Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Smokers and public places in summer
  • hora
    Free Member

More a moan than a rant. So sat on a bench, wall, corner in the sun and about to enjoy my lunch and those dirty, smelling addicts decide they want to sit next to me.

At what point are you allowed to stop being polite/biting your tongue?

Is this what Summers going to be like. Smelling the fresh air then having someones addicted bi-product belched around you? Why don't we just eat our lunch sat on a traffic island then?

binners

MUST…. NOT ….. BITE………

MUST…. NOT ….. BITE………

MUST…. NOT ….. BITE………

MUST…. NOT ….. BITE………

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

hora
    Free Member

Stop smoking binners.

The future looks depressing and fat for all us blokes.
    The future for smokers looks bleak.

soobalias
    Free Member

you wanted it this way, now your moaning, again.

distinct correlation between a lack of nicotine and an excess of moaning about nothing.

samuri
    Free Member

Stop being friends with binners then and he'll stop sitting next to you.

I agree though, it's minging. And being ex smokers we have far more rights than everyone else so do one you dirty smell bags!

ken_shields
    Free Member

FFS…..every time the suns out someone does this post

nbt

For once, I agree with Hora. I think I need a shower now, I feel dirty. Still, won't be long before he espouses the opposite opinion

(ps Binners, I've no problems with you smoking, I just don't see why we should have to endure it 😉 )

benjamins11
    Free Member

Your right it does stink – but I guess its probably more noticeable now because we are not as used to smelling it all over the place now its banned in pubs. I wish it could be banned in beer gardens too but thats probably a bit much on the civil liberties front to be honest

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and an excess of moaning about nothing…

but stinking smerk innit ?

smokers should stand in the naughty corner while we throw fish at them [that died of natural causes before Junkyard chips in]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I sat ouside a pub in the sun yesterday afternoon, with 4 other smelly addicts.

They were MTBers and they stank of sweat, just as I did, becuase it was boiling hot and we'd had a great ride.

What's the difference?

Live and let live, mate. 🙂

tails
    Free Member

i like smokers they pay for the NHS.

soobalias
    Free Member

SfB, aw diddums, does it offend your nostrils?
    your opinions offend me sometimes, but im over it.

(welcome back)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

They were MTBers and they stank of sweat

in 14 years of biking I've never noticed that, except from discarded kit in the back of the car…

binners

Hora – As usual – you're missing the point. Its exactly because the future is so bleak, I'm deliberately trying to shorten my life. Given the age we're all going to have to retire at (probably around 97) and looking at how healthy my private pension is looking (I actually weep when i read my statements), I've no desire to make it past 60. Hence the fags, booze, drugs, Base jumping and random sex with South African prostitutes

Anyway……

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

aw, diddums, does it offend your nostrils?

actually no, I never go to places where smerkers want to be

Live and let live[b] die, horribly[/b], mate.

soobalias
    Free Member

oooh nice T-shirt.

do they do one in a lightweight wicking type fabric?

jon1973
    Free Member

What's the difference?

I'm not sure the smell of sweat is carcinogenic. 😉

Nick

Why didn't you say 'excuse me but I'd really rather you didn't let your smoke waft over me while I am eating, thank-you'.

I think the chances of success (if success is measured by an outcome that involves the removal of smoke from your immediate vacinity) are greatly enhanced by this approach than by the one you chose (if, as it appears, you chose keeping your gob shut, bottling it up and then inflicting it on this forum).

Geronimo
    Free Member

As a non-smoker and almost none of my mates smoke, since the 'smoking ban' came into effect, I've thankfully been spared almost all exposure to cigarette smoke.

Nowadays, when I am exposed to it, it seems to smell even worse than it did when it was more common-place. People used to smoke in public houses! How quaint it now seems.

Some may say "live and let live", but smoke spreads around fairly indiscriminately.

Maybe smokers should be required to use water-filled bongs that capture the smoke rather than open fires that they hold in their hands?

ps. I'm always surprised by mtbers who smoke. The two seem fairly at odds with each other….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I've no desire to make it past 60.

eeek, I have 2 years,11 months,18 days and counting till then…

coffeeking
    Free Member

They were MTBers and they stank of sweat, just as I did, becuase it was boiling hot and we'd had a great ride.

Do they not wash? Fresh sweat (even and hour or so old) doesn't smell.

hora
    Free Member

I've no desire to make it past 60.

Oh you will and past 70. Smokers seem to think they go out suddenly with in rude health and with a bang. Its more of a slide.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

So you want smokers to use the cold, wet, shitty garden outside the pub and as soon as it's nice out you want it back?

Tough titties

soobalias
    Free Member

handing out leaflets?

i will be starting a petition online about that.

hora
    Free Member

So you want smokers to use the cold, wet, shitty garden outside the pub and as soon as it's nice out you want it back?

Can't they just sniff glue instead? 😉

binners

You legally have the right to a smoke-free environment in every single indoor space in the country. I have the right to smoke outside only. You have a choice. I don't. This has come about to your incessant whining

So… to put no to fine a point on this…. How can I phrase it… erm, oh yeah…. **** OFF!!!!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Smoking is the most disgusting thing in the world IMO however….. people have a right to do what they want and when they want, if that annoys you then move to somewhere smoke free!

PnM

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Smoking is the most disgusting thing in the world

I saw 'one man one jar' yesterday. I think if you did you might change your mind

hora
    Free Member

I saw 'one man one jar' yesterday. I think if you did you might change your mind

Try two girls one cup. 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

people have a right to do what they want and when they want, if that annoys you then move to somewhere smoke free!

so long as it's outdoors, but that still doesn't absolve them from good manners, though smoking seems to take that out on the first puff 🙁

[simon is on shaky ground here, having never had manners to lose]

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Is that a mod comment or have you taken to talking about yourself in the third person?

samuri
    Free Member

People used to smoke in public houses! How quaint it now seems.

We watched the entity yesterday, one chap was smoking in a hospital! 😉

Still, I suppose it's more acceptable than watching your girlfriend being raped by a being from another dimension.

hora
    Free Member

Its the passive smoking. Its caused an alter-ego within an ego.

ourkidsam- would you get off with a reet fit bird if she smoked? I've been mulling over that and I'm afraid I may be a hypocrite.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It's pretty much a requirement

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Is that a mod comment or have you taken to talking about yourself in the third person?

it was intended to look like the former 🙂 And it was fairly objective.

headfirst
    Free Member

The ridiculous situation we have now:

'Let's go to the pub and take in the fresh air'
    'Sitting inside then?'
    'Yeah' 🙁

soobalias
    Free Member

when you stop driving a car i will consider more closely the pollution caused by my smoking, deal?

lol @ most disgusting thing in the world – get a grip.

hora
    Free Member

'Sitting inside then?'

Tis ok. you'll get the smoke blowing back in from the open doorway.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It's not the first place I'd think of for fresh air really

lowey

Having recently given up, I would like to stick the boot in also, but I wont cause I remember how much it annoyed me.

These, er, South African prostitutes you mention though….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Smokers and public places in summer’ is closed to new replies.