day – New Years day being heavily offset by some filthy good wine, port and lots and lots of cheese.

thepurist

Same as usual – out on the bike unless it’s truly, horribly, minging. In the pool 2 or 3 times a week for hockey, and not shovelling food into my face like it’s the last time I’ll ever be able to eat. Unless anyone leaves an unguarded bowl of pistachios nearby.

Edric64
    Free Member

I will be doing the same as usual and not bother with Xmas so will be out on the bike on the 25th then in the pub and home alone for some peace and quiet(well until the GF turns up in the afternoon)

Jamie
    Free Member

Nothing. I will just start 2012 as fattie.

klumpy
    Free Member

I’m doing the Witley MCC (day after) Boxing Day Enduro!! 😀

I’m going to die, aren’t I… 😯

toby1

New running shoes due in today (not really bought for Christmas just because the old ones wore out) so yeah, I’ll be getting out on foot when I’m not commuting into work by bike anyway.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m going to intermittently fast every night.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Nothing. I don’t drink, so its only the food i’ll be stuffing into myself.

Racing cx on Boxing Day, so i’ll probably puke up my xmas dinner then 😕

Drac

Same as the rest of the year.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll be out robbing people’s houses of all their Christmas pressies, whilst they’re out at church or parties and that.

Keeps one nimble, climbing though windows, shinning up drainpipes and that.

rocketman
    Free Member

Off to a friend’s holiday home in darkest mid Wales Tuesday after Xmas for a multi-day orgy of biking, hiking, beer, curry & sex

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Oh not much.

Thur 22nd Lunchtime run Thurs mtb sess: Isolated legs up the trail (30sec left/30sec right/30secrest), spin ups back down (30sec on / 1min off) (it’s an oldie, but a goodie!)
    Fri 23rd long ride (6hrs steady)
    Sat 24th bike sess: fixie/singlespeed hilly loop for as much time as you are allowed.
    Sun 25th Run (if you are allowed) EAT!
    Mon 26th Burrator boxing day run OR/ MTB session: Hour of power 2x20mins with a 15sec standing sprint every 2 mins, (hold a tempo effort throughout entire 20mins).
    Tue 27th Park land circuits: a circuit set, followed by a sprint lap of the park. Be creative with your circuits – use the park furniture. Be there for an hour. Turbo spin: spin in an easy gear for 20mins at 100rpm+
    Wed 28th Easy ride 2 hours

surfer
    Free Member

Run every day. Run twice on days off!!!

Pre kids always did a 10 miler with some mates on the morning of the 25th then same as everyone else from midday onwards 🙂

Boxing day either another longish run or maybe a race if it fits in with the rest of the family.

Pieface

What Drac said

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve got a 5 mile road race on new year’s day. Hopefully this will be the year i finally crack 30min.

Hohum
    Free Member

Nothing.

I will just be accepting that my fitness will drop and trying to enjoy myself at what is really a horrible, dark and cold time the year.

Roll on summer!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

wot drac says

senorj

Off up to cumbria for christmas – so will fit a few rides in – snow/gale/floods permitting.
    Then off to Somerset for new year -I plan to explore the Quantocks and Exmoor. Hurrah.
    I dream of clear frosty mornings – the reality will more than likely be grim.
    I may get to spend a little bit of time with the missus.
    🙂

amplebrew

I’ll be cycling on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, unfortunately it will be cycling to work 😕

sobriety
    Free Member

I’m going to eat until I throw up, then fill my freshly voided stomach with whisky.

Oh and running, riding and chin ups.

binners

Scratching my arse and farting is about about as adventurous as its going to get. Actually, I’ll probably get some riding in as I don’t have to drive to get anywhere. Which is good as I intend to be permanently over the limit for 10 days 🙂

PARP!!

AlasdairMc

I’m starting early by riding my bike home today (7 miles into the wind…)

Christmas time, probably more walking in the mountains than biking as I’m off work.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

PARP!!

Sprouty?

mogrim

Take my running shoes to that London place, nothing like a nice xmas run down the tow path.

turboferret

Not really doing Christmas this year, so certainly won’t be overindulging in food.

Will be riding to and from work 2 weeks before Christmas, going to stay with a mate for the week before when we’ll be riding and running every day, and then off boarding for just over a week on 24th. Should keep me a skinny wee thing 🙂

Cheers, Rich

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Walking to and from the fridge, carving a big fat turkey, plenty of sprouts for roughage 🙂

binners

AlasdairMc – I hope you’ve got a tail wind. Its wild out there!

emma82
    Free Member

Same as always, not a lot, maybe Zumba/pole/walking and bike with a few friends. I’ve gone all healthy living now anyway so don’t reckon I’ll put on too much weight hopefully.

chewkw
    Free Member

eat less, sleep more and do nothing …

2tyred

Taking a selection of bikes to Arran for a week and riding them every day!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Same exercise as usual – cycling, running, weights and climbing. Usually run or ride on xmas day too.

lunge

Frankly, not much.

I will have a good blast on the road on Xmas eve but after that I have 2 days of eating a stupid amount of food and washing it down with real ale and port.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Hopefully riding the Bfe i’m just building (from parts mostly bought on here) especially for the festive season

that and greasing my drainpipes, exectrifying my door handles and booby trapping my windows in readiness for any unannounced visitors – such as elf.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This weeked – *** all to make sure this colds well and trully shifted.

Next week
    Monday, riding arround Swinley
    Tuesday, Trolls night Ride
    Wednesday, no idea
    Thursday, fly to Malaga and sleep
    Friday-Thursday Ride Downhill with http://www.switch-backsDH.com

After that I’ll probably need a break!

iDave
    Free Member

Won’t be eating shite food I don’t need and will be riding and running.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Not much at all. I always stay off the bike in December so apart from a bit of walking and decorating I intend to spend the festive season relaxing.

Of course if it snows I’ll be out on my bike like a shot as I bought some studded tyres during the summer and I want to give them a try.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘So whats everyone doing to keep fit over xmas?’ is closed to new replies.