Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • single track in the forest of dean?
  • face-plant
    Free Member

hi can any one recomend any single track in the forest of dean i have heard rumours of a trail center, are these true can any one give me a web site or other info?

mokl
    Free Member

There are miles and miles of excellent singletrack in the FOD, and I don’t think I’ve even found half of the best of it yet. There is a small waymarked trail (The FODCA Trail)which starts by the bike centre; it’s fun for a quick blast, but technically very easy these days and also rather short. There is a good website with some OS maps on which has been started recently http://www.thefod.co.uk.

Are you visiting? I sometimes get down on sundays and can throw together a varied 4-5 hr loop no probs.

mokl
    Free Member

p.s. ideally hook up with someone who knows the Forest, or you’ll probably just get frustrated trying to find anything!

zangolin
    Free Member

I believe that Rowan Sorrell + his crew are going to be working on the Enduro Trail in the near future

face-plant
    Free Member

cheers mokl i am riding tomorrow, but thanks for the offer, i am sort of on a last ditch effort to find something interesting, are there any maps i can download buy etc that have trails marked on them.

sheldona
    Free Member

There are 100s of miles worth of trails there however you’ll need a local to you about as none of these are mapped or official!
    The area behind the cycle Center is the ‘allowed’ area, anywhere else in the FOD is not strictly for cyclists! Just follow your nose and you’ll find some good trails.

mokl
    Free Member

face-plant, check that website: http://www.thefod.co.uk

Also worth asking around at the cycle centre – either staff or other riders should be able to give you some hints.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘single track in the forest of dean?’ is closed to new replies.