Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Smoke alarm with secondary alarm?
  • franksinatra

I need a smoke alarm for the garage, battery powered with a secondary, remote alarm so that it can be heard in the house. Been googling away but struggling to find anything, obviously not searching using the right words.

Any suggestions?

Ta

Edit – Sorry, wrong forum. It is to keep my bikes safe though so kind of right forum. ish.

andylux
    Free Member

Easiest way would be to have two wirelessly linked detectors. One in the garage/ shed and one in the house. Bq sell them me thinks.

Sidney
    Free Member

We’ve just had wirelessly linked alarms at home on ground and first floor, saved having to run a cable between them. Looks like they would be okay to a garage, though depending how far away may need a repeater unit.

andylux
    Free Member

I have seen exactly what you need which consists of the detector head which is wirelessy linked to a repeater handset that you could keep on your bedside / belt etc! I’m fairly sure it was by fireangel and available from bq. You need to consider the range between devices and any great building construction which may affect the wireless.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Smoke alarm with secondary alarm?’ is closed to new replies.