Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • slot drop on one inbred brake set up
  • cakerider

Just putting together my back-up bike for solo @ Mountain Mayhem and am having a mare trying to get the rear brake set-up.

So I have a got a 2nd gen slot drop out inbred and am trying to fit shimano lx brakes and it is just not happening.

So any tips or obvious things I am doing wrong?

(all help very greatly appreciated)

TheBrick
    Free Member

do you mean they physically will not fit (becasue the mount is on the chainstay) or it’s the setup that’s the problem.

Elaborate please.

cakerider

They fit, or rather seem as they should.

But the mount puts the caliper too close to the top of the disc and this rubs on the caliper.

I am guessing it may well be user error

cakerider

ah, also trying to set up with 160mm disc – cheers

TheBrick
    Free Member

Are you sure it is the correct mount? For instance a 160 mm mount for the front is a 140 mm for the rear. A mistake I made once in a bit of a silly moment so I know it can be done. 🙂

If this is the case you may just need to find a different mount.

TheBrick
    Free Member

NB: I’m talking ISO mount here.

cakerider

Thanks, pretty sure it is the right mount as has come straight off another bike.

Looking at 160mm IS mount. Bugger!

alexpalacefan

shim it out with some washers?

APF

TheBrick
    Free Member

Another stupid suggestion but I guess you have also tried moving the calliper forward in the slots and the wheel back in trackend?

cakerider

Might be the only option, though a little concerned that on end of the caliper does not seem to get anywhere near being attached

cakerider

Super front of caliper shimming seems to have got it working, hopefully there is enough of a pad/rotor interface for effective braking.

Cheers for the help guys

jon_on-one
    Free Member

Cakerider… give us a ring here at On-One hq on 01709 386666 if you have any more difficulties- we know of similar problems and can definitely help 🙂

cakerider

jon – shimming the front of the caliper seemed to lift it enough so the rotor runs freely.

cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘slot drop on one inbred brake set up’ is closed to new replies.