Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • So… how much to fix my ridge tiles?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

In central Scotland.

One ridge tile has come off, it’s still on the roof and isn’t broken. However the whole ridge line looks like it needs redoing, suprised I’ve not had one displaced before now TBH.

Assuming the existing tiles can be re-used, how much am I looking at for the work?

joeegg
    Free Member

I paid £150 for all the ridge tiles recementing and some pointing at either end of the buiding on a long commercial property.
    If it hadn’t have been high up i would have done it myself.

vorlich
    Free Member

Hmm, that’s better than expected.

I wonder if all the roofers have tripled their prices following this wind. 😐

Next question: Can anyone recommend a roofer in the Dunfermline area?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    koolaid
    Free Member

Have lost a few tiles from our roof today in burntisland. Drop me a line and I can pass you some names of some roofers that do small works for us cadamarchitect(at)gmail(dot)com..

MrGrim

I’ve had the same in Dunfermline. Lost ridge tiles and several main roof tiles along with garage damage.. I’ll end up going through insurance as I’ve zero excess and not a lot of Ncb to lose due to a previous water leak. The braisby roofing guys live near me, I’ve never used them to recommend them. I’ve had a lot of cards through the door today and had to move the cars and van in case any more unstable tiles come down.

koolaid
    Free Member

Ditto on the insurance MrGrim. That’s what we pay the premiums for.

Take it you are in the C’hill area? Friend of Messrs Hardie per chance?

The Braisby boys are good but are suited more for the bigger jobs.

vorlich
    Free Member

Thanks Koolaid, YGM

MrGrim

Take it you are in the C’hill area? Friend of Messrs Hardie per chance?

Closer to the centre of town. Not friends with the guys, but do use the shop from time to time.

Lucas
    Free Member

Had 6 ridge tiles come off this morning, builder reckons about £140 to supply and fit new ones on Sunday…….seems alright to me

vorlich
    Free Member

Thanks all, those sort of prices sound better than I was expecting.

Expensive month so far – car ins, MOT, Service and Timing belt all needing done too 🙁

singletrackmind

I paid £180 for 4 hip tiles to be replaced .
    Was a pain as it was the middle section and the ones purchased were of a different length to the originals, so 1 had to be cut down .
    This is in Hampshire so maybe different rates to ooop north .
    Or i was stitched up , but they stayed on today so must have been a reasonable job.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So… how much to fix my ridge tiles?’ is closed to new replies.