Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Show us your OTB face plant pictures.
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

an old one at Bedgebury. Look to the left of the bridge

Helping Sue out of the stream

It was November, the water was cold and she was fully submerged hence the look of shock on her face (but Gary on the right seemed to find it funny)

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

another blast from the past for those of you who remember ‘Rat boy’, misjudging the depth of a puddle and getting fully submerged after going head OTB

lipseal
    Free Member

Keep em coming 😆

I’m scabbing up nicely(picture taken by my concerned wife)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crazy-legs

Expertly captured by simonfbarnes.
    The aftermath (lost count of how many stitches although I was amazingly lucky to have no real scarring and not to break my neck/teeth etc)

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Ooops sorry wrong thread!

Hairychested
    Free Member

May I dedicate it to all of you?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07kpF1MZHOQ[/video]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Someone must know this guy…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx1GWD__KC8[/video]

lowey

SOme crackers on here… Stoney, I always wondered what our FB profile pic was of… lol

kaesae
    Free Member

Crazy legs I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, do that again, please!

On a serious note, when I first started biking back in the day I would go along at a good speed then jam the front brake on. I would then learn to jump over the bars onto my feet and also how to land without injuring myself.

It might not be a bad idea to learn how to do that, get an old bike not a new one and practice jumping over the bars, sound stupid but it is a skill that everyone should have, as sooner or later chances are we are all going over the bars 😯

Some of us will have our heads go one way and our bodies the other while we attempt to plant our faces into the ground, some of us will not 😉 That said if I do I will come back and show everyone the picture!

kaesae
    Free Member

TSY, that’s not the best jump I’ve ever seen, but it does have a certain class.

It could have been so much worse!

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

http://www.bikemagic.com/members/images/99575/Gallery/IMG00213-20101025-2134comp.jpg

50 stitches after getting up close and personal with Edale Tarmac.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This pic is very pathetic compared to the other pics posted on here, I LOLed lots at them^, so thanks for that you people. This is old skool over the bars tho 1996, I think in a peat bog somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales

MarkN
    Free Member

@raggatip, you like it crispy then. 😆

Dancake
    Free Member

great. I already mince about with shin pads on. Now I need a full face after seeing those 🙁

chainslapp
    Free Member

And even roadies can get it wrong,

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Can’t find the original, but here is one that my friend mocked up after stacking it on a loose corner last year and double breaking my nose:

And a couple of days later:

Incredibly it actually straightened my nose from a previous break.

P20

Frank at hamsterley

Frank

Ed at Blanchland

DSCF7286 by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Me. I could almost breathe through my new extra nostril caused by my m-frames going into my nose after landing on a small tree stump, oh and bust ribs

Thrunton 24-01-09 by ahsatb, on Flickr

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I did this on the Quantocks in Triscombe last year, also fractured my elbow which i didn’t realize until i reluctantly went to A&E the day after. Still managed 12 miles back to the car afterwards though 😆

My helmet didn’t look much better either!

wheelz
    Free Member

Over the bars in Spain.

Concussion and a broken collarbone.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Oh… go awn then, over the bars onto sharp dolerite (chin hanging off) in Tasmania in 2009:

Patched up in A+E, the aftermath…

votchy
    Free Member

[/url] PB120068 by markywatton, on Flickr[/img]

Day after pic, one tooth knocked clean out, one broken at the root and still in place, bitten through bottom lip, front wheel wash out and face plant in to a root sticking out the bank at the top of pepsi max in the wyre, 5 years on and the teeth marks are still in the root, there is also a deer walking round the forest with a dashing smile 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

Lol @ Mark.
    Slightly broken nose!

Week after nose job.

Pedro’s sympathetic text pic.

Kahurangi

SPOOOON!!!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUHFXAdGx7Y[/video]

flamejob
    Free Member

I hope you don’t mind John, I stuck that lovely clip on the Switchbacks Facebook page.

podman
    Free Member

Here’s mine from about 6 months ago, riding home from work & managed to catch my bars in a mesh fence…

Kahurangi

flamejob – no problem, we spent literally hours bawling our eyes out watching that clip the following evening.

7hz
    Free Member

None of you were any oil paintings anyway, so no loss to the world.

>-)

z1ppy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX3C6xQCpsU[/video]

Not me, but some guy we were following down the White’s trail today.
    I believe his bike ended up 20 foot futher on down the bank, he didn’t look too bad/damaged back at the trail centre.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

OI JON I WAS ABOUT TO POST THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Show us your OTB face plant pictures.’ is closed to new replies.