Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Show us your powder coated frames !!
  • renton
    Free Member

Or painted for that matter.

Ive just got a secondhand frame im going to have coated but not sure on colours yet!!

show us yours for some inspiration !!

cheers

steve

angryratio
    Free Member

a Claud Butler frame i reinvigorated for commuting duties a year or so ago.

Local firm did it for 50 notes.

renton
    Free Member

any more out there!!!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Green with gold flake and forks are black with gold flake.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ral 1018 Telemegenta…

Crappy iPhone pic, but you get the idea..

🙂

chrisjnr
    Free Member

I’d be interested to see how this thread goes as I’m on the verge of restoring an old Maxlight frame I’ve just bought 🙂
    YoKaiser- did you do the respraying yourself if so then what paint did you use, and what method did you use… If not, who did it and where? 😀

Thanks 🙂

sc-xc

[/url]
    IMG_0650 by santacruzxc, on Flickr[/img]

There’s also lots of pictures of my blue one on here as well. That’s not me BTW, that’s ma boi.

addy6402

Poo-bike, just done for £35 at Bournes in Birmingham. Very impressed with the finish.

sc-xc

+1 for Bournes. Very good….

steezysix
    Free Member

@ addy, I thought “why’s it called a poo bike?” Oh, right… 🙂

saleem
    Free Member

Are they in Brum itself ??

samuri
    Free Member

Just the forks…

pompino 1 by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

addy6402

Are they in Brum itself ??

Yes, very near to the centre…

Bournes

YoKaiser
    Free Member

chrisjnr, frame forks and bars were done by Chameleon powdercoat in Renfrew £70 for the three pieces with the gold flake throughout.

Another pic

YoKaiser
    Free Member

^ not the bars fitted though ^

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member
    Tracey

simon1975

£35 for strip and powder F&F at W H Paints in Mansfield. Very pleased with it.

renton
    Free Member

are there any problems with having a frame powdercoated??

frame in question is a 2010 stumpy frame.

ive heard horror stories of places putting holes in thin tubes when they are blasting them !!!

simon1975

I didn’t worry about steel, but ask them if they know what they’re doing with aluminium! You could always have it chemically stripped (dipped) instead, which it’ll need anyway if it’s been previously powdered.

And I did all the prep work myself, so now I own a pink headset, seatpost, BB cups and various bolts / washers etc.

Tracey

We have had four done with no problems, think ours were dipped to strip them. First class job on every one.

z1ppy

Addy6402, WTF were you thinking with that colour? :mrgreen:
    C’dale actually sold them in a poo brown colour and I could never see why they sold any in it…

Skyliner
    Free Member

renton, just make sure the finish of the stumpy is taken right back as they have a polished and a rough ano type finish on the same frame. and the 2010 elites had a major laquer issue so make sure there is no corrosion lurking.

renton
    Free Member

Skyliner thats the reason im going to get it done, the original finish has started peeling already and as im not the first owner specialized will not warranty it .

planning on keeping it a fair while so will get it done properly.

cheers

steve

almightydutch
    Free Member

Black with lots of metallic flake.

Local alloy wheel place to me but now i’ve seen Bourne at £35 for a complete job i’m pissed at my £65 including me prepping all holes.
    Still more than happy with the result. Its proper bling in the sun

renton
    Free Member

that looks nice !!!

xcstu
    Free Member

almightydutch – you have anymore pics? was thinking of having this done to my sc superlight 🙂

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Are sticker sets available for most frames? What do you do if they aren’t? How about thinks like frame tubing material ie 853 etc. Always wondered.

I_Ache
    Free Member

You wont be able to get a genuine sticker set for the likes of Specialized and they had a big crackdown on people selling vinyl cut sets on ebay. There are a few people that will still do it for you but you will have to measure the original decals so they can plot new ones for you. I used a bloke to do the decals for my stripped Enduro and they are a pretty good quality, I can recommend him if anybody is interested.

A few years ago, before Specialized crackdown, I found a really intricate set for an SX trail but I cant find any like that now.

belugabob
    Free Member

No pictures to hand, but here is a blog about mine…

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Sussex_Muddyarse/index.php?showtopic=2438

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

reynolds supply tubing stickers (i got some when I re-did my Dialled Alpine) and some manufacturers will supply frame sticker kits if you provide the frame number (did this with a litespeed many years ago).

ferrit32
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member
    Ral 1018 Telemegenta…

Crappy iPhone pic, but you get the idea..

PEDANT ALERT! Are you sure its not RAL 4010? RAL 1018 is zinc yellow. Nice all the same 🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

xcstu
    almightydutch – you have anymore pics? was thinking of having this done to my sc superlight

Only a few but nothing really close u like that.

check out my photostream for more snaps…..ignore the other crap on there.

bruneep

Just picked it up today.

renton
    Free Member

tell me more bruneep !!!!!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

ferrit32 – Member

PEDANT ALERT! Are you sure its not RAL 4010? RAL 1018 is zinc yellow. Nice all the same

😳

Yeah, you’re right..

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Can anodised frames be powder coated? Quite fancy getting my Maverick ML8 and Fox 36s done some bileous colour!

Dangerboy
    Free Member

This is mine, taken in the snow (i.e. some time ago)…

renton
    Free Member

dangerboy i quite like the colour on that !!!! what colour is it just out of interest

tk46hal
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Show us your powder coated frames !!’ is closed to new replies.