Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • slx shadow plus mech question
  • woodchip46
    Free Member

Looking at buying a slx shadow plus rear mech to go on a 1×10 setup (34t front ring, 11-36 cassette). Thinking the gs cage would be best, the description says it has a 35t ring capacity, i’m not sure weather that relates to the front or back rings and want to double check the gs cage will work on my setup, i’m pretty sure it will be fine but thought i’d check on stw before i press the buy button.
    Thanks.

svalgis
    Free Member

Get the Zee instead, essentially a short cage SLX.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Your set up needs a mech with a capacity of 25 or more (36 minus 11) so GS would be fine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RichieBoy
    Free Member

I recently fitted one of these and didn’t get on with it. Running 10 speed with a double and it seemed to make the chain tension up just enough to make the gears very noisy when down shifting.. probably ok with a single ring?

woodchip46
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

svalgis- Thought about a zee i’d want the 32t-36t ratio for my setup right??

nigelb001
    Free Member

+1 on the Zee, I’ve just fitted a Zee groupset on my hardtail. Its a nice rear mech and works absolutely fine with my 1×10 setup. Yes you will need the 32-36t version for your casette.

jkomo

Have you checked the Merlin prices at the mo.
    Cheapest I’ve found.

woodchip46
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ve gone for the zee.
    jkomo- Yes merlin is always the 1st place i check and buy from most, but have found the zee mech cheaper at JE James. Never used them before so fingers crossed.
    Thanks again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have you checked the Merlin prices at the mo.
    Cheapest I’ve found.

Rose Bikes are a fair bit cheaper for a full set up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘slx shadow plus mech question’ is closed to new replies.