Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Slik five
  • Lummox

Just given the five a facelift with some custom decals from slik graphics, £25 all in!

I think it looks bloody ace!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Looks much better than the originals.

Lummox

Yeh, the originals were the striped silver design which I hated from day one. Just had to bang it up a bit to justify the new ones

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Decals = Stickers

Northwind

Swingarm looks ace.

06awjudd
    Free Member

Any reason the shock is that way round? If not IMO it looks better the other way.

Really nice graphics though, reminds me of the patriot!

Lummox

Shocks that way round as that’s how I fitted it last time I swapped, no reason other than that.

And yes decals = stickers, but these are custom stickers

roverpig

Very nice. How easy was it to remove the original decals?

Lummox

It was a pain

I heated them up slightly and then picked them off, cleaned gunk off with autoglym tar remover then wiped over with isopropyl alcohol.

crikey
    Free Member

Still like a pig in lipstick!

Lummox

More like a turd rolled in fresh glitter 😉 but I’m a massive fan of the bike both looks and how it rides

davosaurusrex

Not usually a big fan of the five’s lines but that looks the shiz!

Are they a kit from Slik or did they make them to your spec?

Lummox

Asked them to make them, basically a patriot kit but with ‘five’ instead of ‘patriot’

Turnaround was about 2 weeks and they emailed me proofs before, really pleased

Sionwms
    Free Member

Very nice… I’m now inspired to tidy up my Orange Five with some different decals!!

nwill1
    Free Member

Very nice, I had similar decals custom made, £10 althought the front are standard, really fancy the ones you have upfront, maybe just the top tube one need to contact silk…

Here’s mine…looks really good…rides ace…Reverb arrives tomorrow…boom!

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/9951156/

Lummox

Definately one of the nicer ‘sticker’ designs orange have made, fits fine as well which was oranges concern about supplying me a patriot kit.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice, but not all their stickers are so classy.

Look, it’s Spider Man’s DH bike…

nwill1
    Free Member

Lummox…are they exactly the same size as the patriot ones or scaled down?

Lummox

that i couldn’t say as i’ve never held or seen a new patriot in the flesh, i’d imagine that slik can probably scale to fit other models.

i enquired after seeing some other stuff on their facebook page and they weren’t fazed by my enquiry

rickmeister

Slight hijack but on a tart – up theme.

If you put the work in to smooth the welds on a 5 frame to Cannondale smoothness, I think it would look a lot better… but…

Would it stay together….

(yep, Mrs Rickmeister owns one and it would be a good winter project whilst we have too much snow to ride)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Slik five’ is closed to new replies.