Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • so anyone bought the… KS Lev yet?
  • sam_underhill

How is it working? Any problems?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Im massively waiting for one in 27.2 guise…..it looks nice just hope it doesnt have that ugly resevoir under the seat nose like the older one…..no pictures of the 27.2 yet but it doesnt suggest it will have …..im hopeful this one will be THE ONE ive been waiting for in 27.2mm

greeble
    Free Member

I’m waiting for one too. Though I can’t find anyone selling it in the UK

stewartc
    Free Member

Looking forward to it too but waiting for people to buy them, ride them, break them, get given the Mk2 version, ride them, break them, get given the Mk3 version….and then I will consider*

*happy KS950i user

sam_underhill

The internals are very similar to the current KS posts aren’t they. So just a different actuator (and the USP).

looks like the 30.9 (and 31.6?) available at the moment.

Rickos
    Free Member
    JoeG
    Free Member

I got one last week and have 3 or 4 rides on it so far. I got the 125mm x 31.6 version. This is my first dropper post. I was liking the Kronolog, but decided to go with the Lev once I read about the many issues with the Kronolog. The fixed cable was why I picked the Lev over the others on the market.

No problems at all; works as advertised. Note that they say NOT to use grease when installing the post in the seat tube, but to used carbon paste or anti-sieze compound instead.

While the remote lever is nicely made and works well, I’m not sure that I like it as I feel that I have to lift my thumb too far from the bar to activate it. I think that I like the position of the new Crank Bros lever better, but have only seen pictures of it; never got to try it for real. Or I may like the remote lever better with more time to get used to it.

The biggest issue is that I have to learn to ride all over again! The Lev made me realize just how lazy I have been when riding, butt on the saddle 99.9% of the time. So I gotta learn to ride standing up as the bike handles much differently than when seated.

Do you have any specific questions regarding the Lev?

anthonyb
    Free Member

where did you purchase it Joe?

wrecker
    Free Member

The german stores have them for around £200.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Also interested in one, thought about the kronolog but thats obviously a no goer. think i’ll hang on a couple of months or so to see if there are any teething problems..

JoeG
    Free Member

I’m in the US and got it from Bike Bling. I wanted to get it through the LBS, but they were not available from their distributor and they didn’t know when they would be available. I definitely wanted it for this summer, so bought from Bike Bling as they had a few in stock.

Edit: Mine was $329 + shipping IIRC, so 200 GBP is about the same.

turbo1397
    Free Member

When are they available in the uk?

JoeG
    Free Member

Wiggle lists them; 0 in stock but “ships in 2-7 days” or something like that.

sam_underhill

Superstar are listing them. They are the importers as well though aren’t they?
    Full rrp though.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

That wee presentation was excellent. If that post delivers as described it should be good. I have an i900R and an i950R. They are both really good, but could be lighter. The ability to easily release the cable from the post is a very good idea.

JoeG
    Free Member

Did another ride on the Lev today. I’m getting used to the remote lever, and I am starting to like it more than I thought I would.

So far, so good!

M6TTF
    Free Member

What are the issues with the kronolog?

avdave2

Don’t you know who makes it? 🙂

Stevelol
    Free Member

M6TTF search pinkbike for their review to reveal the ugly truth.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tick, waiting for the 27.2 at a decent price.

FuzzyWuzzy

Fitted mine yesterday, only had one ride so can’t really report anything other than it goes up and down as expected :p
    Fitting was easy, only panicked slightly when it mentions a flexible noodle in the instructions (there wasn’t one in the packet) but found an install video that shows them creating this from the extra outer cable you cut off. Not 100% it’s needed either as it’s just for the barrel adjuster, I guess could be handy if the cable stretches.
    It’s also a bit of a faff if you want to add air pressure or change where the cable anchors as you need to take the seat off to get to it but the seat clamp isn’t especially fiddly (would help if you had three hands or at least small hands). Took me about an hour in all but that was because I was being super-careful not to do anything dumb when cutting the cable down.
    I got the 385mm/125mm drop version and my fag-packet calculation made me think that would give me 4 or 5cm extra beyond the minimum insertion but as it turns out it’s only just long enough so be careful if you run a lot of seatpost.

JoeG
    Free Member

I installed the barrel adjuster in the middle of the remote cable. Mine is located under the top tube; I don’t have braze ons for the remote cable, so I just zip tied it to the rear brake line which runs under the top tube.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Are the 27.2 levs available anywhere?? Cant seem to find any online

fathomer

I’ve only been able to find them on the German sites, currently debating over one myself.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Which ones?? Can’t even find it in stock. Are they bringing out a bigger drop 125mm??

thepurist

I’ve got to buy myself a birthday pressie and am torn between one of these & a Reverb. How are folks getting on with the Lev – any failures or play developing yet?

sam_underhill

No problems with mine so far. Probably a dozen rides in. No Play, just super slickness!

thepurist

Thanks, one more question…

Anyone know the shortest length of exposed seatpost you need for the 125mm version (ie. rails to bottom of collar when at full extension). I think the website says 200mm min insertion which should mean it’s 185mm but wanted to double check before splashing the cash.

Oh, and one more question – and good deals around at the mo?

sam_underhill

I measured it for someone on another thread. It worked out at 183mm (eyes / ruler / idiot depending). So yeah, 185 is about right, I wouldn’t want to be cutting it really fine.

Wiggle, with a discount code and quidco means mine came in just under £250.

thepurist

Thanks Sam – credit card now straining at the leash…

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Very exciting. If reports come back that it works well (and it looks like they’ve covered most of the bases where other posts fall down – pun intended), I might even sell the GD and buy one in 27.2
    mmmm….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone seen a 27.2 in the flesh yet? Or found a better 27.2?

honourablegeorge

sam_underhill – Member

Wiggle, with a discount code and quidco means mine came in just under £250.

That’s 80 quid more than the cost of a Reverb.

Northwind

M6TTF – Member

What are the issues with the kronolog?

It’s a Crank Bros product with a moving part.

fathomer

Onzadog – Member

Anyone seen a 27.2 in the flesh yet? Or found a better 27.2?
    I’m interested in this as well, though superstar told me they wouldn’t be available till later in the year 😥

fathomer

Searching around earlier I found this link posted on mtbr, a promising review if anyones interested.

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

Cheers for the link fathomer. “Somebody finally nailed it 5/5”. Couldn’t be more promising… 🙂

thepurist

FWIW I got one (30.9) from Germany a few weeks back for a good deal less than that Wiggle price on P1. Loving it so far & feels as solid as the Thompson it replaced. (Though having said that I expect the Karma gods will now come pay me a visit.)

MarkN
    Free Member

Let me take some of the Karma gods burden from you then. About 8 weeks regular use and no issues yet. Mine also came from Germany.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘so anyone bought the… KS Lev yet?’ is closed to new replies.